Changes to Luk and it's Bonuses - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Changes to Luk and it's Bonuses

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

At the current design, Luk stats is purely (or sometimes almost) trash. The only reason one pump Luk stat is to waste the remaining points because there is no possible way to boost other more focused stats [this is obtained from investigation over some threads and may be wrong]. So, I propose a change in the way Luk works.

What is retained:
Crit Rate.
Perfect Dodge.
Damage.
Status Resistance based from Luk.

What is discarded:
Hit Rate.
Flee Rate.

What is added:
Crit Damage.
Crit Overstrike.

Crit Overstrike is a new form of ensuring an attack lands, but only for critical attacks. This effect is a by-chance application when a critical attack miss. Damage is dealt at [(Total Crit Damage Value - Crit Damage from Luk)/2] + Crit Damage from Luk. Base Crit Overstrike is 1(%) and increases by 1 every 2 Luk. This is shown in the status window after normal Hit Rate (IE: Hit Rate + Crit Overstrike. Same way Flee Rate + Perfect Dodge is shown).

Crit Damage is the same as EQ and Cards that boost Damage value, but is flat damage increment upon critical hit. Damage dealt from Crits will be boosted by 1 per Luk with a Base Crit Damage of 5. Additionally, Cards and EQs that boost Crit Damage % will also increase this value. Size and race modifier from Cards and EQs does not increase the value but Size of monster does not decrease the damage either.

I believe that with this change, Luk will once again play a more important role in stat building. Some of these values can be changed to reduce the overpowering idea but I really think that the current Luk needs to go. There is almost no benefit of taking Luk other than some slight boost in crit and damage, as well as wasting points.

Edited by matrixEXO, 09 November 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#2 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:29 AM

*pats your face*
Poor boy has no idea how useful luk is as of of now

Luk increases, by marginal amounts, Atk and Matk,
Also the perfect dodge activates AFTER actual flee, effectively giving the player a second chance to dodge, of course perfect dodge doesn't increase by much from Luk, and that is what needs to be changed

And if you ask a crit assassin they enjoy those extra points in flee

And lastly, every 5 luk DECREASES the attackers chance of landing a critical hit

You mah have known this? But you probably don't realize this stuff is extremely helpful to certain builds
My maestro build (which most laugh at) utilizes luk and really likes that extra flee

#3 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 07:15 AM

*pats your face*
Poor boy has no idea how useful luk is as of of now

Luk increases, by marginal amounts, Atk and Matk,
Also the perfect dodge activates AFTER actual flee, effectively giving the player a second chance to dodge, of course perfect dodge doesn't increase by much from Luk, and that is what needs to be changed

And if you ask a crit assassin they enjoy those extra points in flee

And lastly, every 5 luk DECREASES the attackers chance of landing a critical hit

You mah have known this? But you probably don't realize this stuff is extremely helpful to certain builds
My maestro build (which most laugh at) utilizes luk and really likes that extra flee

So far, the threads that I checked for Crit sin says that Crit sin is best to be built around EQ. Heck, one even scorns Luk as something that shouldn't even be upped unless you got no other places to pump points into.

BTW, is building pure Luk-Agi for normal Sin good in terms of trying to level? I have a hard time leveling.

Edited by matrixEXO, 10 November 2012 - 07:17 AM.

#4 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

So far, the threads that I checked for Crit sin says that Crit sin is best to be built around EQ. Heck, one even scorns Luk as something that shouldn't even be upped unless you got no other places to pump points into.

BTW, is building pure Luk-Agi for normal Sin good in terms of trying to level? I have a hard time leveling.

It may be one of the strongest builds for Assassin, but it is also one of the most expensive considering the amount of cards and equipments it takes to maintain having a high enough Crit and damage output to make the build effective.

Only thing I can think of that might be more expensive than leveling a Crit Assassin is leveling a Dual Dagger Assassin.

The strongest builds are not always the easiest...

Also there is two types of Luk...

Classic
http://irowiki.org/classic/Luk#LUK

Renewal
http://irowiki.org/wiki/Luk#LUK

Crit Assassin in Renewal is not as effective as Crit Assassin in Classic.

#5 matrixEXO

matrixEXO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 01:43 PM

Classic

Renewal

As far as stat-wise goes, I'm seeing Luk Assassins in Renewal much stronger. Based on what is shown, Luk in Renewal grants more bonuses than Luk in Classic, or so how I see it. Besides, the idea of the question was mainly to reason out why Luk is underwhelming to level up during leveling phases. I do agree that building Crit builds in Classic is way better since it means having 100% DEF penetration but at the same time, building Luk in Classic is not better than Renewal due to the fact that it does not grant Hit Rate.

But I see what you mean when you talk about building CRIT as in general and I see where you are getting in terms of my research. Thank you for clarifying this matter.

#6 p4r4d0x999

p4r4d0x999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 488 posts
  • LocationNewerth
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:44 PM

i do want that too... Its hard for critter GX nowadays to get high enough damage. Since crit damage isnt as awesome in Classic. Instead of getting bonus from LUK stats. Its better if somehow we can get bonus damage from `Crit` sub-status.

Lets say, if you have 60 Crit means you have 120% crit chance (by default, before reduced by enemy LUK). You also get 20% [(Crit/3)x100%] defense bypass or 20% extra critical damage.

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:42 AM

It may be one of the strongest builds for Assassin, but it is also one of the most expensive considering the amount of cards and equipments it takes to maintain having a high enough Crit and damage output to make the build effective.

Only thing I can think of that might be more expensive than leveling a Crit Assassin is leveling a Dual Dagger Assassin.

The strongest builds are not always the easiest...

Classic

Renewal

Wat, crit assassin in woe/pvp is pretty much useless in classic except for breaking emps until icepick comes out O_o

Crit assassin in renewal actually is effective coupled with gx poisons

#8 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Wat, crit assassin in woe/pvp is pretty much useless in classic except for breaking emps until icepick comes out O_o

Crit assassin in renewal actually is effective coupled with gx poisons

Not as effective since the WoE Sets came out, but great for MVPing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users