Bard uninterruptable outside of woe - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bard uninterruptable outside of woe

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:05 AM

I need help with this feature cause i cant find ANY information on it. Since when do bard songs get interrupted on hit?
Since it doent happen all the time i assume its chance based, but whats the calculation for it? Can it be influenced with stats? Can it be influenced with cards? I cant tell anything about it.

Also:
I strongly suggest to remove this **** feature outside of woe. Its literally past retarded that i need to eat up my sp and spam songs because i take 40 something damage from a drainliar from instance. I mean what the hell?
I completely understand how this feature works balancing inside of woe, but outside of it? Its just an another crap fix to make RO a bit less playable for everyone, without ANY sort of logic behind it.

Edited by Aerensiniac, 14 August 2012 - 04:27 AM.

#2 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:59 AM

I know it breaks if you take high damage at once, or is affected by status ailment.

#3 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:35 AM

I know it breaks if you take high damage at once, or is affected by status ailment.

There is more to it since damage lower than 100 did manage to interrupt more than just once.

#4 LOBS

LOBS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 05:57 AM

if you take more than 30% (I think) of your max hp as damage, the song instantly ends. I don't know why a drainliar would make your song end...

#5 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:20 AM

if you take more than 30% (I think) of your max hp as damage, the song instantly ends. I don't know why a drainliar would make your song end...

Its possible that the amount of damage is part of the calculation, but i think its not completely based on it. I could be wrong tho. For now im trying to find the formula for it.

Also strongly suggest to remove it from PVE content. Whose idea was this and on what note? I dont understand the notion behind constantly screwing over your players by making their skills more and more nerfed as time passes. In pvp/woe i can see the reasoning since there are various songs that lock you out from using skills to restricting your movement, but to put this on as a general nerf.... its retarded, just like with wizards. They get X, Y skill then the devs go "oh this is op, we gonna disable it here, there, there too, oh here as well, right this map is too easy too with it, no, you cant use it in such a situation either, it would be too unfair..." i mean what the frikin hell?

Part of the reason behind RO being in the sorry state it is, is this senseless way to handle skills and their usage.
You put 10 points into icewall just to find out that they disabled it literally EVERYWHERE where it would be actually useful. Ofc nothing about it is mentioned in the skill description. Hell why would we do that?
So you screwed up your build? Oh look, you can buy from us gems for real money to fix it up.

You could write a book about RO's patching logs, and then could give it the title: "how to kill your own game with sheer stupidity".

Edited by Aerensiniac, 14 August 2012 - 07:23 AM.

#6 Aerensiniac

Aerensiniac

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Is this even a feature?
Some people say this is straight out a bug

#7 Balthi

Balthi