• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kadavur

Kadavur

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 04:52 AM

Requiem is a great PvP focused game with a lot of potential to become one of the best free to play MMOs around. It's very rare to find games geared toward an adult audience and even more rare to find this sort of post-apocalyptic, magic and metal feel, that they've portrayed so well. However, I think that you will have a hard time getting players who speak English as their primary language due to the loose translations of much of the game text. I saw the same thing happen with Lineage 2's launch and while they did recover and become one of the most popular MMOs it did damage them in the beginning. The first stages of the game are most important. The downloading and installing of the client, character creation, and the first 10-20 levels of play. If you can't get people past character creation and the first 10-20 levels they won't give the game enough of a chance to see how great it can be. Of course if they can't get it downloaded and installed in a reasonable time they may never make it to character creation at all. I almost fell victim to this myself. It took near to five hours to download the client on high speed broadband and the first download was corrupted (not using DL managers) the patching process is fast enough though. The first thing I noticed after that was the character race descriptions. They are near impossible to understand without deciphering the text and guessing at what they meant to say. I wonder how many have uninstalled the game at that point. The last thing is the confusing quest text. I understand that this game is focused on PvP but people still need to level up in order to participate. Often times a creature or location is called one thing in the quest text only to find that the actual creature or location is something entirely different. The "Dryland Clan" mobs are refereed to as the "Desert Family" in one quests for example. All these things add up to a pretty poor starting experience for new players which will leave the game hurting for fresh blood. I do not want to talk all this smack without trying to do something constructive so below I am posting the current character race descriptions and a correction for what I think they are trying to say. I hope it helps!

Posted Image

The Turan are the dominant race on Ethergia. They find their strength in their tenacity and relentless effort to improve their race through social unity. They excel with a balanced and harmonized combat style not focusing on raw power or magic alone. They may become a Defender or a Templar as their first job. Defenders are a tank style class that focus on shield techniques. Templars are a support or off-tank style class that is skilled with electric shock damage and healing capabilities.

Posted Image

The Bartuk wield enormous power through physical strength. Bartuk have a naturally low level of Spirit and prefer to take the fight directly to the enemy. They are skilled at focused attacks and unified battlefield tactics. They may become a Warrior or a Shaman as their first job. Bartuk warriors are a melee damage class focused on using two-handed weapons and pure physical prowess. Shaman are a support/damage class that wields flame-based magic, minor healing and buffing abilities, and physical might against their enemies.

Posted Image

The Kurzena were engineered by an ancient race known as the Nach. They are known for being anti-social loners and rogues. The Kurzena are skilled with both magical abilities and a verity of combat styles. They may become either a Rogue or a Spirit Hunter as their first job. A Rogue is a melee damage class that is skilled with dual-weapon fighting and ranged combat. The Spirit Hunter is a ranged damage class that uses critical curse magic to dispatch their foes.

Posted Image

The Xenoa have ruled over Ethergia since the demise of the ancient races. Though they are physically weak they have a very strong natural spirit ability and wield great knowledge making them excellent in magic and long-ranged combat. They may become a Battle Magician or a Hunter as their first job. A Battle Magician is a ranged damage/support class that uses magic for strong burst damage or healing. The Hunter is a ranged damage class that uses long-ranged launcher-style weapons in combat.

P.S. Yes I know how ironic is it that I spelled descriptions wrong in the subject... it's early :)

Edited by Kadavur, 23 July 2010 - 10:31 AM.

#2 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:06 AM

i like that one Kruzena B) is that a new race ? :):ph34r::ph34r:

#3 Eurodance

Eurodance

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts
  • LocationVenezuela

Posted 25 August 2010 - 08:22 AM

yes is ironic is it that I spelled descriptions wrong in the subject http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/comp26.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users