• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:56 PM

for the normal rvr the guards should do 2 times more damage.Also each kill the guards get should count for the side they protect that way one side won't just non stop rush and sit in the enemy zone that's suppose to be safe.

For golem the golem should have 4 times as much hp,def,and hit as hard as the Plaus night bosses as an aoe that way it doesn't end in 10 seconds,and have guards of it's own that heal which would need to be killed before the golem

#2 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:16 PM

Agree on npc damage to some degree, however.....there is no circumstance where an npc kill should count for either side. This only promotes one thing....sitting in the spawn, which is why you get rushed to begin with. The only thing this will accomplish is every rvr being a draw.

Agree on the golem having 4 times as much hp etc, but not on an aoe that hits as hard as Palus night boss, which will 1 shot majority of players in this range with the exception of warriors. Also....the guard=players. It's your job to guard your own golem.

#3 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

sg never has clerics to protect golem .As for the normal rvr and sitting in base they can make it so u have to get kills,or spend a set amount of time outside of base for ur side not to auto lose.

as for the aoe it would only be big enough to hit melee like stromy blow that a warrior has

#4 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 October 2012 - 12:02 PM

Not having clerics is not a game problem, the responsibility of such rests on player shoulders. Most of our clerics are alts, made specifically because we had a shortage at one time.

#5 HelRaiZer

HelRaiZer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 03 October 2012 - 03:52 PM

Agree on npc damage to some degree, however.....there is no circumstance where an npc kill should count for either side. This only promotes one thing....sitting in the spawn, which is why you get rushed to begin with. The only thing this will accomplish is every rvr being a draw.

So basically what you're saying is one side stays in the spawn because the other side is way stronger and can't have that because the stronger side needs to win so they can level up more then the weaker side and get stronger. Yup that makes total sense.

I would think the stronger side would want the weaker side to gain numbers and strength to make for a more enjoyable battle. But then again having it very one sided is alot easier and makes the strong side feel like they are something more powerful then they really are.

The more this keeps up the weaker side will quit and join the stronger side and then in rvr the stronger side can sit and chat amongst themselves.

Edited by HelRaiZer, 03 October 2012 - 03:56 PM.

#6 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

In no way did anything I say suggest that. What it did suggest is that an npc killing a player should have no outcome in the rankings. Buff the archers if need be, make it where they one shot any player, that is fine, and would prevent spawn camping, however your side should not win because of your npc's. If that does not make sense to you then I am sorry *shrugs* And as I said this would only result in one thing, every rvr being a draw, as SG wouldn't come out and TK wouldn't rush. You can grind more exp in 10 minutes than you'd get for drawing, so it in no way benefits your side or helps them get stronger. Not to mention, both sides sitting in spawn waiting for draw isn't any more exciting than being spawn camped or spawn camping.

Please in the future practice your reading comprehension skills before you insinuate something that was not implied. I do not care which side is stronger, I do not care which side maintains that, and I do not care whose character is the best. The only thing I particularly want is something that remotely looks like balance, however counting npc's in the rankings imo, is not a solution to that problem, nor do I think it would benefit the game overall. I often wonder what people expect though. Do you expect tk to sit there while you stay in spawn 6 times a day? That doesn't make sense. I personally want SG to get stronger to actually give me some challenge, however I'm not going to just sit and wait forever, for that to happen. I'm going to continue to play the game and either it will happen, gravity will rebalance the game, or it won't happen at all *shrugs*.

Edited by SleepyAssassin, 04 October 2012 - 12:38 PM.

#7 Meijin88

Meijin88

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

if the normal rvr did what the golem rvr does then it wouldn't be a draw.in golem it kicks u out of the safe zone after 2 mins or so,at least it did on my low lvl alt

#8 SleepyAssassin

SleepyAssassin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:37 AM

Yes, that's a possibility too, of course it would need to kick people in random locations otherwise we could just camp the point it kicks people out at, which puts us back at square 1. Or give longer invincibility time than current so people have the ability to move from the spawn somewhere, during invincibility you are invisible to the other faction as long as you don't attack them, so increasing that might be a good option for them to consider. I do agree spawn camping is an issue that needs rectified and I hope they look into it, sometime soon.

At one time someone had suggested to create a seperate area to spawn (like golem has now). And I think that idea needs a second look. This solves all the problems, you spawn in seperate area and have say 1 minute before it boots you into the map if you do not go through portal before then. Of course here too the problem is the portals themselves can be camped so longer invincibility should still be considered imo. This has a second benefit as well, afking in rvr can now get you killed. I personally find it annoying when players on my own side afk in rvr, especially when SG is actually fighting. In this system afking could very well get you killed, which is a plus I think.

#9 altus201

altus201

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Papyrus

Posted 09 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

Lol fastest time my golem ever dropped,23 seconds. 12 SG vs me,was so fun sitting up on the platform watching it drop 25% per 5 secs haha.

#10 Alphamojo

Alphamojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:13 PM

Perhaps the Golem should gain HP and Damage boost based on how many more players are on enemy team?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users