Advance Stats (AGI) for Genetics? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Advance Stats (AGI) for Genetics?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • LocationLost inside the Hazy Effin Maze!!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:35 AM

How much agi should i get for my genetic to be able to maximize my effectiveness in pvp? and still deal 20k+ damage with my hell plant. Im currently sitting on 45 agi only and i feel ilke im squishy as hell. Ive seen some geneticist almost untouchable with skills coz they cn flee and tank at the same time, only thing though i dont see them make significant attacks, so the question is, is it because there attacks are gimped coz they sacrificed int to get more vit and agi?

I have the following gears available for use:

Ghost / unfrozen / anti-sniping / deviant / superior woe suit set.
deviant backpack
anti sniping backpack
asprika
ceb
rpb
mjolnir
brisi
rwc spell 3 x2 pendants

Edited by MiraExorcist, 02 December 2012 - 08:40 AM.

#2 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:52 AM

bump

#3 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I've never heard of genetics getting agi (at least not PVP/WoE builds). You sure they don't have flee because of an Eira homunculus? Eira has a skill to boost flee to 500.

Edited by DrAzzy, 02 December 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#4 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:02 PM

It's the eira

#5 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:53 PM

Having high ASPD is pretty important to make Hell Plant spammable though.

#6 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:14 PM

I've never heard of genetics getting agi (at least not PVP/WoE builds). You sure they don't have flee because of an Eira homunculus? Eira has a skill to boost flee to 500.

i doubt its overboost of eira skill because they have high aspd aswell and one of them uses sera .

Edited by MiraExorcist, 02 December 2012 - 09:17 PM.

#7 Exvee

Exvee

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts
  • LocationZaius (Magma Fire)
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 03 December 2012 - 03:50 AM

It's pretty much spamming skill (agi) vs high damage (non-agi)... Getting 180 aspd with just around 60 agi (from my genetic) and no AR actually pleased me.

#8 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

I just had and conversation with one of those 2 genetics I was talking about. It was actually a p.server stat / equipment build that was recently useable here in iRO because of the malangdo update.
You will net around 420+ flee with food and self buffs with 75 agi. ant 186 aspd. I havent tried it but when i reset ill post my stat window screenshot.

#9 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

I just had and conversation with one of those 2 genetics I was talking about. It was actually a p.server stat / equipment build that was recently useable here in iRO because of the malangdo update.
You will net around 420+ flee with food and self buffs with 75 agi. ant 186 aspd. I havent tried it but when i reset ill post my stat window screenshot.

What difference does Malangdo make to that?

#10 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:42 AM

What difference does Malangdo make to that?

Posted Image

scratch off the bazerald since ill be using a hammer, but he pretty much said that grimtooth's flee/dodge bonus is good to use now since u cn enchant them with a high spell++ enchant to significantly reduce hellplant's cast time. With the grimtooth + other equps and buff u can stack up to give you really high flee. He basically flees skills like GOH or reduces it significantly, flees CRS aswell then switches to combat knife for incoming magical attacks and gfist. I havent tried it yet so i suggest people try it out first to really confirm it.

Stat build goes:
agi 75
vit 94
int 110
dex 110
luk 1
str 1

Edited by MiraExorcist, 03 December 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2012 - 01:03 PM

Oh, what a great idea.

I'll spend a crapload of skill points, and use a GRIMTOOTH (ffs!) to get flee that'll dodge baddies with low dex in PVP (but not WoE, ofc, nor any meaningful PVM), and an attack speed that sucks slightly less than it otherwise would.

Or I could just get an Eira, and get 500 flee and 187 aspd without spending any stat points - and my homun will also have epic flee and aspd (and Eira has Silent Breeze, which is really good in PVP)

Gee, i wonder which makes more sense...

Also, the cast time enchants give you 20% cast time reduction tops - this only effects variable cast, and stacks the way you don't want it to with reduction from dex and int. It is a much smaller improvement than you think. It's only really exciting in strings (since it stacks additively with strings, and the reduction is hence a lot more dramatic, especially if the strings are good). It's nice, but it doesn't make or break builds (well, not this build at least).

Edited by DrAzzy, 03 December 2012 - 01:56 PM.

#12 MiraExorcist

MiraExorcist

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:06 AM

Oh, what a great idea.

I'll spend a crapload of skill points, and use a GRIMTOOTH (ffs!) to get flee that'll dodge baddies with low dex in PVP (but not WoE, ofc, nor any meaningful PVM), and an attack speed that sucks slightly less than it otherwise would.

Or I could just get an Eira, and get 500 flee and 187 aspd without spending any stat points - and my homun will also have epic flee and aspd (and Eira has Silent Breeze, which is really good in PVP)

Gee, i wonder which makes more sense...

Also, the cast time enchants give you 20% cast time reduction tops - this only effects variable cast, and stacks the way you don't want it to with reduction from dex and int. It is a much smaller improvement than you think. It's only really exciting in strings (since it stacks additively with strings, and the reduction is hence a lot more dramatic, especially if the strings are good). It's nice, but it doesn't make or break builds (well, not this build at least).

there's really no need for sarcasm....I was asking purely for pvp purpose, non-pvm. I was also merely inquiring because i was impressed with the build because it was really good, based on the several times i've seen it in action in pvp. (Specially to be able to completely flee multiple CRS' in a row plus it would present a little more flexibility when it comes to people's choice of Homonculus)

Thanks for the input anyway and I apologize if you found my inquiry annoying or senseless.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:09 PM

I do not think the build is a wise or reasonable build. It seems like the kind of thing that I'd expect from pserver people - because of the lack of dilligence in competition and leveling on pservers, the players have a lackadaisical attitude toward practical build considerations, and are often obsessed with agi, despite the fact that the game really doesn't reward it.

The sacrifices that build makes for being good at hellplant is just insane - they're totally abandoning cart cannon and acid bomb (with 1 str, neither will hurt).

So they can't CC or AB, and a more typical genetic build with an eira is better at hell plant'ing, AND can also AB and CC.

It just seems crazy to go with a build like that... If your goal is hellplanting in PVP, get an eira and do it better, and then you could either get more int/dex/vit, or get str like a normal gen so you could level and MVP.

#14 blitzfaggyy

blitzfaggyy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

MiraExorcist is right. Hell plant is based on aspd animation so at 185 ASPD (Which you can achieve by zerks,mjolnir,AR scrolls at 1 AGI itself) you can cast upto 3 plants in a sec which is nice. You dont need STR as a woe genetic but you can still bomb okay-ish with a weapon of high attack. I do have around 30 str for weight capacity. around 30-40 AGI is enough and some luk is good too. rest i think you are fine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users