#1 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 26 July 2010 - 11:52 AM

Possession Mount:

Based in the thread called "Battle Mount idea" (http://www.playrequi...=search#M255359) and "Mounts for in game cash" (http://www.playrequi...=search#M331509) i think it could be interesting to have a Possession Mount.

How it would work: the player get a mount quin, that could go in the Possession Beast window, in a new tag. The normal mount transform in this possession mount, and get x extra movement speed: of course the pay ones, when are transformed, should be faster than the normal ones. When the mount is transformed, it consume HC point like the PB.

This mount wouldnt get lvls by itself, it would have the same lvl as the PB. Besides of the speed, it could give additional hp bonus per lvl, and could have buff skills like defense and evasion.

Explanation:

The suggestion about battle mounts is around the forums for a long time now, but if it was implemented just like that, then it probably would be a mall item wich make it unbalanced for the players that cant buy it, or if it was a quest upgrade (http://www.playrequi...=search#M331509), the mall item version still would be more powerfull.

How solve this problem? well, with this idea. The PB Mount could give an additional 0.5 speed bonus: enough to make the free mount faster but not enough to make it faster than the mall ones, and the mall ones, when are transformed, also go faster.

The PB Mount also could have buff skills, to make it hardder to unmount. I also was thinking in an aoe skill to low the aggro over the monsters (like the oposite to taunt), that way they dont follow the player.

Reasons:

Why implement such thing? Well, atm isnt needed, but going in the lines of my other suggestions, all goes to a big total war map (gvg, faction vs faction or even svs) that could be placed in a separate server (in the case of svs), and it would be open 24/7. That map would have casttles, etc. In such a map, players need more things to break the enemy lines.

Also, the game should work more in the terror factor, in the nightmares, in the possessions and the war factor. And this idea go in those lines.

#2 Syre

Syre

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1860 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 26 July 2010 - 05:58 PM

Thats a cool idea but how things are now another warfield w/e would either be empty or drain life out of other battlefields. Like empty foc during tb time.

#3 MeCCa

MeCCa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 352 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:19 PM

sounds cool, but noway bad enough that some pbs ignore res and can 1 shot someone, now u want them to catch u faster?

#4 Salubri

Salubri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1305 posts
  • LocationCancun, Quintana Roo, Mexico
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:-_- YOU GRAVITY

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

sounds cool, but noway bad enough that some pbs ignore res and can 1 shot someone, now u want them to catch u faster?

this, first they need to fix that

#5 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:55 AM

No, the PBs wouldnt mount the PB mount. Instead of use the HC to transform the character, it would use the HC to transform the mount: i dont know if it should have attacks, it could be too powerful, but it could have buffs.

#6 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 01:29 PM

Since they will add new mounts i change a little the suggestion.

There would be 4 PMounts, one for each race. To use it, the player dont need to be mounted, the PMount have its own casting time (similar to mount the normal mount): with the difference that can be used in combat, but once the player unmount, the HC bar reset to 0 (same as if the payer turned off the PB). The PMount add x amount of speed (could be 0.5) over the current mount speed): should be a way to link the mount with the PMount, maybe the PMount window could have a mount slot, this way the player save one slot in the bags too.

Thinking in some skills:

lvl 20: 100 ~ 1000 defense (short/long)
lvl 40: 5% ~ 50% evasion
lvl 50: aoe, reduce the enemies aggro 1000 ~ 3000 (it could have the added effect of untarget the mount)
lvl 60: 5% ~ 20% to all resistances
lvl 70: "Godly Mirror"
lvl 80: "Magic Counter Attack" but a normal buff

#7 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 07 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

Cool idea.
This way I could break through the svs team easier. My ghetto rex takes 2 hits and gets unmounted >_>
But then I would have no HC for my other beast, so I would have to pass on it.
Same with other battlefields it would more useful to use the attack pb and get kills.
It would have to be a new map like you mentioned.
Or if you could attack on it too, but not make it as OP as current PBs lol. Well if you made it the same damage as yourself, but not be able to use any skills etc. Not sure how this would affect game. Might be a cool idea. Would make you an uber tank, but do normal damage, and cannot use skills.

#8 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 04:13 PM

Yes, the idea is more focused in a war/siege scenario than the normal battlefields. Also, it would be for a more tactic gameplay.

Imagine to be in the pb mount, and be able to enter with your party in the enemy lines. Then the Protector cast the pb mount skill to make the enemies untarget the party, and unmount and cast the pvp taunt (the one i suggest, when taunt, the enemys are forced to target the caster), that open a window to cast cc skills, etc.

Yes, i think in the posibility of make the players able to shoot from the mount, but still not sure. Also was thinking on use some buffs or other skills that arnt attacks: such as stealth, dashes, heals, etc.

But the pb mount also could have party buffs that make it useful in a war situation.

I am not sure of anything but i would like to see the mounts have a more active roll in pvp, over all in future big scale fights.

#9 Nadesh

Nadesh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4987 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 06:48 AM

I think it a little more and be able to use the class attack skills from the mount wouldnt be so great. It would give an even bigger adventage to mages: maybe if only be able to cast some skills, but not the instant cast ones or the ones that become instant with dna: the mage ones i mean, not the melee ones.

Maybe the mount itself could have some attack skills, that would be better. But the main purpose of it would be to defend the allies and break the enemy lines.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users