[Classic] ***Which Katar(s) is best for leveling?*** - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] ***Which Katar(s) is best for leveling?***

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:45 AM

I'm planning to make a critical build for leveling. For my weapon, should I go with a Jur [3] with SS cards, elemental Katars, or something else?

Edited by BlueGreenRed, 26 August 2012 - 07:45 AM.

#2 FreecsCorp

FreecsCorp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Server:Classic Baby

Posted 26 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Elemental katars are so cool specially if its overups like +7, but the piercing wind is so expensive, so i just created a triple saharic jur +9, +7 raging +7 icicle, if your planning on SS cards, maybe you should just get 2pcs rental crit rings :D +10% crit each. then use elemental...

#3 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

Elemental katars are so cool specially if its overups like +7, but the piercing wind is so expensive, so i just created a triple saharic jur +9, +7 raging +7 icicle, if your planning on SS cards, maybe you should just get 2pcs rental crit rings :D +10% crit each. then use elemental...

Thanks. :)

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:43 AM

3s Jurs with +% damage cards in it, and an appropriate endow from the sage on your second account (Don't have a second account with a sage on it? Make one; playing a melee without an endower on classic mechanics is not a winning proposition)

You do much better in terms of DPS with +20% damage cards in your weapon than with SS cards.

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 August 2012 - 06:44 AM.

#5 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:53 AM

3s Jurs with +% damage cards in it, and an appropriate endow from the sage on your second account (Don't have a second account with a sage on it? Make one; playing a melee without an endower on classic mechanics is not a winning proposition)

Would I do a LOT more damage doing this rather than focusing on critical hits? Or are you saying I should do this AND focus on criticals at the same time?

How would I be able to keep my Assassin endowed with a Sage?

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:03 AM

Would I do a LOT more damage doing this rather than focusing on critical hits? Or are you saying I should do this AND focus on criticals at the same time?

How would I be able to keep my Assassin endowed with a Sage?

Non-crit katar (chick hat + damage katars) generally outperforms a crit katar sin in general leveling.

But either way (crit, or non-crit katar), you should be using damage cards, not SS cards, and you should have enough dex that you hit stuff when you don't crit.

The elemental endow skills last 30 minutes. So you just make a sage and level it to job 21 (maxed endows, or even job 16, since earth endow is hardly ever needed). Start up two clients, Walk sin to leveling map, clear the door. Walk sage to leveling map. Set up party, use awake pot on sin (you use the awake first, so you have a bit of warning when endow is about to end), endow sin with sage, and log out on sage. Kill for 30 minutes, then return to door to get next endow from sage.

The damage increase from endows in classic is kinda crazy - Most of the time it's a 1.75-2x damage multiplier.

#7 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:08 AM

The elemental endow skills last 30 minutes. So you just make a sage and level it to job 21 (maxed endows, or even job 16, since earth endow is hardly ever needed). Start up two clients, Walk sin to leveling map, clear the door. Walk sage to leveling map. Set up party, use awake pot on sin (you use the awake first, so you have a bit of warning when endow is about to end), endow sin with sage, and log out on sage. Kill for 30 minutes, then return to door to get next endow from sage.

Oh, you mean dual-clienting? How do I set that up? And I only have like 256mbs ram, and a really old CPU. Can my computer handle it?

#8 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:00 AM

^Never mind. I figured it out.

I think I'm gonna give this a try. Thanks. :)

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

It'll be painful on a computer that old, you'll likely need to exit the client with the sage on it rather than leaving it at char select.

Also... 256mb of ram? That's a museum piece, I'm amazed there are still PC's of that era running, especially since it's likely from the days of the capacitor plague (we bought a bunch of systems around that time, and they've all long since died).

Edited by DrAzzy, 27 August 2012 - 11:32 AM.

#10 BlueGreenRed

BlueGreenRed

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:37 AM

It'll be painful on a computer that old, you'll likely need to exit the client with the sage on it rather than leaving it at char select.

Yeah, it's really laggy for me when I dual-client. It's doable, though.

Also... 256mb of ram? That's a museum piece

You ain't gotta tell me. :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users