EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:34 AM

Pre-Re God items are top tier. And with WoE coming, I wanted to suggest something. To allow for god item growth.

Instead of getting a +40 str accessory, you can make God Items 1/2 of their stats.

So, for example, a Meg has +20 str. This is still powerful. Now, the growth part would be that if you had 2 +20 str megs, you can take it to an npc that can combine the two to make one +40 str meg. You can name the first like "Cracked" as prefix.

This would give the server a longer life towards end game content. And guilds would have to choose how to distribute god items. Evenly with smaller buffs, or on a few select people with stronger stats.

This is just a passing thought, how do you think God items should be handled?

Account bound? Lower rates of God item drops? Increased difficulty in quest to make? Or is it fine as is? I'd like to hear the server's thoughts on it.

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 30 August 2012 - 06:01 AM

I like your idea :D

But I recall reading something about the God Items getting a time limit on the Classic server.
Just like rental gear, they will expire someday :S

#3 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:04 AM

Would this idea be only for the Meg, or are you proposing this for other God Items too? Because Sleip already sucks, making it worse than Variant Shoes would be loltastic. =P

#4 EndovDaze

EndovDaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationSoCal
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 30 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

Can you find that source Morlord? I like the idea of timed God items also. Makes current WoE relevent again as opposed to farm it when you can and play whenever you want since you already have it.

And Ralis, this idea came because of the meg. I figured it could be applied evenly to all god items that needed a small nerf. But that would be looked at from item to item. Smaller nerfs can be made and still give complete stats when combining 2 together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users