{c}Upgrade songs with gear - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

{c}Upgrade songs with gear

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

There are several 'song' type skills such as gypsies kiss, magic strings, and neutral barrier. While these songs can give some great buffs in game to the receivers, they generally are really boring classes to play as. When I talk to people who play bards, dancers, and even mado mechs all i hear is how dreadfully not fun the classes are. After all, just activating a 'stand around skill' is pretty darn dull. The game shouldn't be dull, it should be fun.

My proposal to fix this dilemma is just a light touch from gear implementation. The 'upgrade song' gear would allow the caster of the song some unlocked skill or self buff that will both reward them for casting the song and make their game play experience more involved.

Some idea's would be;
When a Gypsy casts 'slow grace', and for the next 15 seconds her arrow Vulcan will cast 'decrease agi' on enemies when a 'black garter' accessory is worn.
When a Bard casts 'magic strings' and then casts 'song of lutie', he unlocks 'improvised song' for the next 15 seconds when a 'star struck guitar' is equiped.
When a Gypsy casts lady luck, her pride protects her and she gets +3x skill level perfect dodge when a Kafra band is on.

Granted these aren't the only possibilities just a start. The skills/buffs unlocked could be ones from renewal that will never grow on classic, unique ones to the GM's own design, or already in game skill cross overs (like decrease agi and arrow vulcan) to make the skills more interesting. Anywho hope you give it a thought

Edited by Rumm, 29 November 2012 - 06:28 PM.

#2 Patches131

Patches131

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ygg

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:51 PM

I hate playing my Maestro. It's the only thing I have at 150 and leveling anything new to 150 would take forever. Worked so long on this character and its been ruined since Renewal. I wish they would fix this class. If it weren't for my guild, I wouldn't be playing RO anymore because of what they did to this class.

#3 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:47 PM

I have tons if fun playing my maestro, given I'm not a support build anyhow

#4 Rumm

Rumm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:00 AM

^Huh? What do you do with it then?
@patches; got any gear idea's to make the class suck less?

#5 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

Maybe classic is different, but I find dancer to be pretty fun... ^^; dazzler spam! Making monks angry, and surviving fists with the help of a soul linker's kaupe <3

Edited by ceinchase, 14 December 2012 - 05:51 AM.

#6 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I mob with SR and break emps with a berserk guitar and a violy card :P

Edited by Joatmon, 14 December 2012 - 01:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users