#1 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:04 AM

I assume that the forum is acting up again and the topics are vanishing, so i will just go ahead and repost it:
If i assume wrong, then please dear mods be so friendly and attach an explanation as to why this topic offends you, the rules or the players.

I'll be frank: Everybody knows that the devs dont prioritize the bot issue and are in fact giving their silent consent to it as long it gets them a bit of money.

Due to this the game is practically dead.

You walk into a bunch of sitting chars at a respawn zone start an aoe heal spell -> watch the amazing happen as up to 8 people jump up right away and walk off without any comment or reaction, meaning that the bot has reached full health and walks back to the designated map. Meanwhile prontera has shops with up to 15 copies of the same card in it (highest i saw: 16 pieces of andre card)

I came to the official server after 6 years but after 2 weeks i can already see how warpportal works: Blame the players for everything and do nothing about anything.

Its actually a pretty clever way to handle support and public relations of any sort:

- You are lagging? Well we are sorry, it must be your connection. Please send your tracert and ping reports to your isp. If you get a reply then send it to us so we can keep on doing absolutely nothing about it
- Bots on our servers? Well, go on and report them so we can the proceed onto doing nothing about them
- Game crash issues? You installed wrong
- Disconnects? Its your client
- Community is dead? No wonder with all the bots around, sadly we cant do anything about it.

Meanwhile: The most used botting software is an open source code accessible to the devs them self. In fact they know about it so much that its being chat filtered out the moment you attempt to write it down:
Incidentally, their site lists all of their writers, supporters, programmers, developers, even their inactive members.

I mean jesus. How more obvious do you need to make it that you will never do anything about botting? Its an open source code you can take apart and block/lock literally 100'000 way with developers that have their god damned nicks and names listed on their site.
Im just saying.
The game is socially dead.
Who is not botting, is double clienting instead and is not interested in talking or partying with other people

You are needlessly creating a bad name for yourself and your company with this sort of attitude, and everybody can tell who has an IQ above 70.
If you wish to keep this attitude, then its easier to allow botting for everyone.

Edited by Campitor, 23 August 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#2 LOBS

LOBS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:14 AM

The fact that there are bots on the server don't bother me at all. So I'm neither for this or against this. They bring loot into the economy that wouldn't otherwise be there. This will (usually) lower the prices of items, making it affordable to the poorer players.

What really bugs me about WP is the lag. I find it pathetic that you HAVE TO invest in a third party program in order to even play the game.
"We'll give you this F2P game, but in order for you to actually enjoy it, you have to pay a monthly subscription to a ping reducer. Enjoy !!"
I would be much happier if they went back to a monthly subscription if that meant that the kafra shop items were balanced and that you wouldn't need wtfast or lowerping

#3 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 12 August 2012 - 11:21 AM

[mod]stop remaking closed topics and especially about this subject, do again and you're gone.[/mod]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users