Share xp with Homunculus - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Share xp with Homunculus

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 PokemonSnap

PokemonSnap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:57 PM

Am I the only one that finds leveling a Homunculus to be hair pullingly slow? I'm VIP and it is still unbelievable. The way the homunculus system has been designed is very poor. It is near impossible to level one with you as you level. It takes forever for it to level on any monsters when it solos as well. It can't solo worth a darn when it comes to any mob that would give it decent xp.

I propose to allow our pets gain a percentage of our xp when we kill a monster. I don't see this as being a game breaking feature. In all honesty, our pets should be on par with us as we level, otherwise they are nearly useless as they cannot take any heat in battle. People suggest auto feeding, but I don't think it is a good idea. Maps will constantly be flooded with AFK people. XP sharing with us would make pets useful, and not a burden. For once, I'd like to have a pet that can actually help me and not die as soon as I agro something. By the way, my pet is a 106 homunculs s right now. Just saying in case anyone assumes it's a level 50 pet or something.

#2 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 September 2012 - 03:06 AM

VIP Exp does not increase the % the homun will get, And I Will Have To Disagree, Sorry, Dure To The Fact As Gens Kill MVP, CC Mobs, And The Homun Could Be Grinfed To 150 In A Few Days, And I'd Hate To See A Huge Inflation 150 Of Homun's Running Around (especially when they're about to get their own 150 aura), I Deleted My 103 Homun Due To The Free Inamacy For The The Dibbed Stats, And The Truth Is Honestly for me Is That lvl's 1-70 are the most painful.. and most boring parts of it, I Currently Now Have A 139 Eira, and i didnt find it a burden to level it. i doubt all the other genetics will argue about their pet aswel.

It Was An Ok Idea, I Have Thought About In The Past, But Have Come To Realise, I Didnt Like It, Sorry.

#3 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 25 September 2012 - 06:04 PM

VIP Exp does not increase the % the homun will get, And I Will Have To Disagree, Sorry, Dure To The Fact As Gens Kill MVP, CC Mobs, And The Homun Could Be Grinfed To 150 In A Few Days, And I'd Hate To See A Huge Inflation 150 Of Homun's Running Around (especially when they're about to get their own 150 aura), I Deleted My 103 Homun Due To The Free Inamacy For The The Dibbed Stats, And The Truth Is Honestly for me Is That lvl's 1-70 are the most painful.. and most boring parts of it, I Currently Now Have A 139 Eira, and i didnt find it a burden to level it. i doubt all the other genetics will argue about their pet aswel.

It Was An Ok Idea, I Have Thought About In The Past, But Have Come To Realise, I Didnt Like It, Sorry.

It would help if Homunculi other than Vanilmirth > Dieter weren't so utterly useless in PvM to where they need to get leeched or forever AFKed in some spot.

#4 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:18 AM

It would help if Homunculi other than Vanilmirth > Dieter weren't so utterly useless in PvM to where they need to get leeched or forever AFKed in some spot.

Eira - Overboost (Free Intimacy) You Can AFK 24/7 If You Wish - Best For WoE
Dieter - (As You Said Yourself Isnt Useless)
Sera - Pain Killer? Who Doesnt Want That? And Poison Mist As The AoE

Bayeri And Eleanor, What Is The Actial Point For These? As They Are Both Absolutely Useless In My Eyes, And If They Pick That And Start Complaining About It It Is Your Own Fault.

#5 PokemonSnap

PokemonSnap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 September 2012 - 12:26 PM

If leveling a homunculus is so easy, enlighten me as to how you do it so fast?

Edited by Caterpie69, 26 September 2012 - 12:26 PM.

#6 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 26 September 2012 - 01:05 PM

I Have A Level 139 Eira, My Eira Can Afk lvl 24/7 As Overboost Drops Its Hunger By 50 (So Free Feeding) So I Afk'd A Few Weeks 24/7. (Dying Sometimes By poly morphed Monsters Aswel) A Gained About 70% Per Night And the Rest Of The Lvl Duting The Day. (This Was During A X2 Event When OD2 Was Popular.)

