#1 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Amazing Server

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:37 AM

Sooooo, I wanted to ask what were some nice builds for Mvping as a warlock?
I'm like REALLLYYYY Nub n stuffz and I'm really unsure about which skills would be good doe mvping lol ^^;;
Right now I'm thinking Comet + Tetra vortex BUTTT I've not played one before so I'd be glad for any guidance.

#2 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Sooooo, I wanted to ask what were some nice builds for Mvping as a warlock?
I'm like REALLLYYYY Nub n stuffz and I'm really unsure about which skills would be good doe mvping lol ^^;;
Right now I'm thinking Comet + Tetra vortex BUTTT I've not played one before so I'd be glad for any guidance.

If you really wanted to MVP, you would use Tetra Vortex, BUT Warlocks suck horribly a MVPing. MVPs have a lot of MDEF, making magic pretty bad against them. Although you could probably kill some low-tier MVPs like Phreeoni. So yeah. If you really want to MVP, go Tetra Vortex. It will be hard, but whatever lol.

#3 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:52 AM

what class would be best for mvping, I keep thinking of Genetist because of the VOCANIC ASH, and ACID BOMBZ
but Idk it seems like it'd be a little melancholy to level those... Q__Q WHY CAN"T RO BE EASIER

#4 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:02 AM

This isn't practical or anything, but I have a warlock friend who is a battle build. He usually jack frosts the mob first, or frost nova them, then use Quagmire to help flee against the MVP (low tier ones). His equips revolve mainly on autocasts (RoFL set, +7 Drooping Alicel, +9 Tsod with a Stormy Knight card I think x-x, CD in Mouth, etc) and with the added matk from the staff, the damage can be good :} stats are something like STR 5x, AGI 9x, INT 7x, DEX 8x. But yea, this isn't really for viability, just for fun, and it looks soooo pro when you see it xD

Anyway for an actual MVPing build, Tetra Vortex would be the best. Just remember to use Safety Wall and use JF/FN to freeze the mobs. Depending on the element of the MVP, CL can be good too, just drag it away from its mob though so they don't get hit. Keep SW up at all times to ensure safety :} Quagmire too if you're trying to run away a few cells.

Edit: Yes the best class for MVPing would be a Geneticist or Sura. I mostly leveled my Bio (now Gen) through TIs, MVPing and Homunculus leeching :}

Edited by ChellyXD, 22 September 2012 - 09:04 AM.

#5 Kawaiiyui

Kawaiiyui

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 702 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:11 AM

That battle build sounds sooo much fun! but expensive lol, I think I'll try Tetra Vortex...
I have a sura but Q___Q the only thing I like her for is snap dancing AND afking on lol... she's so annoying to level

#6 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

Yea it's really fun xD Warlocks get good AGI from job lvl bonuses and a Tsod (+10) and they can use Berserk Pots. I remember back when you could EB others, he'd do 1.5k melees @ 185-187 Aspd, 3k with Snake Head xD and the autocasts would just fire off repeatedly really fast, super fun and amazing to watch :} Well whatever you choose, good luck^^

#7 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 October 2012 - 09:55 PM

IMO, the tetra build is really great for any warlock that have low funds as these skills amp ur damage considerably, n didnt require any red gems to boot with. Tetra build also allows access to many elem skill, which make u a versatile player :3
The cons are would be a really long time to cast due to u have to summon orbs first then cast or release the tetra, n it only hit 1 opponent.

Comet is very fun to play with and shines well in TIs, which will help u get a spots on the party (u will be in need like those rangers and ABs in the ti due to your mass aoe support). For leveling using TI only, i found that these r the best way to end TI fast n make yourself desirable up the way to 150. Comet r very powerful with good gears, (+9 SOD, +9 Crown Of Deceit /Moon Rabbit Hat, Panic (Agav carded) Diabolus Robe).
The cons are comet really need good gears, i myself a comet build and its alone cost me much zeny (im talking 100++M here), so i guess it would not suitable for u if u have very low zeny atm.

My summary for you, choose one build only (comet build/tetra build). As u mentioned u want to mvp, Idk much mvps that would succumb to warlock easily, but i do solo GTB, Maya, Phreeoni, Orc Lord, n Orc Hero sometimes when i have sp pot to burn n lots of redgem lying around.

Tetra build (PVM/MVP) ---> versatile player (access to many elem skills), superior damage of tetra (if u use the right orb elem that is :3), can survive well on TI without being kicked/dissapointed leader and teammates, low zeny to begin with, and u can still mvp provided someone is tanking :3

Comet build (PVM/MVP) ----> shines very well on TI and any party due to mass dmg aoe support, good dmg with good gears, easy to build skill tree (as u need to focus on fire route only), much skill points to go with other desirable skill u want, can kill mvp provided someone is also tanking too xD

This is from my experience, but it sure does help a lot to level me until 145 from past month (level 100 wl) till now :3

EDIT: and oh, pm me sometimes yeah, i might have something to help you. my ign is below :3

Edited by Nero89, 15 October 2012 - 09:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users