Is Sacrament really needed? it seems crappy. Also Some AB Qs. - Acolyte Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Is Sacrament really needed? it seems crappy. Also Some AB Qs.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 September 2012 - 12:28 AM

I need to ask is sacrament really needed? Unless Irowiki is wrong all it does is lower the fixed cast time, which usually is so low that level 5 sacrament really won't be noticable at all. I am debating on wasting all those points for a mostly worthless skill like sacrament, or using them to get Adoramus, something my AB would actually make use of. Its just the benefits of Sacrament seem so tiny that it'd really not make any diff. Now if it was cutting variable cast time by half at lv 5 that'd be a diffrent story, it might even make casters playable for me.

Now ME.. is there anyway I can get some cast time reduction? because the spell takes so long to cast with 95 int and 80 dex that I end up almost dying before it finally casts. Due to heal also deciding to glitch out and refuse to cast when I try to use it. Using orleans body so its not interuptable, would be even worse with a phen clip. Also where could I Ivl with ME/Judex as a 100 AB? I tried Niff but the exp there is kinda lackluster. I am 99 right now so no judgement set yet, but I am almost 100.

High Heal, Is higher than level 1 really needed? Looking at the heal amountsa to sp cost and cooldowns it seems casting 2 level ones is much more efficent in terms of amount of healing and sp costs (costs 50 less sp to cast 2 level 1's compared to 1 lv 5, also heals a total of 4x heal value, compared to lv 5's 3.2)

How good is Judex eactly? I am debating on getting it first with my first 5 job skill points just so that I have something I can kill non-undead/demon's with. Would this be a smart move? Planning on getting the Judgement set which boosts Judex damage if I remember right by 50% on the end of the calculation.

Thanks all.

Edited by Siveria, 16 September 2012 - 12:33 AM.

#2 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:48 PM

I need to ask is sacrament really needed? Unless Irowiki is wrong all it does is lower the fixed cast time, which usually is so low that level 5 sacrament really won't be noticable at all. I am debating on wasting all those points for a mostly worthless skill like sacrament, or using them to get Adoramus, something my AB would actually make use of. Its just the benefits of Sacrament seem so tiny that it'd really not make any diff. Now if it was cutting variable cast time by half at lv 5 that'd be a diffrent story, it might even make casters playable for me.

Now ME.. is there anyway I can get some cast time reduction? because the spell takes so long to cast with 95 int and 80 dex that I end up almost dying before it finally casts. Due to heal also deciding to glitch out and refuse to cast when I try to use it. Using orleans body so its not interuptable, would be even worse with a phen clip. Also where could I Ivl with ME/Judex as a 100 AB? I tried Niff but the exp there is kinda lackluster. I am 99 right now so no judgement set yet, but I am almost 100.

High Heal, Is higher than level 1 really needed? Looking at the heal amountsa to sp cost and cooldowns it seems casting 2 level ones is much more efficent in terms of amount of healing and sp costs (costs 50 less sp to cast 2 level 1's compared to 1 lv 5, also heals a total of 4x heal value, compared to lv 5's 3.2)

How good is Judex eactly? I am debating on getting it first with my first 5 job skill points just so that I have something I can kill non-undead/demon's with. Would this be a smart move? Planning on getting the Judgement set which boosts Judex damage if I remember right by 50% on the end of the calculation.

Thanks all.

Uh, okay. So sacrament isn't something you need to use before you cast each skill, the way suffragium is. It lasts for a fixed period of time for all the skills you use until it wears off, which instantly makes it more useful than suff, IMO. When you reach 150 and you're in WoE or doing MVPs and stuff, the people that are casting are going to have their variable cast time reduced by a LOT most likely. So say somebody has their variable cast time reduced by 80%. So you now have like, 40% of the original cast time left, and half of that is fixed. So now you'll drop it to 30% for 2 and a half minutes because of Sacrament. Also, some skills don't have much variable cast time at all. Things like Acid Bomb, and dragons breath, and suicidal destruction and then there are skills like energy coat and sacrifice whose ENTIRE cast time is fixed. Not to mention it allows you cast your own buffs faster, since you can use the skill on yourself, unlike suff. That might sound silly, but it's definitely noticeable on my own FS AB, the decrease in time it takes me to buff an entire party.

