[Classic] Best Knight build for PvM and for leveling - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Best Knight build for PvM and for leveling

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:17 PM

As the title says, can someone help me find the best PvM Knight build and what gears are best for it to level with?

- 2-H Sword Agi Knight?

- Spear Knight?

- Sword and Shield Knight?

I currently have a Swordie going to knight in a couple job levels, building up to an Agi two-handed sword build but I was having second thoughts and planning to get a Neuralizer.
I love all builds, however I wish to play with a build that is more "easier" and cheap" and will make leveling fun while I am playing classic.

Edited by Yukyrie, 16 August 2012 - 02:17 PM.

#2 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:23 PM

Nice detailed post, better to see then the usual "Make me a build plz" threads. But probably belongs in the Knight forum?

#3 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:29 PM

Nice detailed post, better to see then the usual "Make me a build plz" threads. But probably belongs in the Knight forum?

Yeah I realized that and hope someone does move this, but I stand clear on this topic, I'm losing interest in playing my favorite class and hope I get the response I need to continue my quest~

#4 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:32 PM

Leveling a Knight well is not cheap. SVD Spear is best. With a Rental CK and Thara Shield (buying rental CK from someone shouldn't be expensive) and you can do CT HO easily. Throwing in Immune and Rental Rings may help at lower levels but in the end not necessary. Make an Endow Sage and you can pull 8m EXP/hr, the best solo EXP of any class (except maybe a very high level Wiz with enough dex to solo CT HO).

Agi Knight is only plausible with Ice Dungeon, since they can earn acceptable EXP there. Now you may be making 1-2m? Maybe? If you can even flee the mobs. At low levels (before 90) you're kinda screwed as AGI Knight since you can't flee.

Mobbing is King, so SVD anything is superior. Either way isn't cheap.

#5 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:36 PM

Mobbing and killing at high speeds with Bowling Bash is more likely to get you card drops in in the same amount of time as well, making up the cost of potions, etc.

#6 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Well im not too familiar with new Classic but back when I use to play 2000-2005 Agi 2hq was a good cheap class to play that could hold it's own in pvm very well.

Always hybrid and get some vit in your build to take advantage of knight's HP modifier. Don't feel forced to 99 any stat, it consumes a lot of points. Agi/Str/Dex/Vit/Luk in that order is solid advice. Vankberk cards/cards(depending if mid[1] comes!) will help tremendously. And couple options fo accesories, kobold/mantis. Kobold being very cheap and effective. Matyr, Peco, raydric prefered but mocking is a cheaper option. Save for a Muramasa, it's curse doesn't proc often and holy waters are cheap and easy. Rentals will be tremdously helpful.

Random tips but hopefully helpful.

#7 zelley

zelley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Location'murica

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:43 PM

combat knife, high orc shield...ct ho's when you get BB 10, anolians when you hit 75-80ish.

#8 Phatz

Phatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:05 PM

What's the damage difference though using the CK + shield as opposed to an endowed 2h'er from the rental shop?

Given if you can spam SP items and Whites would it be far better to do that to gain way more xp/hr?

#9 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Why spam SP items when you can just use a CK and shield so you wont take -_-tons of damage?

#10 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

Bowling Bash Cast time is based on DEX. The delay, if you're actively leveling, is easy to manually cancel. You should be warping away the moment the mob drops to maximize exp/hr (thus the delay doesn't matter anyways). Even if you're spending two bbs dancing it is trivial.

#11 Meow3244562436

Meow3244562436

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:31 PM

Muramasa's curse procs all the time. I didn't stop really being annoyed by it til about 90 total vit. Go SVD though. If you're poor, you can BB in ho's and trade some exp for picking up loots. You can also pot with meats (nile rose with spring rabbit cards). Until I got high level I'd go through nearly 1k meats an hour, but picking up just the elu ori drops pays for it easily since they're so cheap. I'd remake if I had more than 9 agi in my build. Best of luck to you.

Edited by Meow3244562436, 16 August 2012 - 03:33 PM.

#12 Phatz

Phatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:35 PM

Why spam SP items when you can just use a CK and shield so you wont take -_-tons of damage?

Refer to the part of my post that says, you'd gain way more exp/hr by doing so.

You do realise that people have zeny to burn (like me) and more exp/hr only means to spam more sp/whites then it's not a problem...

#13 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:55 PM

Alrighty then, SVD build it is~

Blasting many mobs while taking lesser hits sounds like a good trade instead of me getting hit anyways with a agi build that has a higher risk.

Thanks for the helpful responses everyone~!! :3

#14 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:00 PM

Neuralizer only resets skills btw. Kind of sounds like you'll be resetting your stats or something based on your first post.

#15 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:20 PM

Refer to the part of my post that says, you'd gain way more exp/hr by doing so.

You do realise that people have zeny to burn (like me) and more exp/hr only means to spam more sp/whites then it's not a problem...

yeah sure i have enough raw zeny to buy 99999999999999999999 whites too but why would you do that esp on classic? You can prob get maybe 10-20% more xp per hour using whites/sp items but then youll have to kafra card more whites/sp items in or use a key every time you ran out of supplies

#16 Phatz

Phatz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

yeah sure i have enough raw zeny to buy 99999999999999999999 whites too but why would you do that esp on classic? You can prob get maybe 10-20% more xp per hour using whites/sp items but then youll have to kafra card more whites/sp items in or use a key every time you ran out of supplies

It'd be way more than 10-20%.

You just keep owning it up with the CK!

#17 Superpass

Superpass

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Classic, Yggdrasil

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

It'd be way more than 10-20%.

You just keep owning it up with the CK!

Hemp Nasty 99'ed in only a couple (2-3) weeks with just a rental ck.

#18 JokeLemeng

JokeLemeng

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

you mean Hemp Nasty "the botter" who got banned and then got his account banned with an equip and zenny wipe out?
Yeah he is really GOOD!:)
haters gonna hate

-NET memes-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users