MedMad

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 01 October 2012 - 04:11 PM

HI,
I have a SC now lvl 115 and i want to make it a killer in woe and pvp (mostly pvp) is it any thing doable to build a SC that kil?

i have seen such SC man holing and gloomy befor spaming some deadly traps...
how can i achive such build ?

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:14 PM

All you need is high Dex and Int to make Hunter Traps like Landmine hurt a lot if people walk over stacked ones. The thing is, SC was never meant to be a killing class for PvP/WoE. It takes an elaborate setup to use Traps for killing people in PvP, and it's nearly impossible to use the same setup for a WoE setting. You'd also have to be lucky that you can kill someone with this setup in PvP anyways. A person could just relog to get out of Manhole before they get killed. Or someone else could mess with your procedure to set up the Manhole+Traps+ShadowForm combo for killing just one person...

Shadow Spell build is also extremely horrible for killing people unless you get lucky or are extremely decked out. In most cases, you'd have to be extremely lucky to kill people even if you're decked out in a WoE situation.

#3 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

I immediately closed my browser when I saw "Killer" and "SC" in the same thread title.

#4 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 October 2012 - 06:38 PM

Gates of Hell only you need a sura slave and you only get one shot haha

#5 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:58 AM

Gates of Hell only you need a sura slave and you only get one shot haha

LOL if you built the SC purely for it, maybe haha, it would be pretty funny. Having a sura slave power implant you all the time.

#6 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 06 October 2012 - 08:44 AM

eventually 3rd ninjas will come and you can kill anything with chaser

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:00 AM

LOL if you built the SC purely for it, maybe haha, it would be pretty funny. Having a sura slave power implant you all the time.

The Sura is better off using GoH himself because they have better SP and can equip KvM Mace which is like 100x better than Glorious gladius or glorious flamberge... <_<

#8 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

This is true. I await that day.

#9 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

Stocking up hundreds of millions of zeny for it >.>

#10 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:23 PM

I immediately closed my browser when I saw "Killer" and "SC" in the same thread title.

I don't see why the title is not doable, I am able to do fine in pvp.

Some of the SC's in my server and also my SC have vultures eye, what we do is we equip ROFL and attack targets from a distance using status bows (Usually curse ) and then wait for the sphere's to come out, It's not that hard to summon sphere's when you have high atkspd.

Edited by Usurper, 09 October 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#11 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:31 PM

There's also Greatest General card, but it's still rather inefficient in the end to go about manually getting spheres over time instead of instantly with a Power Implantation Sura slave.

#12 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 09 October 2012 - 07:57 PM

^
Yep I agree with you on that, but if you're just playing by yourself and you really don't have that much friends online you'd want to improvise things.

#13 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Which is exactly why you make an alt Sura who can be dual cliented...preferably a Sura with Gentle Touch as well.

#14 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

I don't see why the title is not doable, I am able to do fine in pvp.

So you can kill people outside of shadow form? They must be complete baddies then...

#15 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:02 AM

I'll agree with most people here, especially since I main a SC. You're not going to be killing a lot of people in WoE, end of story. It's just not something the class does well. The rare times that you will kill someone will usually be when it's only you and that other person, you've ignoranced them, full divested, and have them caught in close confine, and then just wail on them and hope you deal enough damage, or maybe they run out of pots.

#16 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:09 AM

I played SC a dozen times in Woe and Pvp. Making people bwing/speed pot away like a little girl is more satisfying than actually killing them.

#17 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:44 AM

I played SC a dozen times in Woe and Pvp. Making people bwing/speed pot away like a little girl is more satisfying than actually killing them.

Hmm, I personally find that annoying. I'm the type that will die before I run away, fighting to the very last second, so when someone I'm fighting runs away at the first sign of trouble it really gets on my nerves.

#18 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 12:55 PM

Hmmm well in PvP there is no -50% damage penalty so even though you are more easily one-shotted, its the same where you can also kill others easier, so yeah it's totally possible. Caster type or ASS build, as long as they don't have like 1bil+ worth equips then you're fine. I can kill anyone in PvP as long as they're not like top-notch players, since it's hard for anyone to kill them. Besides SF, you can strip & freeze then CL, manhole & trap, or masq and ASS, etc., but annoying thing is you can't do all since you can copy only 2 skills at a time =(
But DO note that either divest/masq is a prerequisite debuff on them before you can kill them.

WoE is totally different, the -50% damage makes you not kill anyone possible unless they are not 150 and have so-so gears lol, which is probably half the population in woe.

Edited by michaeleeli, 11 October 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#19 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hmm, I personally find that annoying. I'm the type that will die before I run away, fighting to the very last second, so when someone I'm fighting runs away at the first sign of trouble it really gets on my nerves.

And yeah same hereeee. Once I masq/divest them they run, then come back after its gone and try to kill me. They don't give up even if I masq them 20 times, so I go in for the kill. Seeing them bwing after I manhole them is just = =~~

#20 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:09 PM

Can't bwing after you manhole them, they gotta log out lmao

#21 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 October 2012 - 01:39 PM

So you can kill people outside of shadow form? They must be complete baddies then...

I don't WoE, Im only active in pvp, and yes I can kill them outside shadow form. I've been playing in pvp using rouge class when stalkers were introduced. Of course you need to weaken the enemy first before you can kill them that's the way it has always been.

I'll agree with most people here, especially since I main a SC. You're not going to be killing a lot of people in WoE, end of story. It's just not something the class does well. The rare times that you will kill someone will usually be when it's only you and that other person, you've ignoranced them, full divested, and have them caught in close confine, and then just wail on them and hope you deal enough damage, or maybe they run out of pots.

Text highlighted in red is exactly what I do, before the balancing patch after I full divest, masquerade(Ignorance/weakness), Close confine and sightless mind the enemy, I use severe rainstorm and bowling bash. I can kill players that are only using normal White pots but for players that use fish slice or ygg berries I can't because they instantly restore full hp, some are good at running away after being divest/ignorance they use guyak(makes you move like your equipped with sleipnir temporarily).

And if were talking about WOE an SC should obviously focus on disabling everyone not killing. Also this " The rare times that you will kill someone will usually be when it's only you and that other person" if you usually go to PK maps you'll find the skill "Snatch" very appropriate for this line that is if they don't use bwing.

And yeah same hereeee. Once I masq/divest them they run, then come back after its gone and try to kill me

This is the main reason why I got vultures eye lvl 10 on my SC, I've planned my skill build mainly for pvp. I can curse or even divest opponents equipment from afar. Also chasing them using backslide is pretty useful.

For guys who use the manhole + trap combo, I suggest copying hell inferno as your second skill, They can't log out while receiving burning damage from HE inside manhole.

Edited by Usurper, 11 October 2012 - 03:09 PM.

#22 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:04 PM

Chasers get a damage penalty for using that throw wallet skill, because they're simply not ninjas.

#23 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 05:08 PM

But you can't kill them. How do you know if it's less satisfying? :hmm:

#24 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:03 PM

Please don't talk about a non-iRO server to the point it confuses others, Usurper. xD Snatch is disabled in pvp and Arrow Storm really can't 1-shot any moderate and above HP class on iRO.

#25 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:29 PM

^
For snatch I'm talking about PK maps and I'm not talking about arrow storm this time I sync severe rainstorm and bowling bash.

Edited by Usurper, 12 October 2012 - 12:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users