- Players have a safe zone, but are teleported to the center of the map after 2 minutes.
- Players are unable to return to the safe zone until they die.
- Winning a Golem RVR requires getting the enemy's golem to a lower hp than your own golem. This is possible to do even if no one on the other side shows up.
- It's very rare this event results in a draw for this reason. The only way the event can end in a draw is if there is a good Cleric on each side that can keep the golem's hp capped.
- Level 1-10 RVR should have level 10 archers in the front, and level 13 archers behind that. (A 30% level increase)
- Level 11-20 RVR should have level 20 archers in the front, and level 25 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
- Level 21-30 RVR should have level 30 archers in the front, and level 37 archers behind that. (A 23.33% level increase)
- Level 31-40 RVR should have level 40 archers in the front, and level 50 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
- Level 41-50 RVR should have level 50 archers in the front, and level 62 archers behind that. (A 24% level increase)
- Level 51-60 RVR should have level 60 archers in the front, and level 75 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
- Level 61-68 RVR should have level 68 archers in the front, and level 85 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
- Level 61-70 RVR should have level 70 archers in the front, and level 87 archers behind that. (A 24.29% level increase)
- Level 71-80 RVR should have level 80 archers in the front, and level 100 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
- Level 81-90 RVR should have level 90 archers in the front, and level 112 archers behind that. (A 24.44% level increase)
- Level 91-100 RVR should have level 100 archers in the front, and level 125 archers behind that. (A 25% level increase)
The second thing I do not like about RVR is the fact that we are able to go afk behind our level 100 guards, go do a given task, and come back knowing we got some exp out of not being there. This is partly due to the fact that no one can pass level 100 archers until maybe the later RVR levels, wich is still very difficult, and partly due to the fact that there is no time limit to how long you can stay in a safe zone. The Golem games have a time limit of 2 minutes. If you try to go afk, you will be teleported into the center of the map, after which you will be stealthed for 10 seconds, then subject to the enemy players' attacks. Adding this to the Arenas would be a great step forward. If I went afk, I would know for sure that I would eventually be killed and loose the match, assuming I was the only one on my side.
This idea still leaves one problem. After coming out of their base, players are able to stay right in front of their base, then run back in when the fighting starts so that they don't die. In the golem games, it is impossible to go back to your base after you are teleported out. What if players had a 2 minute limit to how long they can stay in their base, and could not run within 10m of their archers again. If they die, they would be able to ressurrect in their base, which would be the only way they would be able to return to their base, just like in the golem games. This would make sure players have to actually fight in the center of the map, and one side or the other will get killed. Of course, you could have a ranger who stays in stealth the entire time, which leads me to the 3rd thing I do not like about the Champion Arena RVR. Players are able to run into the enemy's base, all the way up to the back wall if they aren't killed by the guards.
You can win the Golem RVR by dealing damage to the enemy's golem. It is possible to win even if no enemy players show up, or you cannot find any stealthed Rangers on their side. If the enemy team wants to hide, they can be sure they will loose the match. In the Champion Arena RVR, even if my above ideas (or something similar) is added, it will still be possible to join a match you cannot win. If no enemy players show up, or a ranger that does show up stays in stealth, the match will end in a draw after everyone has wasted 15 minutes of their time. What if there was a secondary objective? For example, let's say there is a crystal in between the front row of archers at each base, and the first row of the high level archers. With some coordination, players can get close enough to the enemy's base to deal damage to this crystal. They would have to be in range of the enemy's archers, which will make getting in range of that crystal difficult, but not impossible. The primary objective of the match will be to get the most kills, and the secondary objective will be lowering the hit points of this crystal. If both sides get the same number of kills, whoever dealt more damage to the enemy's crystal will win the match. If one side gets more kills, but the enemy deals more damage to their crystal, they still win the match, since kills is the primary objective. The crystals only matter in the event of a tie on kills. If both sides get the same number of kills, and deal the same amount of damage to each others' crystals, the match will end in a tie. The odds of this happening should be very rare, since getting both crystals to say 87.567% hp is quite difficult. Should clerics be able to heal these crystals? I think it won't hurt, since this is a secondary objective, and it will be possible to win even if a cleric camps their crystal. The cleric will be kicked out of the base after 2 minutes anyway.
What should these crystals be like? I think the crystals should be the level of the high level archers in the match, and should have an amount of hp similar to the amount of hp Golems in RVR have for each match. They should have a rather large hp pool, but stats that scale with the level match they are placed in, just like the archers. Just in case someone doesn't feel like scrolling up to see my listing of levels for each RVR Arena, I will list what level the crystals should be in each match:
- Level 1-10 RVR should have a level 13 crystal.
- Level 11-20 RVR should have a level 25 crystal.
- Level 21-30 RVR should have a level 37 crystal.
- Level 31-40 RVR should have a level 50 crystal.
- Level 41-50 RVR should have a level 62 crystal.
- Level 51-60 RVR should have a level 75 crystal.
- Level 61-68 RVR should have a level 85 crystal.
- Level 61-70 RVR should have a level 87 crystal.
- Level 71-80 RVR should have a level 100 crystal.
- Level 81-90 RVR should have a level 112 crystal.
- Level 91-100 RVR should have a level 125 crystal.