What is the best Homunculus overall for a Alchemist? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is the best Homunculus overall for a Alchemist?

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:30 PM

As topic says, out of Vanil, The sheep, filir or Lif which is the best to have? I am going to assume its vanilmirth due to its stats,m but I am looking for opinions before i delete my lv 53 filir and replace it. Wonder how many tries it'll take to get the vanil I want (its the one with the face inside the clear jelly body)

So, which do you think is the best Honunculus overall and why?

Thanks alf or your input.

#2 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

Vanil --> Dieter definitely awesome damage, tanking ability and as dieter awesome support skills

#3 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2012 - 05:08 PM

however, if you're willing to live through the Amistr hardship, Amistr > Deiter is better.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:11 PM

Vani, imo - nothing else matches it's combination of excellent stats, good sp growth, and useful skills.

however, if you're willing to live through the Amistr hardship, Amistr > Deiter is better.

How so?

Sheep really doesn't synergize with dieter much, and a Vani->Dieter will hit the HP cap anyway (or be within a hair's breadth of it if not).

Vani helps a lot more, because it's got the ranged attack for leveling and interrupting people at range in PVP, and has much better stats.

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:42 PM

Vani>Dieter is also the fastest one to level.

I always wondered what's the best one to branch Sera from. Amistr or Dieter?

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:57 PM

Vani>Dieter is also the fastest one to level.

I always wondered what's the best one to branch Sera from. Amistr or Dieter?

Amistr or what?

#7 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Dieter to Sera, OP lol

#8 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:24 AM

Does no one use Elenor the cute catgirl one? Well guess i'll trash my filir and go get some embyro's and hope I get the one I want. Hmm doesn't seem like anyone is selling any on valk according to ragial, unless I am search for the wrong thing, I just put in Embyro.

Edited by Siveria, 25 August 2012 - 02:49 AM.

#9 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:10 AM

if you get me the supplies i'll make you some if you need any. If it fails, i'll get more supplies myself

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 25 August 2012 - 06:22 AM

Amistr or what?

I mean Vani xD

#11 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 25 August 2012 - 11:00 AM

How suitable is... let's say... Lif > Sera and Filir > Eira?

#12 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Can u have more than 1 homun? also how do I know if my growth on my vanil is good? I bought a embyro for 130k off someone and got the one i wanted on first try, then on the vanils first kill which was a pupa it dropped a card, so I was pretty happy about that XD. Also does it really take bloody 990 feedings to make it loyal? if so wtf was the guy thinking when he decided that? Oh also, does the homun S inherit the name of the old one? or can you rename it?

Edited by Siveria, 25 August 2012 - 12:24 PM.

#13 NeoNilox

NeoNilox

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 797 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:What server?

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:16 PM

As far as I know, you can NOT have more than one homunculus in one same character. And it's pretty hard to tell how good is the homunculus stat growth because: renewal stats (window is awfully inacurrate), evolution gives a crapton of extra stats, no homunculus calc can handle those big numbers since they used to be much smaller, and homunculi S stat growths are still unknown, there're some unique trends though.

Huh? That One homunculus in the first try, and got a card in its first hit? If that's not Lucky Strike then I don't know what it is!

It should take around 891 "effective" feedings (starts at Awkward-20 or Hate-10 post evolution, until Loyal-911). Effective feeds have to be done when hunger is between 11 and 24, otherwise you may lose some few intimacy rate instead or gain less than it should.

Remember the hunger gauge decreases by 1 point every 10 minutes, feeding it once fills 10, so there're 6 effective feedings per hour, so we got...

Around 150 hours (estimated value) of sleepless feedings until Loyal. Wowsers, no?

Also, once it becomes homunculus S, it inherits the last name and it becomes changeable (last chance).

Edited by NeoNilox, 25 August 2012 - 01:18 PM.

#14 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:17 PM

Thats a wee bit obscene, silly korean devolopers. Ahh well, better get started I guess.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:39 PM

Does no one use Elenor the cute catgirl one? Well guess i'll trash my filir and go get some embyro's and hope I get the one I want. Hmm doesn't seem like anyone is selling any on valk according to ragial, unless I am search for the wrong thing, I just put in Embyro.

Eleanor doesn't AFK well at all. No AoE, and it's SP pool is miserable. If played with owner throwing it lots of blue pots, and spamming sonic claw, it can level quite quickly, though, starting at lvl 100, and walking around on an appropriate map, it can level quite well. Ama2 is good (because the monsters still have the buffed exp)

#16 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

Is it normal for a lv 16 vanilmirth to have only 27 attack? and 69 magic attack?

#17 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:16 PM

Sounds reasonable? Vani's start out really weak, but end stronger than the other homuns.

AFK it for a day or so in ant eggs and it should be performing pretty well by the end of that time.

