RVR Suggestion (for current RVR) - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

RVR Suggestion (for current RVR)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lavanglan

Lavanglan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

The two main things wrong with RVR right now are balance and the guards/hiding/camping.

The Balance issue should be like it was in Troy Online. If you have 10 people apply on one side, and 5 on the other, then it becomes 6v5. Essentially give some XP and DP to the people who don't make it into battle but it will balance out the teams better (number wise).

Now for the map itself.... The guards are terrible and the camping/hiding is boring. RVR is meant to test your strategy not get lucky and get one kill then camp in the back of the RVR by the lvl 100 guards. Here is an idea. Make the rooms with guards empty of guards. Also, break it off from the main map and put a teleporter in. You can talk to the NPC to get teleported into battle. In order to keep the fighting going on, give the players a max of 1 minute before the teleporter will automatically push you into the map. This will end the "We got one kill now stay in the back!" fighting. It would allow their team to get ready and come out in a full group.

Troy Online used this feature and the players spawned in 2 different spawns based on which side of the map their team owned. It was quite fun.

#2 rekindledflame

rekindledflame

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 09:51 PM

Numbers do not equate to equality when there is a level range. 5 level 51's are not equal to 5 level 59's (you could make the argument with end game gear 10 level 51's aren't equal) End game gear makes that big of difference in this gap. This wouldn't be a test of strategy, it would be a slaughter. While I do agree that rvr is very boring as it is, there are some other things that need to be adjusted to create a balance, such as with the level range, for something like this to be implemented.

#3 Lavanglan

Lavanglan

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

Numbers do not equate to equality when there is a level range. 5 level 51's are not equal to 5 level 59's (you could make the argument with end game gear 10 level 51's aren't equal) End game gear makes that big of difference in this gap. This wouldn't be a test of strategy, it would be a slaughter. While I do agree that rvr is very boring as it is, there are some other things that need to be adjusted to create a balance, such as with the level range, for something like this to be implemented.

As I stated in my original post:The Balance issue should be like it was in Troy Online. If you have 10 people apply on one side, and 5 on the other, then it becomes 6v5. Essentially give some XP and DP to the people who don't make it into battle but it will balance out the teams better (number wise).

I am aware that GEAR make a difference. That is why I posted the above statement in the sentence. Of course the higher levels will win more often. I would suggest making a different tear for RVR. Maybe make it 59-55, 50-54, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users