JChino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationVirginia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:29 PM

Hmm My brother who plays a shadow chaser has been inactive for a while now.. so ive decided to start using his SC for WoE and PvP, problem is i know nothing about the class. So my questions are..

How should i play as a Shadow Chasers, what Class to concetrate on, Etc..?
What Skills are useful for WoE/PvP?
How Should i use those skills?
What Stats should i focus on working on the most?(Might do a reset)
Which Gears Should i use? WoE Set or KvM?

His Chaser is 150/49 and for gears he has
+9 Cat Ear Beret
Well-Chewed Pencil
Glorious Suit
Quad Ancient Main Guache
+9 Cranial Immune Shield
Glorious Muffler
Glorious Shoes
2x Nimble Gloves

Any help will be appreciated and Thank You :)

#2 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 October 2012 - 05:38 PM

Hello there. Those equipments are good to start with. Replace the Main Gauche with a Combat Knife and you are good to go. I'd choose the WoE set since it is more flexible than the Glorious set.

The popular build would be the debuffer. Copy Flying Kick skill from a Taekwon, it is very useful and unbalaced. Use the skill to reach a target before debuffing them with the masquerade skills. Among the masquerade skills, I mainly use 3 of them: Ignorance, Weakness, and Gloomy. This build mainly focus on disabling a target.

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 18 October 2012 - 06:05 PM

Aside from what xFireize mentioned, Dex is one of the most important stats to invest in for the success rates of your Masquerades. Vit comes in as another priority for WoE/PvP.

#4 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:22 AM

Also, I only used well-chewed pencil if I didn't have hankerchief-in-mouth. The 3% demihuman reduction is way more useful than what the pencil +2 dex provides for divest/masq. Also, if you do decide to use two nimble gloves, the +8 dex in total is sufficient for dex bonus. However, I do again recommend you to go for more survivability - so glorious rings or dark rosaries are great. It is a preference though, and the only reason I would choose dex over rings/dark rosaries is if I had nimble orleans glove.

#5 JChino

JChino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 12:45 PM

Ah thank you all for the help XD also one more question since ill be debuffing
which classes should i aim to debuff first? or should i just debuff them all whenever i see them?

#6 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:02 PM

U take dragons away and make RK's cry

#7 JChino

JChino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:14 PM

Haha also forgot to ask i know to copy Flying kick but what should i copy with reproduce or should i even have reproduce he used to use arrow storm for leveling and hunting but i think i might do a full reset for WoE only

#8 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:40 PM

Reproduce Windmill to force people to sit down around you.

FSK>Windmill>Masquerade combo

#9 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Definetly masq RK's first, then warlock sorc, suras when they snap past u, rg.Don't bother doing gx/rangers first due to their high resistance.
For situationals you could go for SC if they are annoying, and definetly a mado-gear riding mech whos rushing to your team, or a sura trying to CC your group.

Edited by michaeleeli, 19 October 2012 - 01:55 PM.

#10 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

Haha also forgot to ask i know to copy Flying kick but what should i copy with reproduce or should i even have reproduce he used to use arrow storm for leveling and hunting but i think i might do a full reset for WoE only

Copy Flying Kick using Intimidate.

A lot of debuffer SCs use Windmill, but if I were ever to make one, I'd copy Shield Spell instead using Reproduce.

Edited by xFireize, 19 October 2012 - 01:54 PM.

#11 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Normally you'd focus on disabling Sura>RK>Sorc then maybe Mech if it's defending an emp? I don't know for sure, but that's usually my priorities.

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:35 PM

It highly depends on the situation, but enemy RK's are normally a high priority on the list when you're defending a castle during WoE2.0. Their Dragon Breath can and will destroy Barricades very quickly if you don't get rid of their mounts. If you play a Chaser yourself, you'd know the importance of stopping enemy Chasers as much as Suras and RK's.

#13 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 19 October 2012 - 02:57 PM

intimdate fly kick, reproduce crazy vines

use woe set
bdm
pencil
2x nimble bradium earrings

stat distribution has to be extreme (as in 11x int / 11x dex) and relies on +30 in foods, but i find this build to be the best in disabling. nothing even comes close to this chaser in terms of disabling, nor any other build for chaser. near instant cast + crazy vine to take out anything needed (ME/pneuma/vacuums/mechs neutral barrior/etc). obviously this build can be a lot more lenient if you hve acess to bris/sleip

i have this build for my chaser and after switching to a build that allowed for near instant or instant cast on chaser for masquerades, any previous build i had doesnt even compare

#14 JChino

JChino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

Thank you a lot for the help on this XD i think imma have fun with his chaser ./gg

#15 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2012 - 03:48 AM

Normally you'd focus on disabling Sura>RK>Sorc then maybe Mech if it's defending an emp? I don't know for sure, but that's usually my priorities.

