I looove this game. I consider it to be a potential rival for WoW in a year or so... if what needs to be done is done.
Through my gaming experience, I've taken many notes : what I considered annoying, a bug, or simply something that HAD to be changed. Here is a list of these points.
- The camera should save the distance being selected by the player. In some case, if you are too close to a wall, the camera might close in so you can still see (which is normal). But then, if you get away from that wall, the camera stays closed in, instead of going back to where I set the camera earlier.
- When talking to a merchant, the "Previous" option is not always there. Exemple : I wanna repair my equipement, and then sell some stuff. I have to talk, repair, and then it quits the conversation, and I have to talk again. It should either go automatically to the menu, or give the previous or quit option.
- The global cooldown when using an ability should be shown. Mostly for ranged when kiting, it's kind of important to know when you can stop moving to cast another spell.
- When you get on your mount, the little animation (that can be skipped if you start walking on the right time) is a bit annnoying. If I try to get on my mount to avoid a mob that will engage me and I fail my timing, I'll just get in the fight instead of getting away. The animation should be removed, letting us walking away right as the casting is done.
- The auto-attack is a bit crappy. There's always a double-click needed, with some time between the clicks... I rarely get it right on my mage. When a mob is close by with only an inch of HP left, I wanna melee him instead of using more mana, but I don't make it right more than half the time. A single click should be enough to start auto-attacking when in combat.
- The UI adjustments you made should be remembered when you log-in. It's kind of a pain to have to move your Active Maestone bar every time you log in... because, seriously, on the mana bar? What the hell is that doing there?
- More details on the video settings. Most tooltip in the settings are not clear enough. The best example is : "Damage self" and "Damage ally" options. Simply writing "Damage BY self" or "Damage TO self" would be WAY more clearer. Additionally, you should being able to separate the damage you do to monsters, and the damage your allies do to monster (which is not possible for the moment).
- Similar to what I just said, most tooltips in the game are not descriptive enough. We want stats. When I look at my wisdom stats and it says : increase mana regen. How much does it increase? How much do I have already? Is it in fight or out of fight only? There are a lot of things in this game that lacks description, or simply have no tooltips at all.
- The limit of character in the same faction per account is annoying. It's theorically to make the game more "balanced". But what if my friends are all SG? I have a mage and a warrior, I would try to make a Cleric to help my friends and oh... I can't. It's a bit useless and annoying in my opinion. You should increase the number of characters (6,8 or 10), allowing for major possibilities. There are 8 different characters, and 2 factions. It's a bit annoying to only have a possibility of 4 characters, 2 on each faction.
- The mini-map should show the symbol of merchants instead of a yellow square for most every merchant. Action house, storeroom, mercenaries, etc. Putting a symbol instead of a Yellow Square would make it much more easier.
- The mana potions are not scaling enough. By paying 30 times the price, a lvl 4 potion will only give twice the amount of mana a novice potion would give. It's a bit ridiculous.
- Communication in RvR is a bit hard. You can talk normal (making the enemies see it), make a party (and then NOT having everyone in your party), or talk in faction (annoying the other peoples not in your RvR, and even confusing because some other in RvR might think you are talking to them). Creating a RvR chat would be an awesome idea.
- Communication in dungeons a bit rough too. It's hard to explain a plan to your friends. Targeting visible to teammates should be created, allowing a better communication (similarily to WoW).
- The H button shows a useful guide... but it's out of date. Maybe updating the guide would be a geat idea!
- There are too much requirements when doing your skill tree. You have up to a 100 differents skills in your skill tree... but everytime you want to unlock a spell, you have to put an important number of points in specific skills... it kinda diminishes the personification of your skill tree. Having only the ability before as a requirement would be way enough. The best exemple about this is in the fire mage skill tree. There is a spell lvl 50 and another lvl 56. The requirements for the lvl 56 spell is 1 point for the lvl 50 spells, and 3 points in each of the 2 specialisations... which makes the lvl 56 spell impossible to learn at lvl 56. That is pretty annoying. And then, because you can only learn it at level 57, you can't have your 3 points in that last specialisation... The only way is to NOT put a point prior to lvl 50, so you have a bonus point to place in your skill tree when reaching lvl 50... THAT is annoying.
- Mana regeneration and mana pool are way insufficient. A mage uses as much mana as any other class. It might have a bit more mana... but on long fights, if you get out of mana, mages and clerics can't do a , while rangers and warriors keep doing acceptable damage through auto-attacks. A game relying too much on mana potions is a bad game in my opinion. Having a more interesting Wisdom stat is the most important thing to repair that. It should give way more mana, and a bit of IN-FIGHT mana regen. THEN it would be interesting for mages and dark clerics. You could have a nice synergy between intelligence and wisdom. You could go pure damage through a 5 intel points level up, or go for a durability build with a 4-1 or 3-2 level up. And light clerics would be more efficient, allowing them to maybe put some points in vitality or intelligence, without making them complete inefficient healers.
- Mages have 1 weapon possibility : staffs. Using a wand is retarded, a dagger is just useless. But if there was an off-hand item possibility for mages, it could make the wand a nice choice for them. With some magic damage and a bit of stats, a wand+off-hand would be a great combo for mages.
The difference between green and blue gear should be more important. Making blue gear a bit more stronger (and up to scale for purple and orange), you could create something more interesting. Blue should then never drop from random mobs, dropping only from bosses in normal dungeons. Purple would then only drop from last boss of normal, and 75% from all bosses on expert, the other 25% would be blue. And then orange gear should be WAY more rare. It's a bit too common. It's legendary! MAKE IT LEGENDARY FOR REAL! Fixed sets is a must. Getting a purple in a dungeon run, to have stats you don't care about is way too much frustrating. The set pieces should be fixed, avoiding this frustration. Then, having rarer drops would make it worthwhile to farm a dungeon and less frustrating.
- More diversity in the skill tree could be great. The game is not fully released yet, I know. But still, having only up to 12 spells is a bit... boring. I would love to have 20-25 skills, and my skill tree being a REAL unique personification of my way of playing. Now, there are 2 possibilities for each class, and there are so much requirements, there is but little personification to the skill tree.
- I haven't got to top levels yet. But bosses needs more mechanics. Most of them are : tank the damage and deal as much as you can. It's just hard mobs. But no mechanics at all. No avoidable abilities, no stuns, no tricks, etc. Phases during boss would be awesome too. A bit like WoW again. But man, World of Warcraft is still the King of PvE. Without copying it exactly, getting some inspiration of it's system could be a great idea.
That is pretty much it. Now don't take me wrong, I love this game. If I didn't, I wouldn't have taken the time to write all this. There some aspects some people might not want change (such as the wisdom stats, or the mana potion). It is my opinion and I would like to see it thought through.
Hopes everyone read this,
Edited by TheVissena, 07 September 2012 - 04:49 AM.