There are many things you can use to reduce ME cast time, from % cast time reduction gears, to your stats themselves. My Adoramus/ME AB has a cast time of 1 second on ME. (100% reduction of variable cast time with full buffs). I have 120 int/dex, and with all my buffs, I have over 180 of each stat. Conveniently enough, those stats which reduce my cast time, also greatly improve the damage of the skill :D And I was still able to get 80 vit, so I'm not too squishy either. But to survive the cast time at low levels, you'll need to get gears to reduce it, and stand in Safety Wall while you cast (taking no damage for the first 12 hits while casting makes a world of difference, trust me)

The cooldown is the same for all levels of high heal now. They probably haven't updated the wiki, but every level of high heal has the 3 second cooldown. Using a Light of Cure ring with the "Cure lv. 1" enchantment makes the cooldown 1 second. (this is an accessory that you can obtain from Mora) The difference in the amount you can heal is also pretty amazing. My level 1 High heal does about 6K, where my level 5 can do almost 12k heals. And because of that accessory, I can use high heal almost as fast as normal heal.

Judex is a powered up, tiny AOE version of holy light. It has very little damage, and you will probably never use it in any serious kind of leveling, even against undead/demon monsters. It is fun to mob up like, 70 monsters in payon 3 and murder them all with one judex, however.

I will point out now, that because of the number of points to get sacrament, I never did get it on my Adoramus/ME AB. To get it higher than level 1, I would have had to get level 1 high heal instead of level 5. I took the silentium skill tree, and maxed that skill. Not only is silentium useful in WoE once you get to 150 (you can silence almost anybody in the screen that isn't 150) it is amazing in the later stages of leveling an ME priest. The most dangerous part of mobbing in nameless island level 2 is the Sonic Blow from Zombie Slaughters, but with silentium, you can silence them all to prevent them from using it, and mob twice as many monsters before casting ME, because you don't have to worry that 5 of them are going to cast Sonic Blow at the same time and murder you.

Edited by Kuropi, 16 September 2012 - 01:51 PM.

#3 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 03:04 PM

Ahh I kinda went a support/me hybrid build, so stuff like SW I didn't really level, though I get the feeling imma regret it. Bascally what I am worried about is if parties will refuse my AB just because she lacks sacrament. Thats honestly the only thing stopping me from getting Adoramus instead.

Gear wise I have a Divine cross, with spiritual ring, and a clip, Shoes of judgement, Robe kinda sucks unless I was using Ado, would rather use my current gear, don't got the shawl yet, can't find one for sale.

Edited by Siveria, 16 September 2012 - 03:07 PM.

#4 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:18 PM

Ahh I kinda went a support/me hybrid build, so stuff like SW I didn't really level, though I get the feeling imma regret it. Bascally what I am worried about is if parties will refuse my AB just because she lacks sacrament. Thats honestly the only thing stopping me from getting Adoramus instead.

Gear wise I have a Divine cross, with spiritual ring, and a clip, Shoes of judgement, Robe kinda sucks unless I was using Ado, would rather use my current gear, don't got the shawl yet, can't find one for sale.

You will miss out on parties because of a lack of Sacrament at times. My Ado/ME AB has a great deal of the support skills as well, so he would technically by hybrid in terms of skills, but pure ME in terms of stats. I use the Divine Cross SET (spiritual ring and phen clip), a +3 dex Saint's Robe of Dexterity Switching, Ramen, robo, WCP, Variants and backpack when using ME. When using Adoramus, I use judgement gears enchanted with like, +7 int and +matk on each one, and a +11 Mortal Empowered Mace of Judgement (because I use adoramus for WoE) for the extra +10% magic dmg vs. demi-human. When I'm playing support, I use an over-upgraded Ygg Crown and the Light of Cure accessory, speedy recovery wand and proper race shield, and the other defensive gears I use for ME.