Any Other Questions?

#7 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 02:02 PM

Eira - Overboost (Free Intimacy) You Can AFK 24/7 If You Wish - Best For WoE
Dieter - (As You Said Yourself Isnt Useless)
Sera - Pain Killer? Who Doesnt Want That? And Poison Mist As The AoE

Bayeri And Eleanor, What Is The Actial Point For These? As They Are Both Absolutely Useless In My Eyes, And If They Pick That And Start Complaining About It It Is Your Own Fault.

Poison is a horrible AoE element. I'd rather have Neutral, or something. I guess Sera is balanced out by the awesomeness of Pain Killer... but then you have Dieter, who isn't balanced...
Overboost requires leveling it to a painfully high level. It's also a bit tedious to fill up the intimacy, but that's a moot point. And you're just proving it's useless outside of AFKing. :/

Bayeri is worthless, that's true. Homunculi shouldn't have interruptable casts. Eleanor from what I hear has limited PvM uses. I think Azzy took out Osiris or Pharaoh with one?

#8 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Server:iRO Ymir [Loki forever!]

Posted 26 September 2012 - 08:02 PM

I have a level um.. 101? vani>eira and it sucks to level... I level in OD2 because she can't kill anything worth real XP.... I used to level my 9X vani at magmarings and he could eat them all day long without heals but my eira needs 4-5 white pots to kill a single magmaring...

#9 Siveria

Siveria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 457 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 26 September 2012 - 10:22 PM

Honestly I think homuns should get full exp for anything the master kills. Its pretty stupid that you can't really level with your homun out because it just dies to fast, and doesn't really help any. I'd also like to see Geneticists be able to have more than one homun, but only 1 can be out at a time.

#10 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 27 September 2012 - 02:10 AM

Poison is a horrible AoE element. I'd rather have Neutral, or something. I guess Sera is balanced out by the awesomeness of Pain Killer... but then you have Dieter, who isn't balanced...
Overboost requires leveling it to a painfully high level. It's also a bit tedious to fill up the intimacy, but that's a moot point. And you're just proving it's useless outside of AFKing. :/

Bayeri is worthless, that's true. Homunculi shouldn't have interruptable casts. Eleanor from what I hear has limited PvM uses. I think Azzy took out Osiris or Pharaoh with one?

Yes, Poison is a weak AoE, but as you said sera's pain killer does balance it.

By the time Dieter is 109 (This wil be the hardest due to aspd) It Then Becomes The Easiest To Lvl Due To High Dmg Aoe and with it's current bug on Volcanish Ash, It Can Immobilize MVP's You Get Fire Property Acid Bomb, 20% More Reduction (i think its 20)

And Eira Is By Far My Only Choice For Homun, Overboost gives 500 flee and 180 aspd (Will Flee Many Things, VP, CI, RC, Lowers GoH Damage By Alot! And many other things) 189 aspd to help break emp and pretty much removes after-cast delay). And Once/If You Get It 138, You Can Get Silent Breeze Which Has Previously Been Disabled In PVP/WOE Due To No Cure, They Have Recently Released It Back And There Is Still No Cure, It Has Been Disabled On MVP Maps, As They Can Be Used On Any Monsters, But You Can Use On BB's And Instances, Saying This, Means There Is No Cure or Immunity. (Green Pots, Cure Free, Gentle-Touch Cure, Cure, Refresh, Or Even Madurk Card [immunity to silence] Will Not Work, They Will Only Get Rid Of The ./... (Triple Dot) Emoticon, But You Will Still Not Be Able To Use Skills For The Duration Of The Silence (roughly 20 seconds)

And Yes, At Higher LVL's Eleanor Can Do High Damage, But It Can Only 1 vs 1, any more than that, then its useless...

#11 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 27 September 2012 - 11:53 PM

Dieter is the only good homunculus as far as training goes. The VA thing is likely getting fixed soon, but even outside of that... Pyroclastic and that -10% damage buff is too amazing. They're not unbalanced, but it dwarfs what the other homunculi can do - which is nothing aside from Sera's Pain Killer.