#18 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:42 PM

AHh ok, its getting better now at lv 20 or so.

#19 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 04:51 PM

I've been curious about homuns' stats too. I used different online calculators for homuns, but I don't think any of them is correct, or because they vary so much that I don't know which would be correct.

My vali:
Level 73 / HP: 6836 / SP: 255 / Atk: 98 / Matk: 286 / Hit: 310 / Critical: 29 / Def: 281 / Mdef: 205 / Flee: 164 / Aspd: 161

And I think I read somewhere that homuns' stats partially depend on the owner's stats
My alchy stats:
Level 92 / HP: 4522 / SP: 473 / Str: 1 + 8 / Agi: 1 + 3 / Vit: 1 + 3 / Int: 13 + 7 / Dex: 81 + 9 / Luk: 90
with about 120 stats points left

I'm just wondering if I should delete my Vali and raise another one, or maybe even get a completely different homun.
I've watched Youtube with other players' homuns, and mine isn't anywhere close to their super homuns.

It's nice to be back playing the game with eerily soothing background music.

#20 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:02 PM

I've been curious about homuns' stats too. I used different online calculators for homuns, but I don't think any of them is correct, or because they vary so much that I don't know which would be correct.

My vali:
Level 73 / HP: 6836 / SP: 255 / Atk: 98 / Matk: 286 / Hit: 310 / Critical: 29 / Def: 281 / Mdef: 205 / Flee: 164 / Aspd: 161

And I think I read somewhere that homuns' stats partially depend on the owner's stats
My alchy stats:
Level 92 / HP: 4522 / SP: 473 / Str: 1 + 8 / Agi: 1 + 3 / Vit: 1 + 3 / Int: 13 + 7 / Dex: 81 + 9 / Luk: 90
with about 120 stats points left

I'm just wondering if I should delete my Vali and raise another one, or maybe even get a completely different homun.
I've watched Youtube with other players' homuns, and mine isn't anywhere close to their super homuns.

It's nice to be back playing the game with eerily soothing background music.

Looks fine, homun stats aren't a big deal really, especially for vani, vanis pretty much always turn out well. They often hit the stat cap in some stats before change to homun S. As long as that homun isn't evolved (ie, the bug instead of slug, or flopping-jelly-fish instead of jello), that's fine. If it's evolved, it was evolved pre-renewal, and you're short ~300 sp and ~2000 hp, and you should remake it as another vani.

Owner stats do not effect homun stats, never have.

Youtube vids showing really high damage with vani's bolts are from pre-renewal, when the damage was much higher due to differences in matk formula between pre-renewal and renewal.

#21 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:07 PM

Ah, it's DrAzzy, I still remember reading your swordman/knight guide when I first started playing.

I actually had a Lif before, but, again, I read somewhere that Lif is for healing, and since I'm a pure brewer with very low attacking ability, so I thought I'd need an attacking type of homun, and then I deleted the Lif and randomly made a Vali. Should I go back to Lif? Because I read somewhere that Lif actually has better attacking power than all other homuns after it evolves.

Maybe I read too much, I gotta stop googling........
Those homuns on Youtube are really awesome.

:p_swt:

#22 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

Ah, it's DrAzzy, I still remember reading your swordman/knight guide when I first started playing.

I actually had a Lif before, but, again, I read somewhere that Lif is for healing, and since I'm a pure brewer with very low attacking ability, so I thought I'd need an attacking type of homun, and then I deleted the Lif and randomly made a Vali. Should I go back to Lif? Because I read somewhere that Lif actually has better attacking power than all other homuns after it evolves.

Maybe I read too much, I gotta stop googling........
Those homuns on Youtube are really awesome.

:p_swt:

You're reading pre-renewal resources.
Mental charge sucks in renewal.
Now lif is much worse on attacking, because it has no offensive skills, and no powerful buff skills (since mental charge sucks)

Vani is what you want if you need a homun that can level on it's own, they perform well because they have an instant cast ranged attack skill. They are also a great base type for all kinds of homun S.

#23 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:10 PM

Is the Matk capped at 300? Because my vali leveled up, and its Matk raised to 305, but when I changed map, its Mtak dropped back to 298. The same thing happened again after it leveled again and I changed map again.

:sob:

#24 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:35 AM

Is the Matk capped at 300? Because my vali leveled up, and its Matk raised to 305, but when I changed map, its Mtak dropped back to 298. The same thing happened again after it leveled again and I changed map again.

:sob:

No, cap is much higher (it's implied by the 150 stat cap and matk formula).

The lowering matk is because the old bug with Instruction Change now effects both str and int, not just str. :-/

#25 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 12:55 AM

So the bug will cause Vali's Matk to fluctuate? Somehow for me, when my vali's Matk reaches 300+, it drops back down to 290+.... I'll try and level my vali again to see if that's the case.......

:p_sick:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users