[SOLVED] Failed to Connect to Server - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[SOLVED] Failed to Connect to Server

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SuperGuitarDude

SuperGuitarDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Classic

Posted 01 October 2012 - 12:41 AM

Hello, since the character servers went offline last night I can't log in. I have tried to log in with both Classic and Renewal accounts, but I keep getting the message right after signing in. I checked the server status and everything seems to be online. I reinstalled the game, downloaded the client again, reinstalled... again, disabled anything to do with Windows firewall and defender, and made sure that I didn't have any anti-virus program running (not that I had one in the first place).

No, I did not install to Program Files

Yes, I deleted the previous Ragnarok folder before installing to a new one

Yes, I made sure that Classic, Renewal, and Setup Options are running as administrator

I even added Ragnarok as the allowed program on the Firewall settings (even though the firewall is turned off).

What is going on? What can I do? I have Installed, Uninstalled, Reinstalled, re-patched the client 5 or 6 times in the past week and still the same damn problems. The only difference is that before last night I was able to get into the character selection screen and into the game.

Edited by SuperGuitarDude, 01 October 2012 - 03:27 AM.

#2 SuperGuitarDude

SuperGuitarDude

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal/Classic

Posted 01 October 2012 - 03:31 AM

Here is my guess on what went wrong: It turns out that last night after the Character select screen went offline, the router/modem lost connection to the ISP. After we restarted the modem/router the IPV4 Address must have switched with the other computer which uses a firewall, so no matter how many times I unblocked it, Ragnarok wouldn't connect. The solution came from restarting the modem/router and temporarily unplugging the ethernet cable from the other computer. Hope that this helps others out there :)

Edited by SuperGuitarDude, 01 October 2012 - 03:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users