Silent Breeze was re-allowed? What on earth? :/
189 ASPD is useful I guess, but shortening after-cast delay is only so helpful unless you don't have cast time (which is hard to do without a Mjolnir). 500 Flee on the other hand sounds good. Getting to the level to use that skill effectively though... might be a bit tedious because homunculi other than Dieter can't do much offensively. I'd prefer Pain Killer, honestly. -800 something damage per hit of a skill is pretty handy.

Then there's poor Bayeri...

#12 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:08 AM

+10

even if the exp share rate was 1/25th best idea of the year

#13 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 28 September 2012 - 06:26 AM

there are already a heap of gens with 150 pets >_> its not that hard.. if u want a useless pet.. it gets even harder. thats why so many have 150 dieters cause its the easiest to lvl

#14 Kasumidoll

Kasumidoll

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • Server:iRO Ymir [Loki forever!]

Posted 28 September 2012 - 03:11 PM

there are already a heap of gens with 150 pets >_> its not that hard.. if u want a useless pet.. it gets even harder. thats why so many have 150 dieters cause its the easiest to lvl

I bet most of them AFK leveled to 150 using some program to click on "feed" every 10 minutes.

#15 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 04:54 PM

I bet most of them AFK leveled to 150 using some program to click on "feed" every 10 minutes.

Seriously. Not like they can even get caught either. Macro programs aren't hard to find or set-up and it's not like RO can detect that. And no, I don't condone that, but it's the truth.

The EXP share likely should be quite the margin lower than what the player is receiving, due to how the EXP per level is for Homunculi (it stays really low even at 149>150 compared to a player). 25-30% of the EXP perhaps? If it was 25%, a Rake Horn Scaraba killed by the owner would give around 1.7k with no server events, which is pretty darn good!

#16 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 28 September 2012 - 09:17 PM

Seriously. Not like they can even get caught either. Macro programs aren't hard to find or set-up and it's not like RO can detect that. And no, I don't condone that, but it's the truth.

The EXP share likely should be quite the margin lower than what the player is receiving, due to how the EXP per level is for Homunculi (it stays really low even at 149>150 compared to a player). 25-30% of the EXP perhaps? If it was 25%, a Rake Horn Scaraba killed by the owner would give around 1.7k with no server events, which is pretty darn good!

"not hard to setup"? how is every1 so smart with computers :( i wouldnt understand the 1st thing about it ....

Edited by Sully, 28 September 2012 - 09:18 PM.

#17 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 12:37 AM

"not hard to setup"? how is every1 so smart with computers :( i wouldnt understand the 1st thing about it ....

I'm pretty sure you can click a "Run" button. From what I've ever been able to gather (and from a post here on WP, although it was about Requiem I think, it still applies), a macro program is more or less a turbo controller but for your PC. It will endlessly repeat your last action/keystroke at a desired interval (in a homunculi's case, 10 minutes). Such programs are obviously against the rules considering it's more or less botting. You'd never get caught doing it though, considering it'd be more or less impossible to prove.

The feeding is another problem, but non-Dieters being virtually worthless for killing is more of an issue I think.

#18 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 29 September 2012 - 08:55 AM

It's actually possible to auto feed without doing anything to the ro client, but that's illegal still, me no do xD

#19 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 01 October 2012 - 02:15 AM

I'm pretty sure you can click a "Run" button. From what I've ever been able to gather (and from a post here on WP, although it was about Requiem I think, it still applies), a macro program is more or less a turbo controller but for your PC. It will endlessly repeat your last action/keystroke at a desired interval (in a homunculi's case, 10 minutes). Such programs are obviously against the rules considering it's more or less botting. You'd never get caught doing it though, considering it'd be more or less impossible to prove.

The feeding is another problem, but non-Dieters being virtually worthless for killing is more of an issue I think.

*not reading* D: I Dun wanna know! lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users