Multi Client Problems - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Multi Client Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ogaarao

ogaarao

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

ok so before today ive had no problem with multiple clients running but today starting up the 2nd one it lags extremely bad but yesterday it was working perfectly, i havnt made any changes to my hardware or installed anything new only thing i can think of was yesterday their was the classic maintenance and the patcher downloaded something, wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 September 2012 - 10:41 PM

ok so before today ive had no problem with multiple clients running but today starting up the 2nd one it lags extremely bad but yesterday it was working perfectly, i havnt made any changes to my hardware or installed anything new only thing i can think of was yesterday their was the classic maintenance and the patcher downloaded something, wondering if anyone else is having this problem?

Is there some other application fighting with RO for CPU time, which wasn't running before? (especially if you're on a dual core machine, so just one other cpu-hog would be enough to cause problems) - check task manager. If you're on a laptop, is it overheating? (Laptops will run very slowly if they overheat, because the processor speed gets scaled back to reduce the amount of heat it generates. Desktops usually just shut down)

I've also noticed when I have lots of RO clients open, some of them will get laggy (machine lag) - what's weird is the lag goes away after the client has been running for a while. I don't understand this behavior, but it is reproducible on my desktop.

Edited by DrAzzy, 14 September 2012 - 10:43 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users