• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MetalBearSolid

MetalBearSolid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

Hi, i need help with LK MVP build i dont know what skills to get or what stats max first and i want to do MVP just like this guy
thanks for the incoming help :mellow:

#2 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

Did you create and play a Knight? Which level is that character? Usually you know about the basics of LKs after playing a Knight for a while; some specific questions appear, but asking for 'stats and skills' seems a bit fuzzy to me.

For MvP'ing, any Str-Vit-Dex LK works. Bowling Bash is your skill of choice, but Spear Boomerang or Pierce work too in some cases.

#3 MetalBearSolid

MetalBearSolid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 06:58 PM

I am lvl 50 high swordman, on the video comments he said he was Hybrid build a bowling bash/pierce hybrid, with spear dynamo for extra damage and aura blade for better pierces and this was his build 99 str, about 50 dex, 60 vit, 30 agi, 30 int. But i dont know what Skills get as a Hybrid build. hope that helps

Edited by MetalBearSolid, 27 July 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#4 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 27 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

The guy made the char in TI, I've partied with him a few times, so I guess he is legit in his ignorance.

Intelligence is unnecessary.
99 strength is also typically unnecessary, I say typically, because it can mean one-less pierce on kasas in Thors.

I would also say dex is too high, but that's purely from a PVM standpoint, not MVP.
Vit is too low to live certain skills imo.

#5 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 27 July 2010 - 03:26 AM

I am lvl 50 high swordman, on the video comments he said he was Hybrid build a bowling bash/pierce hybrid, with spear dynamo for extra damage and aura blade for better pierces and this was his build 99 str, about 50 dex, 60 vit, 30 agi, 30 int. But i dont know what Skills get as a Hybrid build. hope that helps

'Hybrid' in this case is directed at the stats, not skills. If you get Aura Blade or not is up to you, but you want Bowling Bash. And since you get Bowling Bash, you also need stats that support your damage output per time: Str (8x to 9x), Dex (5x to 6x) and Agi (2x to 3x). Many MvPs use status effects on you, so you also need Vit at 90 or 100 total.

#6 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:17 AM

Dex is always better than Agi for BB cast time btw. Agility is really only there for pierce, I'm not sure it even affects BB at all if I recall correctly from some tests run with my knight.

#7 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 27 July 2010 - 04:30 AM

Dex is always better than Agi for BB cast time btw. Agility is really only there for pierce, I'm not sure it even affects BB at all if I recall correctly from some tests run with my knight.

Yes Agi (ASPD) affects Bowling Bash, just try it with a Musketeer Hat. Those few points in Agi are quite cheap, so it's not a bad idea to get 2x-3x Agi.

#8 MetalBearSolid

MetalBearSolid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 12:16 AM

well, then what skills should i get for MVP?

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:59 AM

Both Agi and Dex effect the speed at which you cast BB...

Bowling bash has a cast time. The cast bar isn't there, but it might as well be (same with brandish). I think the skills can even be stopped with Spellbreaker.
That cast time is reduced by dex.

Bowling bash also has an after-cast delay based on attack speed. It feels longer than a normal swing delay, too.

I was playing with this on a knight (sera's knight, actually) back on loki in combination with the ASPD delay cancel thing*.
With low dex and aspd delay canceled, there is still a limit to how fast you can spam BB.
Likewise with 150 dex and no aspd cancel.
With 150 dex and aspd canceled though, you could BB as fast as you can click.

well, then what skills should i get for MVP?

PIERCE, BOWLING BASH, SPEAR DYNAMO - standard SVD LK bowling-bash skill build.

*The aspd cancel trick used is not exploitable, as it requires way too many bodies positioned way too precisely for practical use, and doesn't work at all on woe maps.

#10 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:55 AM

See, that's the good thing about LK in a way. The good build is the same no matter what you want to do with it. The same SVD build will perform well in most any aspect of the game, though of course you can always tweak it for particulars. But really, if you made a standard SVD LK, you could WoE well, MVP well, and level well.

Pierce, Bowling Bash, Spear Dynamo
Other than that, pick up Cavalier Mastery, Frenzy, and Aura Blade.

#11 MetalBearSolid

MetalBearSolid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

okay thanks for the help

#12 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 03:27 PM

The below is my opinion regarding a solo MvP LK:

Int is useful for an MvP LK, primarily because low amounts of int are cheap and it will increase your SP regain from pots. SP consumables tend to be considerably more expensive than HP and this stat, as I see it, is for cost efficiency.

Dex is useful, less because of faster BB cast time and more so because of the hit bonus. There are certain MvPs who cast the uber NPC agi-up where you can continue to bowling bash if you have enough hit, such as turtle general, samurai specter, drake, and osiris. There are also other MvPs that don't agi-up but require high hit which dex will be helpful, such as baphomet and stormy knight. If you can get hit gear such as BG medallions and use consumable such as hit pastries, your actual need for dex decreases

Agi is useful for other agi-up MvPs, whose hit requirements are much higher. This would be MvPs such as Dracula, Lord of the Dead, Hatii, and Mistress. For these, you would need a crit weapon and a musketeer hat. Agi will increase your aspd and hence your dps when these MvPs are low on life and cast agi-up.

Vit is necessary but not as much as in WoE. You can use green pots for silence and holy water for curse. For the stun resistance, even having around 80 is enough for some stun happy MvPs such as doppelganger. The greater benefit to vit is the boost to your max HP, which you'd need a high amount of to not be flat out one-shot by certain skills such as Lord of the Dead powered up Hell's judgment or killed by Samurai Specter's powered up Hell's judgement comboed with soul destroyer.

Str I would recommend you place high, for reasons of SP efficiency. If your dps is *a little* lower, but you require less BBs to kill an MvP, your consumable cost will probably be less.

Your most often skills used will probably be bowling bash and pierce. Spear dynamo and aura blade are useful complements, especially when you can kill the MvP in less than a whole SP bar. Bash may have marginal use for those MvPs where you require a hit boost and where an optimal weapon might not be a spear.

Edited by jax5, 01 August 2010 - 03:30 PM.

#13 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:04 PM

Also remember Spear Dynamo gives a really nice hit bonus and there is also a small one on Pierce, I believe.

Edited by Sera, 01 August 2010 - 06:05 PM.

#14 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

Also remember Spear Dynamo gives a really nice hit bonus and there is also a small one on Pierce, I believe.

Pierce: +50% HIT (with 182 HIT you'll have 100% HIT rate on Kasas with Pierce)

Of course it's possible to get Int on a Lord Knight if you really want that, but it's totally unnecessary for MvP'ing (as I see it). SP items are only expensive if you're too lazy to hunt them, but current money issues should never affect your final stats.

#15 jax5

jax5

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

An MvP LK is probably going to be using more expensive SP consumables, such as blues and ranked blues. For example, if you are fighting powered up and quickened Atroce, you really don't have time to spam a bunch of strawberries. You could fwing, but then you'd risk losing to competition or having your buffs (such as from an alt HP) drop. The same goes for detardeurus or even stormy knight with his posse of hatii and hatii babies.

The difference between 1 and 10 or even 20 int might not be huge, but considering the trade-offs involved, I think it would be a reasonable choice that some might make (while others might focus on a faster kill time instead). This is because it is not nearly as important for an MvP LK to get 100 or near-100 vit. Dropping 10-20 vit allows for quite a lot of agi and/or int that a typical SVD WoE build might choose to forgo.

You could choose to hunt your own SP consumables, but then that cuts into your MvP time. If the cost of the consumables involved is a non-issue, then getting int obviously wouldn't be a very preferrable choice.

Edited by jax5, 01 August 2010 - 09:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users