13 replies to this topic

#1 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 August 2012 - 01:50 AM

Okay.. so first, I would like to comment about the Wrapping Paper..

Most of the new comers in this game and according to the feedback I received from people who are new to Maestia ..
(having found that dungeon gears, i.e blue, purple, orange are non-tradeable without the use of the Cash item called "Wrapping Paper")
They have found that.. the combination of the item seal and the wrapping paper's individuality is a "turn-off" mainly because of two points.

#1: The Wrapping Paper isn't tradeable
#2: THERE IS NO WAY TO OBTAIN A WRAPPING PAPER OTHER THAN THE ITEM MALL

to that point .. I totally agree with them..
it is actually pointless to hunt all the gears then actually "buy" something just to trade them.
To back something more about this point, not anyone is capable to buy item mall points as well.. specifically those of asia due to currency issue and financial status.
( Player statistics are: America, Mexico, (Asia) Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Australia )

My Suggestion for a solution for this one is that either:

~ We should have a Daily Quest (Per Account) or a "Daily Gift" (Gives a Wrapping Paper gift per x amount of hour staying ingame)*(Works like ROSE Online's System)
that grants Wrapping Papers.. the Wrapping Papers still remain soulbound to avoid farming and to utilise player population to atleast entice them to log-in everyday.

or

~ Enable the Wrapping Paper to be traded, mailed, auctioned or whatever.

Second...

There is seem a point of useless-ness in having a "1 Day" Scroll such as XP, Gold, Autoloot ..
for an instance.. a normal human being is only able to play about 8 - 15 hours tops.. 15 hours is even severe and considered hardcore.

I do not condemn to have the 1 day scroll.. but I would like to suggest to have a "12 hour version" .. or heck even introduce a "1 hour" and or "3 hours" version of the scrolls.
This would make the scrolls even more "viable and makes sense" and even more "intangibly" affordable.
I myself buy scrolls, and I think having a "1 day" scroll is a waste because I only play for 12 hours.. not even 12 hours because I afk in between for meals and housework.. foruming as well.

Hope you'll reconsider, and awaiting for your response.

PS: To players who may have another idea.. or something to introduce/suggest to the Item Mall.. kindly post here as well.

Edited by Chigikogou, 25 August 2012 - 12:54 PM.

#2 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Still waiting for a response..

#3 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:09 PM

^ THIS IS A PROBLEM ~ Take a look .__.

#4 Gobnar

Gobnar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:25 PM

The only thing i would add is they Should keep the 1 day scrolls but set it so the timer goes off when your not online that way you can log off and pick back up where you left off ^^

#5 TheVissena

TheVissena

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Delphia

Posted 08 September 2012 - 02:37 PM

You can get wrapping paper from the lottery spin, no? It costs a lot, but still...

#6 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 06:33 PM

Yeah there is lottery, but I would not guarantee it would be here forever.
Also would not recommend its effectivity.
Out of the 2m gold I spent, I have only obtained 1 set of wraps.

All that necessities such as insurance.. reset scrolls.. wraps should be atleast tradeable.

and...

The requirement of wrapping items IS argueable.
The items are sealed are too difficult to hunt.. requiring a nornal player to PAY to get geared up is a neckbreaker for any other games out there.

Frankly put.. the reason that this game decreased its population is due to the "need to pay" scheme..
A good analysis for this is that this is the WORST kind of game that is free to play due to the fact that you cannot progress thorough without paying up often thab P2Ps

#7 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:29 AM

/sign

There should either be wrapping paper dailies or make it so that you can change what dungeon boss drops what (four bosses per dungeon and one boss randomly drops CL gear, the other boss drops WR gear, etc.) so then you don't end up throwing away a bunch of gear you and your friends don't need and won't buy wrapping paper to sell. As for timed items (such as +XP or +Gold) make it so that the timer decreases for the time you stay logged in so that you can fully utilize what you paid for.

#8 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 01:15 AM

Also I have noticed that you CANNOT upgrade your item miraculously to +10 without spending ALOT of insurances as well.. if this was intended.. then this game is really flawed.
It limits the player who does not have access with insurances.

Upgrades done normally should have increased chances of upgrades, and insurances should retain (the current) upgrading chances.

It gives free players more options.

#9 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:20 AM

Also I have noticed that you CANNOT upgrade your item miraculously to +10 without spending ALOT of insurances as well.. if this was intended.. then this game is really flawed.
It limits the player who does not have access with insurances.

Upgrades done normally should have increased chances of upgrades, and insurances should retain (the current) upgrading chances.

It gives free players more options.

