CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 October 2010 - 04:08 AM

Since my sinx is a crit build i find myself when going against champs i get rooted a lot. Is there any way to counter this? I know once in root i cant do much but was wondering if a sinx has a skill that i can use to kill the champ and not get rooted. GT might work but usually they will just ruwach me. I was wondering if SB could work to not get rooted, cause doesnt root only work on physical attacks? So do physical skill activate it as well?

#2 Fibrizzo

Fibrizzo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1068 posts
  • LocationA Coruña/Galicia/Spain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 October 2010 - 05:18 AM

Use skills or use long ranged attacks.

#3 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:22 AM

any skills or just magic ones?

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Any skills. Root only effects normal attacks (which suck in pvp anyway)

#5 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 08 October 2010 - 04:34 PM

well when your a crit sinx root kinda sucks, so ill just have to try and sb them to death

#6 nezumi

nezumi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:07 PM

can't you use back slide to get out of it?

#7 Mwrip

Mwrip

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere...

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:23 PM

Don't forget the monk is mostly disabled too. RO's pvp is built around team combat, not 1v1. If you're rooted, your guildies (or BG team) should be there to blast the monk.

#8 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 October 2010 - 05:29 AM

@nezumi- well i was talking mostly WoE related so no i cant backslide cause it is disabled

@Mwrip- Yes i know they are disabled as well, but from the root status theya re able to gfist within the next few seconds, and during WoE i get a lot of solo missions asked of me so sometimes thats not possible, just really wanted to know how to defend myself against it if i dont have any allies http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

#9 neokenshin

neokenshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts
  • LocationDunno...they kicked me out of Hades for being too evil

Posted 13 October 2010 - 08:40 AM

@nezumi- well i was talking mostly WoE related so no i cant backslide cause it is disabled

@Mwrip- Yes i know they are disabled as well, but from the root status theya re able to gfist within the next few seconds, and during WoE i get a lot of solo missions asked of me so sometimes thats not possible, just really wanted to know how to defend myself against it if i dont have any allies http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif

Honestly the best way to avoid Root is to simply not use regular melee attacks against Monk/Champ/Suras. Unless you can drop them in a few melee hits, they'll Root you and if you're going solo...you're effectively screwed. Now that Suras get Cursed Circle, they don't even need to be hit, however...you do get the benefit of the fact that Cursed Circle doesn't last 60 seconds. Being a Champ/Sura player myself...the best advice I can give you to avoid Root is to avoid Champs/Suras completely unless you can one shot them.

#10 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 13 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

kenshin's right on this matter. If you can't one-shot them alone, avoid them altogether. If you're well-equipped, EDPed, and linked it shouldn't be hard for you to one-shot most Champs that are wearing mostly power equips for their GFists. At least...if you see a Champ GFisting someone, that means they're likely not wearing many reductions. Be sure to element convert before you attempt to SB though, because Immune Nyd Garb is a staple for many Champs these days. They also won't have flee, so don't worry about missing your target. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif;;

#11 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:21 AM

kenshin's right on this matter. If you can't one-shot them alone, avoid them altogether. If you're well-equipped, EDPed, and linked it shouldn't be hard for you to one-shot most Champs that are wearing mostly power equips for their GFists. At least...if you see a Champ GFisting someone, that means they're likely not wearing many reductions. Be sure to element convert before you attempt to SB though, because Immune Nyd Garb is a staple for many Champs these days. They also won't have flee, so don't worry about missing your target. http://forums.warppo...tyle_emoticons/default/happy.gif;;

Your server must have bad champs... Define power equips for champs.... that make their ability to survive lower?

Posted Image

I can default that set up in woe and drop people w/o a problem. Cant wait to get my incu sunnies :lol:

#12 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:23 AM

13k hp is an easy 1-shot for a decent SinX on a champ with no reductions. xD Feather Beret is a defensive gear. If you wanted to do more dmg with GFist, you wouldn't be wearing that. At least, what I'm trying to say is, power equips in terms of maximizing GFist dmg.

Edited by GuardianTK, 13 October 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#13 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:31 AM

lol you think so?

It takes 130(w/ foods) str/Bsb+shackle/medal/buffs/foods/link/edp/robo/GMG/pirate just to hit 12.7k tops in woe, how many people run around defaulting that set up very few. Now if you toss in megs thats another story.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:46 AM

lol you think so?

It takes 130(w/ foods) str/Bsb+shackle/medal/buffs/foods/link/edp/robo/GMG/pirate just to hit 12.7k tops in woe, how many people run around defaulting that set up very few. Now if you toss in megs thats another story.

That's weird. Quite a few SinX's have been doing roughly 12k+ with linked EDP SB without Megs to my Stalker's full Glorious Set+CK+FBeret+Cranial in WoE lately. Maybe the SinX's on your server suck or something? Meh...And you're not even wearing full demi reduction gears on that screenie. Nice equips though. <3 It's also very common to run into SinX's with a common setup like that in Valk. So I don't know...Foods aren't needed, from what I know.

#15 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 13 October 2010 - 11:51 AM

lol you are doing something wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users