• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 SirDillhole

SirDillhole

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 07:05 PM

I recently just got back into leveling my gen and I noticed I never had a weapon for him. So I was wondering if a +9 Double Kingbird Carga is better than a +9 Triple Kingbird Red Twin Edge.

And can I also get a comparison when these two are only +7's.

#2 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 02 October 2012 - 06:53 AM

Twin edge is pretty much the best wep you can get with a reasonable price

#3 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:35 AM

How about kingbird hurricane fury

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 October 2012 - 11:51 AM

+9 Double Kingbird Carga Mace / Weapon Level: 3 / Weapon Atk: 175 / +9 Bonus Atk = 45~77 / Variance: ± 26 / +20% Ranged Damage
+9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) / Weapon Level: 4 / Weapon Atk: 160 / +9 Bonus Atk = 63~133 / Variance: ± 32 / +30% Ranged Damage
+9 Kingbird Hurricane Fury / Weapon Level: 4 / Weapon Atk: 332 / +9 Bonus Attack = 63~133 / Variance: ± 66 / +10% Ranged Damage

I can't provide any further information unless I know which skill you wish to use these weapons for.

Edited by Riakuta, 02 October 2012 - 01:44 PM.

#5 Handersen

Handersen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3272 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:14 PM

For acid bomb? Mvping?

Does lotd helm applies on acid bomb?

#6 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 02 October 2012 - 12:22 PM

Sorry, but the formula for Acid Bomb is unavailable to me. I have been told by other players that +9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) gives the most possible damage when using Acid Bomb, but I have absolutely no idea how the skill works or the full formula for it. Maybe someone more informed than me will reply to this thread and give you the answer you are seeking.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:10 AM

Carga is better for hitting large enemies since sword only has a 75% size modifier.

#8 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 03 October 2012 - 01:48 PM

For acid bomb? Mvping?

Does lotd helm applies on acid bomb?

LOTD helm is bugged on acid bomb, from what i hear it only seems to affect the first hit of acid bomb and the rest of them are normal damage.
MvPing you really dont want a 2 handed wep because a shield is pretty much necessesary for survival.

#9 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

Does ak card affect acid bomb damage on mvps? Cause it says physical damage...

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:13 PM

Does ak card affect acid bomb damage on mvps? Cause it says physical damage...

yes, but you'll get a lot more damage boost from Archer Skel since Acid bomb is Ranged.

#11 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada

Posted 03 October 2012 - 06:14 PM

^ Yes sir it does

And I recall a post by DrAzzy saying that archer skeleton card gives you more ATK when doing range since it directly affects the ATK numeral in the formula. I can do a quick calculation if I had the Acid Bomb formula

Edited by Baturiano, 03 October 2012 - 06:16 PM.

#12 Kasmalisus

Kasmalisus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

Sorry, but the formula for Acid Bomb is unavailable to me. I have been told by other players that +9 Triple Kingbird Twin Edge of Naght Sieger (Red) gives the most possible damage when using Acid Bomb, but I have absolutely no idea how the skill works or the full formula for it. Maybe someone more informed than me will reply to this thread and give you the answer you are seeking.

Carga is better for hitting large enemies since sword only has a 75% size modifier.

I'd just like to add some information in regards to this.

My gene defaults a +12 3x AS red twin edge. I recently made a +12 2x AS Carga to compare damage (opted for this out of extreme laziness of not wanting to hunt one on sakray [because the NPCs don't sell it]), and the red edge put out more damage on large sizes with acid bomb; of the few tests I did with both weapons, it seems the edge does about 5~10k more damage on average. But, taking into account the size modifier for both weapons, and the variance in their attack gained per refine, the carga might actually be better than the edge at lower refines. Carga is definitely a lot cheaper to assemble, and it still does really nice damage... but if you get a red edge at a high refine, no contest.

As for acid bomb formula... apparently nobody knows how it's calculated, exactly — just that it's directly affected by the values of ATK/MATK (and not the values of STR/INT). Pulled from IROWiki:

The formula for acid bomb in renewal is currently unknown (see discussion page) but we know that the renewal acid bomb formula not changed of all since that acid bomb change of INT to ATK/MATK. However, the % reductions in PvP and normal maps changed (reducing damage in boss monsters and increase damage in players. (for this, the % damage was modify in the information description of the skill) very similar to 75% damage (but somes users says that the damage in players now don´t have decrease to 50% in pvp and the damage increase in 50% tested to comparate acid demonstration level 10 and fire expansion level 5 damages).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users