Floating mouse - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Floating mouse

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Recently reinstalled RO on an older comp (windows XP) and not playing in full screen mode. Under these conditions, my mouse cursor is not bound within the game window and "floats" outside causing me some frustration. Is there a way to set this back to only allow the cursor to stay within the game window?

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:34 PM

Try this:

Rerun the setup.exe found in your Ragnarok directory. On the System settings tab, check (or uncheck?) the "Mouse Exclusive" option.

#3 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:37 PM

That was my 1st guess but tried that with no results.

#4 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 04:44 PM

It works for me, and I'm also running windowed mode on XP. Make sure you close all clients before running setup, otherwise it looks like the client overwrites your changes.

#5 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:58 PM

I had to open savedata\OptionInfo.lua in a text editing application, delete all of the duplicate sets of lines, change the line "OptionInfoList["MouseExclusive"] = 0" to "OptionInfoList["MouseExclusive"] = 1", then save my changes.

It seems that a client that can successfully save and load its configuration is too much to ask for.

#6 Bumber

Bumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya

Posted 13 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

I had to open savedata\OptionInfo.lua in a text editing application, delete all of the duplicate sets of lines, change the line "OptionInfoList["MouseExclusive"] = 0" to "OptionInfoList["MouseExclusive"] = 1", then save my changes.

It seems that a client that can successfully save and load its configuration is too much to ask for.

Even that doesn't work for me. I recently reinstalled hoping (foolishly) that it might fix the OptionInfo.lua bloating issue. Now I can't get MouseExclusive to work at all (manually changing used to fix it before reinstalling.)

Edited by Bumber, 13 September 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#7 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:12 AM

Even that doesn't work for me. I recently reinstalled hoping (foolishly) that it might fix the OptionInfo.lua bloating issue. Now I can't get MouseExclusive to work at all (manually changing used to fix it before reinstalling.)

Do you have a file named dinput.dll in your client folder? If so, then try renaming it and then see whether the problem persists.

#8 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:04 AM

Now I can't get MouseExclusive to work at all (manually changing used to fix it before reinstalling.)

If (and only if) you are on Windows Vista, Win7, or (God help you) Win 8, try moving the RO folder outside of program files. That seems to solve some of the config file issues on platforms with UAC (this will not fix anything if you're on XP, so it's not going to help the OP)

#9 Bumber

Bumber

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPort Malaya

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:58 PM

Do you have a file named dinput.dll in your client folder? If so, then try renaming it and then see whether the problem persists.

That fixed it, thanks! (Not sure what was up with that. I didn't install mouse freedom or anything.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users