It was intended so you either spend alot of cash during non-sale times or wait for sale times and watch almost everyone on the server buy. It was a tactic done (ALOT) in PWI where dragon orbs (the refine insurances) guaranteed 100% refine rate for that level only, but you'd have to buy a different (and more expensive) refine orb for every level. It became so ridiculous that level 8-12 (12 was cap) refine on ONE piece of gear cost nearly 2-300$. Refining NORMALLY was nearly IMPOSSIBLE past level 3-4, BUT gear didn't have a chance to break or lose durability if you failed, so I guess it was alright.

I agree with the increasing of refine rates so that you could refine to about level 5-6 without much problems as a free player, but the cash flows in when theres some type of incentive being offered. The players flow out when the incentive is too big :P. Cash runs anything so therefore it should be given the priority and because EVERYONE playing = potential cash, their opinions should be given priority over the plan, with some compromise of course.

#10 Skylicious

Skylicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

Well... I have always hated the refining concept but that is where the $$ comes in.

You do not need to have skill to play MMORPG nowadays. U need to just have $$.

Gone are the days where skill > gears.

In this game, give a noob +10 set & weapon... There is NO WAY any skilled players with no $ thrown in, to be able to kill off that noob.

#11 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:14 PM

There was an excellent suggestion to make insurance scrolls a daily quest (3-4 per day) and there are people who reached +10 with 50 scrolls. It is extremely luck based, with some taking over 100 but I have never ever heard of anyone taking more than 160, and 46 is the lowest I've heard. The average will likely reside somewhere in the middle of 50-150. Make them a daily quest that way free players have a chance but obviously it will be slower than paying, as it should be imo.

Of course I do agree with sky. Each enchant gives you +10% of the base damage, so it adds up very quickly and at lvl 10 it not only doubles your base damage (1006 for bow, eff ya) but gives you +1 level to every SKILL. Which is another huge boost in damage. This imo could be nerfed. 5% rather than 10% would close the gap at least to some extent and instead of +1 to every skill give a % boost to damage. However, it's already too late for that, there would be epic backlash XD

#12 WorldBosh

WorldBosh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:46 AM

Well... I have always hated the refining concept but that is where the $$ comes in.

You do not need to have skill to play MMORPG nowadays. U need to just have $$.

Gone are the days where skill > gears.

In this game, give a noob +10 set & weapon... There is NO WAY any skilled players with no $ thrown in, to be able to kill off that noob.

So true, but at least dying to one of these people shouldn't really bother you....unless theres a zillion of them running around xD. For fun, mostly skill based games, I goto shooters. For fun games, I goto mmorpgs :P. Says alot about the current state of things, eh :P?

There was an excellent suggestion to make insurance scrolls a daily quest (3-4 per day) and there are people who reached +10 with 50 scrolls. It is extremely luck based, with some taking over 100 but I have never ever heard of anyone taking more than 160, and 46 is the lowest I've heard. The average will likely reside somewhere in the middle of 50-150. Make them a daily quest that way free players have a chance but obviously it will be slower than paying, as it should be imo.

Of course I do agree with sky. Each enchant gives you +10% of the base damage, so it adds up very quickly and at lvl 10 it not only doubles your base damage (1006 for bow, eff ya) but gives you +1 level to every SKILL. Which is another huge boost in damage. This imo could be nerfed. 5% rather than 10% would close the gap at least to some extent and instead of +1 to every skill give a % boost to damage. However, it's already too late for that, there would be epic backlash XD

Backlash? Screw that crap, anything for the sake of balance. They can keep things the way it is now if they want, but when they raise caps and introduce new gear sets, they HAVE to reduce refine bonuses, increase rates to a reasonable rate so that even paying players don't feel like they're being milked, and make the orange dropping bosses at least 10-20% easier than what they are now lol.

Edited by WorldBosh, 12 September 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#13 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 03:29 AM

Personally I'd rather they set the initial rate too low, than too high. When it's too low the rate can be adjusted when it's too high the damage is done. I think with the upcoming patch (any day now damn) they have enough data to set a more reasonable rate. I completely agree with reducing the refine bonuses right now. As far as I know I am the only player currently with a +10 bow and the fact that I even think it's too much should say a lot to the staff of maestia. When you have a player using the item itself who thinks it's OP and wants it to change to something more reasonable....well I would hope it says something at least.

I agree on making bosses drop loot reasonably as well. I spent a long time farming my set, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody, SG or TK. It's just ridiculous right now, with the drop rate and the odds of getting an item for you class, you will spend countless hours running in circles killing the same bosses, over and over and over and over and over and over and over (I could keep going). All of these things have been suggested by numerous players now, both SG and TK, so I really hope at some point someone listens.

#14 Skylicious

Skylicious

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:57 PM

WHERE ARE THE GMs?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users