Four Horsemen of the ROSEpocalypse! (Winners and Server Event) - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Four Horsemen of the ROSEpocalypse! (Winners and Server Event)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
61 replies to this topic

#26 Cloudius

Cloudius

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

This is quite interesting. But my vote went to Group 2 because I am biased. :Emo_12:

Pumpkin King ftw!

#27 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I can clearly tell you tried to base it of Viktor Vasnetsov's painting of the four horsemen - 1887. But it was poorly executed.

scream mask doesn't look like famine, famine could be brought on by poverty illness disease. if anything 'scary face' would have worked fine without a mask.
White ninja set? for conquest? naw. Conquest isn't represented as that type of horsemen, it's more a royal, power hungry entity.
war looks good.
the mount for death i agree with. none of that costume, MAYBE the helm, but seriously, it looks like a pinned up maid with a dollar store viking helm lol.

maybe the colors were right, or as close as you could get, but the actual pieces dont make any sense. and are [to me] not aesthetically pleasing. -all personal opinion-

Even if it's your personal opinion, it sounds kind of harsh lol.

Me, I like all three, wouldn't care if I lost. Everyone put effort in this (I think/hope). And I liked doing it, guessing others did too.

#28 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

The thing is Feur all can look at so many images of the 4 horsemen and get different things out of them. And even the bible reads a bit differently. That is the beauty of these kinds of things, they are left to interpretation. I have not said any are right or wrong, I was simply stating our ideas and took offense to your comment that no one thought it through. Actually I think all did and that was rude of you to say. All interpreted it differently, which is good. Again, it is a matter of opinion and friendships and alliances. And that is as it should be. But I don't agree with cutting each other down for a good effort or telling anyone that they are wrong in how they dressed. That is just rude and negative.

#29 MrHokage

MrHokage

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:54 PM

I can clearly tell you tried to base it of Viktor Vasnetsov's painting of the four horsemen - 1887. But it was poorly executed.

scream mask doesn't look like famine, famine could be brought on by poverty illness disease. if anything 'scary face' would have worked fine without a mask.
White ninja set? for conquest? naw. Conquest isn't represented as that type of horsemen, it's more a royal, power hungry entity.
war looks good.
the mount for death i agree with. none of that costume, MAYBE the helm, but seriously, it looks like a pinned up maid with a dollar store viking helm lol.

maybe the colors were right, or as close as you could get, but the actual pieces dont make any sense. and are [to me] not aesthetically pleasing. -all personal opinion-

if you want something done right... You've got to do it yourself

#30 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

Feuer, just so you know, I was wearing the vamp suit, not the maid suit. Again, I did not own, nor could afford to buy the ghost costume. You say that we just wanted to show off our expensive sets? I picked the closest set I had, not the most expensive. I am sorry you did not like it.

#31 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

Yeah, it's really tough to come up with something that perfectly matches. If it wasn't for the ghost set I borrowed from someone for the event (I can't afford that -_- either), I'd still be stuck looking for something good.

#32 VolunteerMod10

VolunteerMod10

I am New.

• VMod Retired
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:51 PM

Let's keep this competition light-hearted and ROSE-community-friendly, yes?
Topic cleaned up a bit.

#33 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:09 PM

By cleaned up you mean removing my post about how I feel none of them captured what I imagined sure :D they didn't, but I naturally voted for the closest. Being group 2~

#34 VolunteerMod10

VolunteerMod10

I am New.

• VMod Retired
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:13 PM

No, I intentionally left the post where you calmly stated how you felt about the contestants. I deleted the post where you began cursing out members of our community. Now we can all drop this and enjoy finding out who will win :)

#35 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:00 PM

when they gonna close this voting thread ??

#36 SabbyYo

SabbyYo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:38 PM

Tomorrow I believe. Gl to everyone! Whoever wins it was fun :)

#37 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:54 AM

Bla Bla Bla just vote already.

#38 lovelumi

lovelumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Location5 mins to MRT
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:23 AM

i think it shud be closed already? lolo

#39 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

i hope they make leo and drco 1 server so we can have fun with drco players :p_devil:

#40 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 05:44 AM

They said Voting will close today at 2pm server time.

