How Genes and Mechs are faring in WoE and MVP atm? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

How Genes and Mechs are faring in WoE and MVP atm?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dre4Me

dre4Me

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 05:30 PM

I stayed out for a longe time since trans classes, came back for a few months after renewal, quit again and now I'm returning since there's a new server coming out in bRO. I never played Merchant classes so I may try them this time.

MVP

Genetics are still top tier alongside Sura, is that right? How well Mechanics are doing? I suppose DPS Mechanics (HSCR?) do well enough with no competition?

WoE

I presume DPS Mechanics are almost worthless here, since they can be easily debuffed? I see a lot of people playing Mado in WoE, I suppose they are good support atm. Are Genetics still killers, or are they playing more of a support role after renewal & rebalance?

If I was looking for excellence in both WoE and MVP, with only one build, should I be looking forward to Genetics, or Mechs are also plausible?

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 September 2012 - 06:13 PM

Genetics, no contest. They are the best MvPers due to acid bomb being so powerful and spammable. They are still good in WoE with Howling and Crazy Vines.

As for WoE, a Suicidal Destruction Mech is always a threat but useless outside of that.

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 13 September 2012 - 09:46 AM

Genetic is an excellent class, particularly if you get it without the balance patch (which fixes an issue where Mandragora Howl always succeeded, which is grossly op).

Mechanic is lackluster in most aspects of gameplay. Their only saving grace in WoE is Suicidal Destruction, which will 1-shot most people. Pre-balance patch, it's really insane, because you can use it as fast as you can warp back to pront and buy new mado suit (the iRO GMs put a cooldown on the mado NPC, because it was getting really degenerate). If you have the balance patch, it's got a 5 min delay on it, but casts faster, and still 1-shots almost everyone in range.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users