publitcity and marketing - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

publitcity and marketing

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alerit

alerit

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • LocationMèxico
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 06 October 2010 - 08:23 AM

i like the work that warp portal is making, well you are still have problem with something but is good.
i wanna comment about of the number of ppl that play iro.
while more ppl play iro more money have you.
so i think that if you have a department of marketing and publicity can take some ideas like a promotional video really cool like spot in some pages are visited for ppl (gamers, freeks XD, geeks, face, twitter etc..)
make pack of icons for the pc and mac, funny short videos with animation of ragnarok. like short of pucca(ewwww) XD but are pretty draws XD
or contest animation, comic, manga. or design new sprit for new gear etc...

too if you give some award, no only digital award, like ipods,dolls, laps. anything except video consoles cuz that is competition.

u can have a really cool web page. only visit the korean, japanes or some others of usa and :p_devil: damit that is design.

now, in the game you can set places where you need poison armor cuz the new mvp (XXXX) have all maps contaminated with poison. dunno.
ideas to interact with maps.

later guys

Edited by alerit, 07 October 2010 - 08:57 AM.

#2 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:56 AM

They used to put more effort into advertising. I remember them running a serious banner campaign in places like Newgrounds when the trans patch hit, they passed out install discs at anime conventions, etc.

I hope once Renewal is here for real and the password issues are sorted out, they launch a ginormous campaign.

Crowdsourcing a "hey, make our ad for us, best one gets a lifetime sub and a physical prize, runner ups get some KP and a smaller physical prize" sort of thing could also definitely help.

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:22 PM

Heim mentioned that they've sent Renewal articles to MMORPG.com, MMOsite, and Massively a short time ago so if those sites publish them after Renewal is up and running on iRO, it could help bring a lot of players in.

#4 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 02:41 PM

They used to put more effort into advertising. I remember them running a serious banner campaign in places like Newgrounds when the trans patch hit, they passed out install discs at anime conventions, etc.

I hope once Renewal is here for real and the password issues are sorted out, they launch a ginormous campaign.

Crowdsourcing a "hey, make our ad for us, best one gets a lifetime sub and a physical prize, runner ups get some KP and a smaller physical prize" sort of thing could also definitely help.

Totally agree, but I recall seeing Heimdallr post a while back (when they had that commercial/animated banner contest running) that they have a policy stating they don't give prizes for this sort of thing.

It really limits the quality and amount of entries they will realistically receive in any contest of this nature, sadly. People like rewards, even little ones... It's more about the recognition than anything else but we still need an incentive. It also would show Gravity was a bit more serious about the whole thing.. And it wasn't just a passing whim.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users