23 replies to this topic

#1 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 06:25 PM

I'm not sure if this has been answered.
I searched keyword "transcendent" and I couldn't find my answer.

My vali evolved, and it's level 99.
My merchant is also level 99.

I know that at level 99, I can turn into the third class, or I can choose to turn into high novice, then high merchant, and then the third class at level 99.

Would there be any special extra gain if I chose to go back to level 1 as a high novice, or it makes no difference if I just go straight to the third class?

I'm confused.....

Thanks.

:wah:

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:04 PM

I'm not sure if this has been answered.
I searched keyword "transcendent" and I couldn't find my answer.

My vali evolved, and it's level 99.
My merchant is also level 99.

I know that at level 99, I can turn into the third class, or I can choose to turn into high novice, then high merchant, and then the third class at level 99.

Would there be any special extra gain if I chose to go back to level 1 as a high novice, or it makes no difference if I just go straight to the third class?

I'm confused.....

Thanks.

:wah:

DO NOT CHANGE TO THIRD JOB WITHOUT TRANSCENDING FIRST!!!!
You will lack critical skills that your character need as a third job class, and your HP/SP will be lower - your character will suck if you don't trans before going third job.

So you have a lvl 99 Alchemist.

What you want to do is transcend http://irowiki.org/w...dent_Job_Change to become a level 1/1 high novice. You then level to high merchant again - and at job 50 high merch (you can change earlier, but you really shouldn't - get all the skill points you can), you change to a Biochemist http://irowiki.org/wiki/Biochemist .

Biochemist is a stronger version of alchemist, and gives you access to all the alchemist skills, plus Acid Bomb, FCP, ACP and plant cult, and max job level of 70 instead of 50. Acid Bomb is the skill that defines the Genetic/Biochem class, and is an absolute must-get for WoE/MVP.
You also get +20% HP/SP, and more stat points to distribute (as high novice, you start with 1 in all stats and 100 points to spend)

Once you're 99/70 biochem, then you change to genetic.

Edited by DrAzzy, 19 October 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#3 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

DO NOT CHANGE TO THIRD JOB WITHOUT TRANSCENDING FIRST!!!!

Editing in more info, just don't want you to ruin your char while i'm typing.

Thank you :P

I kept on refreshing my browser to see if I'd got a response yet.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Thank you :P

I kept on refreshing my browser to see if I'd got a response yet.

I know you were. There are certain questions where the asker always is.

#5 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

It requires 1.3mil zeny???

Oh man...........

I guess I'm not transcending tonight.....
:sob:

I just noticed something.
Google says in order to transcend, player must be no money with empty inventory.
Then, with no money, how do I pay that 1.28 something something mil zeny?

Edited by kyoosuke, 19 October 2012 - 08:56 PM.

#6 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

before u transcend, a guy at the sage academy asks u for around 1.285 mil.( keep the exact amount...not 1 zenny higher or lower.)..he'll take the fee and then u'll be left with 0 zenny..

#7 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

You pay it before the actual transcending process.

#8 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

the one that requires 0 zeny, weight, and skill point is the last step.

you can dual clienting with your other id.
either pay the fee first then trade your leftover zeny to your other char
or bring the exact 1.285.000 + kafra teleport fee on your way to juno.
dont forget to remove your cart too

#9 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Oh I see.....

Well, I don't have enough anyways, so, gotta find a way to make that much zeny....

Thank you all for helping.
:p_smile:

#10 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 10:20 PM

Sorry, one more question, what's gonna happen to my vali?

I'll have to vaporize it, and then when I get to job 50, I'll turn into creator, and then I'll be able to summon my vali again?
The same vali at level 99?

#11 Dammage

Dammage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 778 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 October 2012 - 11:22 PM

Yes, you keep your vani when you trans, same everything

#12 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread and flood the forum, so I'll just ask my question here.
I looked at the guides, but I couldn't find anything about pure brewer. There is a mechanics guide.

If I want to continue as a pure brewer through biochemist and geneticist, do I just keep on pumping dex/luk as I have been doing?

:questionmark:

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 October 2012 - 02:23 PM

I would very strongly recommend against making a pure brewer as a new player. Leveling them is hellish, and the payback just isn't there unless you have the resources to really go balls-to-the-wall potting (access to multiple god items, billions in starting money to get ranked, and multiple slave accounts to provide buffs). Competition is just too tough to make it worthwhile.

