4 replies to this topic

#1 lucascoura

lucascoura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:47 AM

Hey guys,
I'm in the process of building a pure forger. He is currently job level 39.

And thus begins the great debate of whether or not to get job 50.
Skills:
DC/OC: 10
Vend: 10
Pushcart: 3
Enlarge Weight Limit: 5
Total: 48

So I'm not sure if I need jlvl 50 or not. It's a pure forger so obviously not bothering with Mammonite- but any other ideas? Where would the points even go?

#2 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:03 AM

max your pushcart or suffer walking slow

#3 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:57 PM

if you're a pure forger and level by leeching there isent really any point in maxing pushcart

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

Does it matter whether you've got a merchant sprite, or a blacksmith sprite while leeching?

It really doesn't, at least last I checked. It's not like you'll be able to level yourself once you become BS or something.

Personally, I think you're doing the skill build all wrong, though. You're missing skills that ARE important, and are instead wasting points on OC/DC, which you could make a slave char for.

I'd do Pushcart 10 - your forger is likely to be your main vending character, so you'll likely be using it and walking around towns with it a lot. This is going to suck without cart 10. Also, while you're leveling it, you're going to very badly want to have full walking speed, so you can out-run monsters and get to wherever your safe leeching spot is...

I'd also max increased weight limit, because that lets you do larger forging runs at once (forging materials are ridiculously heavy), and makes general logistics easier..

Then, just make some crappy slave merch for OC/DC and get it to job 24 (maxed OC/DC IWL3) and use that for buying/selling to NPCs.

#5 PoisonEdge

PoisonEdge

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:02 AM

I would agree with DrAzzy.. I personally went job 50 on my Pure Forge.. Only I did my build a little different from Azzy

OC/DC - 10
Increase Weight - 10
Pushcart - 10
Identify - 1
Vend - 8

Honestly, 2 points of vend isn't going to kill me in the long run.. and I get everything I need in one package.. If I need more vending space, I can just make alts on alt accnts.. You WILL need Pushcart 10, and you WILL need Increase Weight. Or you will be sorry you didn't get them later.. I can only make 50 Steel in a clip due to my weight limit.. Take that as a sign you will need it..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users