#5 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 06:12 PM

Kind dumb considering for most classes it really does nothing for pvm parties. But meh, screw em, if they gonna not inv me cuz of one skill that really doesn't do much for most classes, they can go screw themselevs imo. Other than ME and Ado mine would be all support with high int/dex/vit.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 16 September 2012 - 08:45 PM

Kind dumb considering for most classes it really does nothing for pvm parties. But meh, screw em, if they gonna not inv me cuz of one skill that really doesn't do much for most classes, they can go screw themselevs imo. Other than ME and Ado mine would be all support with high int/dex/vit.

Sacrament is the best AB skill IMO. For the classes it benefits, the benefit is huge. It's most noticable with DB RK's in strings (a mainstay of TI parties), where the fixed cast time is longer than cast and delay combined, so sacrament doubles dragon breath DPS. I think WL also needs it, and probably sorc too. Not too familiar with what other classes have lots of fixed cast skills.

Edited by DrAzzy, 16 September 2012 - 08:45 PM.

#7 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:43 PM

Hmm yeah I could see it for db, cast time is stupidly long for that skill. DB dps doesn't seem all that good in thta case, Stuff like cart cannon or overbrand would probally slaughter it in the dps dept. without Sacrament anyway. Sorcs Psychic wave has 0.6s fixed cast time at max level, so it won't realllly make a huge diff with that I don't think.

#8 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

Many people make ABs PURELY as Sacrament slaves. It's just that good. It would be like an assumptio slave preRE.

It's pretty silly not to get it. Basically every class out there except for GX/Ranger can make great use of it. And it lasts a long time, for what it does.

Edited by Tofu, 16 September 2012 - 10:52 PM.

#9 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:55 AM

I dunno, I can deff see abusing it as my rk for sure, though like most buffs in ro the duration is ass, way to short.

#10 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 September 2012 - 04:17 PM

Sacrament is pretty much the ultimate AB buff skill in the game as others have mentioned. Ado / ME builds may not be able to fit it in their skill tree without some sacrifices but it's up to you. DB RKs need it for sure, and DB ignores all reductions except for armor element. It's quite deadly and you should do some research before putting a skill or class off but that's another topic. Warlorks will also probably refuse to woe without sacrament too.

#11 senio12

senio12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 07:10 PM

Sacrament is a must :D! I notice a HUMUNGOUS difference in buffing the parties, like 1.5secs less or so.
It is possible to get both lvl 5 sacrament and lvl 10 adoramus, that is what I'm doing, if you don't intend on getting high heal 5 that is.

Sacrament is THE one skill I made an Arch bishhiee~ I couldn't wait to get it so much that I am 116/36. Since you're a hybrid of going FS/ME, maybe try to get lvl 3 clementia, canto, and colu first or so @_@.

Stick with lvl 1 High Heal, if you plan to get both lvl 5 Sacrament and lvl 10 Adoramus, otherwise you will be short on skill points. And also get a Light of Cure with cure lvl 1, this will eradicate the cool down of the High Heal by 3 seconds. So it's like an upgrade version of the normal Heal. :D

Edited by senio12, 17 September 2012 - 07:17 PM.

#12 Scyris

Scyris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:04 AM

Guess I could just get level 1 high heal and be able to get both sacrament and ado, I assume people won't refuse me cuz i lack lv 5 high heal right?
Or, what if I left the aoe Agi up/blessing buffs at level 2 each, to get lv 3 high heal?

Edited by Scyris, 18 September 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

Guess I could just get level 1 high heal and be able to get both sacrament and ado, I assume people won't refuse me cuz i lack lv 5 high heal right?
Or, what if I left the aoe Agi up/blessing buffs at level 2 each, to get lv 3 high heal?

Clementia lv3 is required for Ancilla.

IMO, Cantocandidus is useless. Every TI party has a ranger, and every ranger can just Wind Walk for increased move speed.

Talking about rangers, every time a ranger ask for Sacrament, I laugh in silence.

Go until 130 by turnins (because nobody cares about sacrament until that level), then like, go to Geffen GD2 with empowered judgement and spam adoramus on all the stuff.

#14 ilovemilk

ilovemilk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3452 posts
  • LocationMilky Way
  • Server:Offline

Posted 18 September 2012 - 04:08 AM

I used it on my Sura and I tend to kill other suras rather quickly.

