Basic information on ROSE Online, New Players & Steam Users. - General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Basic information on ROSE Online, New Players & Steam Users.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 24 October 2012 - 04:16 PM

So the last two days of the Steam Release let the flood gates open on ROSE, with that being said there was also a large amount that had no idea what was going on or what did what in the game so here is a small informational post for you all!

Classes/Jobs!

General Descriptions

Spoiler

Stats!

What do they do?

Spoiler

Making Money early on

Picking up items and selling them to NPCs can seem like it will take forever to make a large impact on your wallet, but it will help and what else are you going to do with all that junk armor, weapons, and other items you pick up along the way?

Begging for money is the easiest way to lose friends and potential friends in the game, no one wants to hear "Can I please have some money?". Also once someone says "No" once please refrain from asking again, you will annoy that person and they just be someone who could have helped you out later on!

Button(s) to remember

Tab, Makes you walk or run. When at 100% Weight you will walk until you get under 100%.

New Changes of Importance/things to know!

Extra Posts to help you out! They may be old and outdated but they can still help someone.
Making decent money at low levels - Calder
Visitor Starting Guide - Lybis
Official List of Quests and Guides - Rawrr
An Introductory Guide to ROSE - Margay
ROSE Online Compendium - PurpleYuko
ROSE Wiki - Everyone that helps add content to it!

Edits:
  • Added the New Changes section
  • Added more to the New Changes section
  • Added more links (Compendium and Wiki)
  • Added Edits :P
  • Added more information like how to exit the game, making money early on, and more. Added More Links!!

Edited by Zurn, 29 October 2012 - 11:38 AM.

#2 yeoldknight

yeoldknight

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationNone of your business
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 October 2012 - 07:34 PM

This is what makes you awesome, old friend.

#3 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:02 PM

Well done zurn!

#4 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

this thread should be pinned. or maybe moved somewhere people are more likely to see it? i think it would help new players a lot

#5 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 27 October 2012 - 06:24 PM

Great start Zurn. I have been in Leo helping noobs a lot these last few days. A few suggestions from what they keep asking me.
1. A picture somewhere, maybe even a loading screen for new players, of what a GM will look like. There seem to be some fake ones running around the noobs lately.
2. being in a party gives more experience then leveling alone.
3. a lot are having a hard time figuring out where their skills and stuff are - the right hand panel of symbols.
4. a lot do not know how to log out of the game.
5. I keep telling them to pick up all the drops and how to hit atl and ctl a few time and the drops will show up permanently for them. That seems to help them. And they should sell their stuff to the NPCs for zulie.
6. so many want to know what stats to put in for whichever class they are going for. A lot are upset because they put stats where they don't need them. Maybe you could put the main stats by the class descriptions. I know people have different opinions on these and once they hit 100 it might change some but I think in general helping them with things like for muse go all int or int with con to your level. Things like the basics might help. A lot are putting in charm and sen which doesn't really help them.

You are doing a great job. I just hope that more come on the forums. Maybe a shout at the top by the Devs to check the forums for help might be good.

#6 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:45 AM

Added a few things, edited the wiki to add a few more things, linked the poop out of the last section, added a small money making guide thingy, and last but not least currently making two more threads identical to this one, one in the main section and one on steam.

#7 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 October 2012 - 02:41 AM

Nice Zurn. I have been helping new players a lot and I will try to post here when something that might be helpful to them comes up. Good work!!

#8 rensukiEru

rensukiEru

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:53 PM

nice!!! awesome, now I got a feel of the game

#9 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:01 AM

Thanks, when I get home I think some weekend I will have to add quite a bit more to this and the wiki.

Yay vacation for taking me away from my normal routine~

#10 3174121216193856843

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Steam

Posted 21 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

although i read this one late but it did help me a lot .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users