#1 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Ugh, I feel like mine is incredibly weak, even for an SC. I was doing the mid TI and my level 10 AS was hitting around 18k, which isn't enough to one-shot anything. Is this normal or are there better gears out there for boosting the damage?

#2 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 06 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Don't be sad that is actually strong for a chaser. Even with the best possible gears you won't be dealing 30k damage arrow storm without WW set.

#3 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:54 AM

Yeah, I tried to go for pure AS damage but honestly it's kind of useless if you can't one-shot the mobs so I just let the Rangers do the job while I stand back and heal people, haha.

#4 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Thor

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:04 PM

I know his question is irrelevant to the topic but have you considered using SR instead? I know it drains a lot of SP but it has higher DPS damage than AS and you can use riderword hat for sp and hp leeching.

#5 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 03:57 PM

(Un)interestingly enough, my SC's stats were built for using Severe Rainstorm, but ever since the balance patch, I figured that Arrow Storm was the better choice. Since my stats haven't changed though, I might try that out with a RWH (or St. Patrick's Hat, ahaha).

#6 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil/Chaos

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

The RWC Rings are a huge booster to SC's AS. Sadly they are leaving today. For both Rings getting FS3, you get +48ATK without counting the stat bonus. A good substitute for those rings would be a ROFL (+15atk). The best thing you could do is a RWC Ring + Bloodied shackle ball, which gives +74ATK. Sadly i sold mines a week ago and kinda regret. With +% equips (exceeding, evil marching hat, hbp, etc) you can easily reach 25k w/o endows. Then copy asperio for the undead TI and you reach 30k. Tadaaaaah

#7 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:24 PM

My chaser never even went that high back when I was in range for those TIs so... I wouldn't feel too bad about it.

You can, I suppose in theory, reach a somewhat decent damage output with a SC but in terms of damage rangers will probably always out you. Even if you're willing to find the gear, is it really worth investing that much into? I doubt you intend to stay AS build forever. I resorted to mostly pulling mobs during TIs so I don't feel completely useless.. oooooof course gwings sometimes make it kind of hard to even do that. :v

I also heard past a certain point IB chaser fairs better then an AS one? Never tried it personally so I'm not entirely sure.

Edited by Alaska, 06 November 2012 - 04:25 PM.

#8 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 04:54 PM

Byorgue is way out of my budget. Forever poor.

Posted Image

I didn't invest much in my SC's gears because I'm kind of broke and also I happened to have some appropriate stuff in storage (and I won't be using AS forever). Anyway, I'll probably try to get some cheap Porcellio armor and maybe the BSB or, if ever possible, another 2xFS3 ring, but with my luck, yeah right.

Edited by mintypudding, 06 November 2012 - 04:56 PM.

#9 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 12:16 AM

Are you on valk? In ygg, byorgue used to be dead cheap, then since no one sold it a long time someone jumped up the price...
Porcellio armor with +3 dex enchant is a great choice as a substitute. I put mine in an armor of naga so that when I normally attacked and it proc, it would even do more damage, although it's not reliable at all.

Oh jk I know you you're on ygg haha. Wow you sound so much calmer on forums. Bought byorue when it used to be 5mil-10mil, and sold one for 15mil later =p Unlucky you~~
I remember discussing this with you and we have almost the exact same equips. For mid-headgear, robo-eye would have more output on AS. Lower headgear pirate dagger/red scarf (+5atk) is better than WCP. Some headgears that give +10% total atk (like the new halloween hat) is also slightly better than EMH, but I use EMH anyways.

Remember to copy & use asperio for more undead damage xd

Edited by michaeleeli, 07 November 2012 - 12:17 AM.

#10 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 07 November 2012 - 04:29 PM

So a +9 Evil marching hat is the best head gear if your planning on using AS or SR right?

And also what card are you going to compound evil marching hat with? What do you think about using a kathyrn keyron card(dunno if I spelled it correctly)

@mintypudding

How's your SR/AS damage with those equips?

Edited by Usurper, 07 November 2012 - 04:45 PM.

#11 michaeleeli

michaeleeli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2784 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:48 AM

+10ATK% hat is better, although I can't remember any at the top of my head besides the halloween event hat, and it's only temporary.
I carded vanberk just because my auto-mech uses it too. Don't put anything else in as there are no helpful headgear cards for AS except SP recovery/MAX SP cards, which isn't good in EMH

#12 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:44 PM

Thanks for the tips, bicks. Crap, I sold my Robo Eyes months ago. Oh, but I bet something like a Dark Pinguicula mid would help a lot, too. So it's time for me to save up for a lot of new stuff. :p_cry:

#13 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 12 November 2012 - 03:39 PM

I know this topic is about to die but, how's your SR damage on pvp? right now I'm very happy with my stat and skill build. I also find Triangle shot very useful if paired with SR.

#14 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:09 PM

Big Crossbow is already here, lets hope they will put in Thief Crossbow too :p_love:

Edited by Darksorrow1234, 29 November 2012 - 11:10 PM.

#15 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:35 PM

Big Crossbow is already here, lets hope they will put in Thief Crossbow too :p_love:

Thief Crossbow has a really crappy effect.

#16 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:43 AM

but but but having 2 slots & a lvl 4 weapon is not too shabby :heh:

#17 Usurper

Usurper

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1743 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:02 PM

Hi., do you have links for those 2 bows mentioned? thanks, can't find it anywhere

How's Triangle's shot damage in your servers?

Edited by Usurper, 30 November 2012 - 03:11 PM.

#18 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:06 PM

I think I've mentioned it before, but Orc Archer Bow offers +50% ranged damage. That's overall damage. Even if the Thief Bow has a higher attack and 2 slots, it will still pale in comparison to an Orc Archer Bow. /facepalm

And Usurper, I've said it before. Triangle Shot on iRO is trash. Pure trash. Anyone who thinks otherwise is just wasting away half of their skill tree.

#19 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:58 PM

Expert Archer 3 on arch angel wings please :)
A boost to SC's! Yay!

#20 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 01 December 2012 - 06:15 PM

Expert Archer 3 on arch angel wings please :)
A boost to SC's! Yay!

+9 HBP is still cheaper and better.

#21 sofico

sofico

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 731 posts
  • Server:New Chaos

Posted 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM

Yeah I realized that later. 10% more ranged with hbp, vs 6% on AA. Makes me sad. I do like 10-12k with lvl 6 AS. (Didn't max my reproduce yet). Sad sad sad. Oab helps a lot but not enough.

#22 Ahrooo

Ahrooo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:32 AM

Using Sightless Mind before Arrow Storm helps. I went from doing 18k to 22k on Violas :D Pretty tedious though.

#23 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:14 PM

Freezing the monsters with Frost Nova is far better than Sightless Mind. Frozen status reduces Def, which is beneficial for Arrow Storm.

#24 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

I know this topic is about to die but, how's your SR damage on pvp? right now I'm very happy with my stat and skill build. I also find Triangle shot very useful if paired with SR.

No matter what you do, the damage you will give with SR is more than with AS, but AS is more instant in its casting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users