If you haven't used your once-per-character free stat+skill reset, I would save that, and make a leveling build for your biochem/genetic (SDV build as biochem, start getting int in late biochem, so you've got the int to level iwth cart cannon as genetic). Then you could either go with a pure leveling build, or get a little bit of luk, so you'd hit 100 luk unbuffed/ungeared with luk MC, making a hybrid build which could still level effectively. In either case, you'll still have that free stat+skill reset so you could reset to a pure potting build once you got 150/50 with an easy-to-level build.

#14 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 06:16 PM

Hm, I guess I chose the wrong class.... I thought "merchant" would be easier to make money.
Maybe I should have gone with thieves, with gank and mug...

Can I choose to play a different class after becoming a high novice?
I'll go check out guides for rogues and swordmen...

Edited by kyoosuke, 20 October 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

No, you can't change your job when you trans. Alchemists can only go Biochem -> Genetic.

And - I didn't say that genetic was a bad class - just that a crafter build (either alchy or blacksmith) is not a good idea for someone newish to the game, because of how much work it takes to level them and be competitive on making potions. The standard genetic builds level great, and are good in WoE and excellent on MVPing, overall a great class (they can also make money when they're near max level by making the genetic potions, where the competition isn't as tight).

Merchant classes make money via vending, and everyone must have a merchant class char to sell stuff on; on leveling though, they don't bring in good money.

#16 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 05:44 PM

No, you can't change your job when you trans. Alchemists can only go Biochem -> Genetic.

And - I didn't say that genetic was a bad class - just that a crafter build (either alchy or blacksmith) is not a good idea for someone newish to the game, because of how much work it takes to level them and be competitive on making potions. The standard genetic builds level great, and are good in WoE and excellent on MVPing, overall a great class (they can also make money when they're near max level by making the genetic potions, where the competition isn't as tight).

Merchant classes make money via vending, and everyone must have a merchant class char to sell stuff on; on leveling though, they don't bring in good money.

I see what you meant now. So, unless you can get ranked top-10, or else, it's not much profit in crafting and brewing?

Ok, I'll look into combat builds. I do want to use acid blast. It seems very damaging.

#17 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

Again, I don't want to flood the forum, so please allow me to continue questions regarding transcending.
So the trans classes can reach level 150, how many base stats can be added to 99 by level 150?
Because I read somewhere that stats over 100 (base + bonus) is a little bit of waste of stat points. Is this true?

Thanks.
:p_omg:

#18 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:22 PM

You can get 4 stats to 100 when you're 150. I suggest stopping at 100, since raising to 101 requires 5 more stat points if I remember right x-x

#19 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:35 PM

Oh, then I must have misunderstood. I didn't know stats could be raised to 100. I thought for base stats, 99 was the cap.
So, is it true that getting stats over 100 is a little bit of waste? As in, overkill

#20 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:46 PM

The cap for non-trans/trans characters is 99. Once you get 3rd job the cap becomes 120 for base stats. If you really want to, you could maybe get one stat to 110, but I find raising stats above 100 to be a waste :{ not necessarily overkill though. Since you're going to become a Geneticist, I'd do something like:

Str: 100
Agi: none
Vit: 90-100
Int : 100-110
Dex: 90-100
Luk: leftover points

That's the most standard stat build for a Geneticist. If you're brewing though, then it's all about Luk and Dex mostly.

Edited by ChellyXD, 27 October 2012 - 09:47 PM.

#21 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

With the help of my vali, I'm very tempted to go:

STR: 100
INT: 100
DEX: 100
LUK: 100

Vali makes tanking fun.

:p_laugh:

#22 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

You shouldn't ignore Vit though even with a tank :{ it's a very important stat for any class.

#23 kyoosuke

kyoosuke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:53 PM

You shouldn't ignore Vit though even with a tank :{ it's a very important stat for any class.

Hmmm.... maybe I'll take out some LUK and INT for VIT? All classes need VIT after the renewal? What about thief and swordsman classes? I know these two classes used to be agi-oriented.

#24 ChellyXD

ChellyXD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:42 PM

Int is the most important stat for a Geneticist since it's the main stat that increases your damage with skills. I'd completely take out Luk if you really don't plan to brew. If you do, you can just make a new character for brewing anyway :}. Since you can get lots of HP from level/gears as a third class, Vit helps quite a lot. Geneticists are also very squishy, so Vit would be very very helpful. :}

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users