#15 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:56 AM

I ask for Sac on my ranger, but that's just because I'm stubborn about my near as makes no difference instant cast time on Arrow Storm.

Its useful for rangers if they don't have 120 Dex and have a horrid cast time. Otherwise, yea, its wasted on Rangers.

#16 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:58 AM

IMO, Cantocandidus is useless. Every TI party has a ranger, and every ranger can just Wind Walk for increased move speed.

Talking about rangers, every time a ranger ask for Sacrament, I laugh in silence.

Go until 130 by turnins (because nobody cares about sacrament until that level), then like, go to Geffen GD2 with empowered judgement and spam adoramus on all the stuff.

It shocks the hell out of people when you're in the 100-115 TI and you're casting Sacrament Lv. 5. God I love Prize Medals.

#17 senio12

senio12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 526 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 05:52 PM

It shocks the hell out of people when you're in the 100-115 TI and you're casting Sacrament Lv. 5. God I love Prize Medals.

Or by focusing TI rewards purely on Job :yawn:

Edited by senio12, 18 September 2012 - 05:52 PM.

#18 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1777 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

but +15 agi (assuming you're job lv 30ish) is something that wind walk doesn't have..

Sacrament is very nice skill. My main AB that on idRO even can achieve 13% cast time with it (100%-10% (sacrament) - 77% (variable cast time) ). It's close to no variable cast time at all..

and personally I won't recommend getting ME and Adoramus at same char. You can get other supports if you only focus one of them, it's just like you pick Lightning bolt lv 10 and JT lv 10, not much effective...

Edited by Exvee, 18 September 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:07 PM

I ask for Sac on my ranger, but that's just because I'm stubborn about my near as makes no difference instant cast time on Arrow Storm.

Its useful for rangers if they don't have 120 Dex and have a horrid cast time. Otherwise, yea, its wasted on Rangers.

It's useless for any type of Ranger period. ABs who Sacrament Rangers are noobs and waste SP.

The only skills that really benefit from Sacrament are Fear Breeze and Wind Walker. <_

#20 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:30 PM

^ Oh -_-, I do that, haha. B-but it was the Rangers who asked me first! Nah, jk. That's handy to know, though!

#21 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

NP, it's usually the Rangers who are pretty clueless anyway.

#22 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:55 PM

Its so good on suras who dont have KVM fist like me. I play a sura who uses valorous ( I don't have KVM though I wish I did ) and an AB giving me sacra is godsend since I am on even playing field when it comes to cast time.

#23 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 19 September 2012 - 10:19 AM

I sacrament everyone (sometimes even the GX, by accident though, LOL!) just because TI parties have been so easy recently and I am like at 100% sp almost all the time. <3 AA

#24 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:31 PM

NP, it's usually the Rangers who are pretty clueless anyway.

I've got an AB slave with my Ranger at all times, so I get every single buff he can toss out. I don't know about you, but I've been in TIs with other rangers and they have a horrid cast time for AS if they don't have Sac.. I'm talking upwards of 3/4ths of a second (or so it seems). Once they have Sac, its noticeably better.

Yes, it all comes down to how they're built. That much is obvious.

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:51 PM

I've got an AB slave with my Ranger at all times, so I get every single buff he can toss out. I don't know about you, but I've been in TIs with other rangers and they have a horrid cast time for AS if they don't have Sac.. I'm talking upwards of 3/4ths of a second (or so it seems). Once they have Sac, its noticeably better.

Yes, it all comes down to how they're built. That much is obvious.

Sacrament doesn't solve that. Those rangers are probably Noob pure Dex/Agi ones who have 1 INT.

Real Arrow Stormers have 60-70 INT and can almost instant cast Arrow Storm without Sacrament.

I sacrament everyone (sometimes even the GX, by accident though, LOL!) just because TI parties have been so easy recently and I am like at 100% sp almost all the time. <3 AA

The real test for FS ABs is Bio3 TI/Thor TI. You'll definitely have to be smart who to heal/sacrament/pneuma/assumptio in there.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 19 September 2012 - 05:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users