Mechanic first! A mobile pneuma + 9*9 AoE OHKO with unbreakable Cast. Hell, get them first!

#16 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:25 AM

Yeah, when in doubt assume every Mech you see has the ability to SD too!

#17 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

I hate being late to the party.

It's really hit and run, if you stay in one spot for too long you get destroyed. Don't ever 1v1 a Sura unless you've seen them waste their CC (it's really easy to bait out tho).

Rune Knight - Gloomy
Royal Guard - Weakness, Manhole if in Inspiration
Performer - Weakness
Everything else Ignorance
Mechanics manhole if their away from you/guild to stop them from rushing in, or -_- to them and windmill into ignorance.

Mandatory Viewing:

DEX and VIT are the two main stats. Followed by INT and AGI, respectively. WCP is okay, but if you can find an Umbala's Spirit you'll be better off. Abuse the ground skills, always put Maelstrom down ontop of and after you cast Bloody Lust in choke points or places where opponents have to come to you without hitting your own guild with it.

#18 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 October 2012 - 05:45 PM

I'm just wondering, but why would you put down Maelstrom? It doesn't block a single 3rd class AoE from the testing that I've done.

#19 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:11 PM

rather, reproduce shield spell 3. Use it in conjunction with feint bomb watch how big of a difference you will do for your guild in woe.

#20 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 20 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

I'm just wondering, but why would you put down Maelstrom? It doesn't block a single 3rd class AoE from the testing that I've done.

List of 3rd Class Skills blocked by Maelstrom

Poison Smoke
Epiclesis
Comet (Wont block release comet, only manual casted Comets)
Earth Strain
Mechanic Support AoEs (cant cast on Maelstrom, but if its already up wont cancel it if you walk on it)
SC Ground skills
All ground spells from Sorcs
Hell Plant
Crazy Vines (Cant be used on Maelstrom, but its AoE portions can cut into the edges of Maelstroms AoE... hard to explain)

What you're supposed to do is Bloody Lust then Maelstrom so Bloody Lust cant be blocked by ME, gain, CV... whatever... I never used it to block skills in a defense, just to protect my own ground paint skills.

Edited by Astraeos, 20 October 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#21 JChino

JChino

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 21 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

I hate being late to the party.

It's really hit and run, if you stay in one spot for too long you get destroyed. Don't ever 1v1 a Sura unless you've seen them waste their CC (it's really easy to bait out tho).

Rune Knight - Gloomy
Royal Guard - Weakness, Manhole if in Inspiration
Performer - Weakness
Everything else Ignorance
Mechanics manhole if their away from you/guild to stop them from rushing in, or -_- to them and windmill into ignorance.

Mandatory Viewing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLn23cUDPvs

DEX and VIT are the two main stats. Followed by INT and AGI, respectively. WCP is okay, but if you can find an Umbala's Spirit you'll be better off. Abuse the ground skills, always put Maelstrom down ontop of and after you cast Bloody Lust in choke points or places where opponents have to come to you without hitting your own guild with it.

Dang I wish I had known all of this during woe on Saturday :( I was just clicking random hotkeys and didn't know what I was doing

#22 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

rather, reproduce shield spell 3. Use it in conjunction with feint bomb watch how big of a difference you will do for your guild in woe.

LOL this works? Too bad I don't have feint bomb, that would only be debuff build. So feint bomb would also proc card status (marina), weapon status (mailbreaker), and arrow status (curse arrow) effects?

#23 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 01:00 AM

Oh and I just learned a new trick of equipping holy armor, copying asperio, then cast it on enemies laughing at them not able to hit you >.>

#24 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:56 AM

Status arrows only work with long ranged physical attacks you perform. Feint Bomb is considered a Short Ranged Physical Attack. It works great with Deadly Infect.

#25 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:22 AM

Also if you feint bomb then backslide you're completely invisible even to people with mps for a few seconds. Pretty useful

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users