#41 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:37 AM

good luck to all, voted for the ones i know in the game ^^ team 1

#42 SabbyYo

SabbyYo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:39 AM

I hope they check for multiple accounts before this is over

#43 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

What has really been funny is that some from Draco are yelling at those from Leo for making this into a Draco vs Leo contest and not about the entries (see other posts on forums). But when a few of us were in Draco a number of times over the weekend we saw people all chatting in All Chat that they have to beat Leonis Server and be sure to vote for the #2 entry. The talking went on all weekend as did the buying votes from noobs and convincing noobs to vote, etc. Yet it is supposedly the Leo server people trying to make this a Draco vs Leo thing? On Sunday I shouted a few times in Leo to ask people to go to the forums and Vote for #1 or #3 to beat Draconis but after I saw how well it was working on Draco, lol. But if this were really a vote for Draco vs Leo, Leo would still win with the combined votes, just saying.

The accusations are silly and the Draco players are doing this more than the Leo players, yet coming in the forums saying they are not. Just admit it, it is no big deal. Competition is good, even though this contest was not about either server that is what it turned into. No big deal, but at least admit it and stop trying to act like Leo players are so hateful and bad. It is just fun competition. And if we get more forums users out of the competition then all the better.

And Grats to whatever team wins. All did a good job and hopefully had fun.

Edited by Bendersmom, 29 October 2012 - 08:47 AM.

#44 gizmo025

gizmo025

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:21 AM

Cool essay bro.. after i read it, you are the one that being hateful. so stop pretending nice :P
Went to Draco just to spy on them? And yet you said "Just admit it, it is no big deal.
LMAO i just can't stop laughing at your post.
All i know, i voted for free. No one paying me. Stop accuse people. That is NOT nice at all.

#45 lovelumi

lovelumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Location5 mins to MRT

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:24 AM

1. how come u judge that someone who ask to make this leo vs draco is a guy from draco? lollllll he even didnt put any server that he's played.

2. we didnt buy or pay of any vote that we ask.. we just kindly ask friends and it's okay if they wont vote us.. we didnt force we didnt pay and we didnt buy ANY VOTE :)

3. if it's not a big deal why r u guys keep ragging on this competition? how funny..

and yes competition is fun w/o any ragging..

#46 xBlack

xBlack

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 490 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:29 AM

1. how come u judge that someone who ask to make this leo vs draco is a guy from draco? lollllll he even didnt put any server that he's played.

2. we didnt buy or pay of any vote that we ask.. we just kindly ask friends and it's okay if they wont vote us.. we didnt force we didnt pay and we didnt buy ANY VOTE :)

3. if it's not a big deal why r u guys keep ragging on this competition? how funny..

and yes competition is fun w/o any ragging..

how funny will be if u come to leo

Edited by xBlack, 29 October 2012 - 09:31 AM.

#47 lovelumi

lovelumi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Location5 mins to MRT

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:35 AM

what so funny about leo?

#48 gizmo025

gizmo025

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:37 AM

Oh LEO is funny? i might play there then :P

#49 MangupaT

MangupaT

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationKosovo

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:41 AM

Just play both better.!

#50 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 October 2012 - 09:52 AM

Cool essay bro.. after i read it, you are the one that being hateful. so stop pretending nice :P
Went to Draco just to spy on them? And yet you said "Just admit it, it is no big deal.
LMAO i just can't stop laughing at your post.
All i know, i voted for free. No one paying me. Stop accuse people. That is NOT nice at all.

LOL I have characters on both servers, but I usually play on Leo. Spy? that is just funny. What is there to spy on in Rose? This is not high espionage. And if you read any other parts of the Rose Forums you would see all of the posts about Leo vs Draco lately, or I should say again. I did not accuse anyone of anything. I was replying to all of the Leo vs Draco posts and about them not really relating to this contest, yet once again it has turned into that.

I actually saw people on both servers stating that they would pay people to go to the forums and place a vote....but again it was not really for an entry it was for a server. I just find it funny that there is so much rivalry between the servers. And I was saying that as long as it gets people onto the forums then I guess the rivalry is ok and just for fun.

But go ahead and be mean or w/e...it just goes to prove my point that both servers are really the same....both have nice people, both have idiots, both have hateful people, both have bad economies, etc.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users