[Classic] Rogue vs. Assassin question. - Thief Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[Classic] Rogue vs. Assassin question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 IIggy

IIggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:47 AM

Hi everyone! So I am right now in decision making mode and cannot find any concrete information regarding classic characters (that are built for classic without the intention of transcending). I am interested in PvP and want to roll a thief class, but I have a few questions first...

My main question is in PvP (particularly WoE, but not limited to it) which 2nd thief class, assassin or rogue, is better? I understand there may not be a right or wrong answer, but I would like to hear opinions and a brief description on why you feel like a certain class outshines the other. Also if you could give a base stat and skill build for pvp, so I can use that in my own decisions given the gear I have/can afford.

At first I was going to roll assassin because I have made an equip crit sin and absolutely loved it. However, if I did roll assassin this time around I would go katar/chick hat. However, I have never played a rogue and pretty much always saw the class as a farming character used primarily by bots. I have heard good things about rogues in the past few days which has sparked my interest and is the main driving force behind this thread. I love assassins and would typically go that route, but the novelty of a rogue might be something I would enjoy.

Before you reply you should know a few more things about my accounts. I have a buff/healslave that I can use for myself, and I am in the process of leveling an endow sage. I also have about 40m in liquid funds that I can use on gearing either the assasin or the rogue (I can sell off other items if something is expensive but necessary for the build in PvP).

Thanks for your time!

#2 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:22 AM

If you think Rogues are only a class for farming, you are sadly mistaken and haven't seen them in action in WoE. Unless your enemies have Chemical Protection on them, they are going to get Divested pretty easily. Back in Pre-Renewal, Crit Sins/SinX were always a huge target for Rogues/Stalkers for Divest skills. This goes without saying that there wasn't much need to have a high amount of Dex in Pre-Renewal WoE's either, so Divest skills coming from pure Divest Rogue/Stalkers were a great annoyance to people without Chemical Protection. Pre-Renewal Rogues/Stalkers were viable as a debuffer class, but their use declined soon after Trans classes were made to include Biochemists who had Full Chemical Protection (Which rendered many Divest Stalker players useless in their role of playing the debuffer in WoE).

#3 IIggy

IIggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:20 AM

I do have very limited experience in WoE and PvP as a whole. How do rogues compare from a dps standpoint in WoE?

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:01 PM

Horrible

They are the opposites of Sin. As Sin is meant for offense, the Rogue is meant more for debuff/support.

#5 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:01 AM

If you do not have FCP, rogue will strip all of your stuff. Even with max flee and more DEX than them, they always go for my gear. Then, if I have FCP they drop the magic pit and then spam LOL. The only thing I don't get spammed on me is Masquarade becasue apparently I'm immune.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

If you do not have FCP, rogue will strip all of your stuff. Even with max flee and more DEX than them, they always go for my gear. Then, if I have FCP they drop the magic pit and then spam LOL. The only thing I don't get spammed on me is Masquarade becasue apparently I'm immune.

Chasers and Masquerades didn't exist in Pre-Renewal..............

Just know that FCP won't appear for quite a while until Trans classes are released. Until then, Rogues are a great debuff/supporter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users