EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Hey all I am trying to decide if I need to remake my Homunc and also to decide which S form is best for my chosen path.

Now my Gen will NOT be doing WoE or PvP really.

This will be for PvM, MvPing and Hazy Foest Coin Farming (PDragon won't be the priority) and will want to do these things way before hitting level 150.

Now apparently for my needs I think the best 2 choice would be Dieter or Sera so need a couple questions answered.

- How much is the damage reduction from Pain Killer compared to Granite Armor? Is it a set number or %?
- Is the Volcanic Ash bug on MvP's going to be fixed, and explain it in a bit more detail please, and if so any idea of when?
- Which original Homunc is it best to get either of these from and why?

Current Homunc is a 93 Filir (Non Evolved) and hoping it wasn't a waste, and stats read:

HP - 5531
SP - 440
Atk - 96
MAtk - 253
Hit - 342
Critical - 24
Def - 161
MDef - 115
Flee - 227
Aspd - 175

This guy is still at Neutral Loyalty so if I need to remake him want to do it before I waste anymore time on him. I really think they should change the max Loyalty to 500 instead of 1k. No point using a skill that completely wipes 150 hours of feeding (someone in another thread calculated this not sure if it's accurate) for 1 damn use unless it could say take down an MVP in one hit. That would be totally fair to me as it wouldn't really be abusable I don't think.

Planned stat progression for my Gen will be 90 Int/Str/Vit/Dex (in that order for +9 HBP bonus's) now. Updated due to feedback. (90 Vit@111 and 90 Dex@133) .

I appreciate any help people give and will take criticism as well as I can ;)

QUESTION: Does hit (Dex) matter to Cart Canon or does it always hit?
Answer: Apparently DEX does NOT matter

So far it looks like will be keeping the Filir and going Sera.

Edited by EvilLoynis, 05 December 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:21 PM

Painkiller helps MUCH MUCH MORE on weak monsters, but isn't significant against single high damage attacks.

You want painkiller for MVP/PVM stuff, imo. It makes things so much easier.

Ash bug is getting fixed, and it's awkward to use anyway.

Filir stats are fine, though I would prefer vani (i have a filir, though, and it works fine).

#3 GinaKay

GinaKay

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 790 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 December 2012 - 10:29 PM

Also you were saying that Filir's ultimate skill is pointless to get since it takes away all it's intimacy. Well if you get an Eira, you can use Overboost to farm intimacy and you can use SBR a lot. Overboost also boosts your flee to 500 and Aspd to 187(?), and it has Silent Breeze, which believe it or not, can silence MvPs. But yea the most commonly used ones are Dieter and Sera.

Get higher INT first. Not for the HBP bonus, but because INT just gives more damage to Gen skills than STR.

#4 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

I use Filir -> Sera for PvM/MVP purposes and it's pretty awesome, especially if you stack on some more reductions gear. It won't really do much against skills, but you can kinda sorta make up for this by using the proper armor (elemental, for example) but so far most mobs will hit me for 1 damage, as well as some of the lower end MVPs. My gene is only 115 though, so I have no idea how it fares with stronger mobs/MVPs.

If you make a Dieter don't make it for the bugged Ash, make it for one of the other skills that works legitimately. I heard Pyro adds a nice chunk of damage to AB, so I decided to make another gene with a dieter too.

Edited by Alaska, 05 December 2012 - 02:50 AM.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

Get DEX last as high INT and high STR will help you early on. Or get VIT last and DEX before it.

Pain killer also gives you the endure effect, which is nice for ignoring monsters at Hazy.

If your homu is far along already, I would never recommend remaking the homu and instead recommend making a 2nd gene with another homu.

#6 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

Get DEX last as high INT and high STR will help you early on. Or get VIT last and DEX before it.

Pain killer also gives you the endure effect, which is nice for ignoring monsters at Hazy.

Ok well the major problem I see with getting Vit last is surviving mobs while leveling so that to me says no way.

It has not been said whether Cart Canon is dependent on Hit% or if it is a no miss thing So not sure if I can afford to not get Dex.

Btw using a stat calc I can get 90 in 2 skills right away ounce I reset stats. By level 111 I can have the 3rd stat at 90 and by 133 the 4th. This means I need to get my 2 most important survival and Leveling stats first to me so Vit ofc and I would have to say Dex unless CC is always hitting.

So if hit does NOT matter with CC then I guess stat progression would be Vit/Int/Str/Dex so please ppl lmk if it does or not.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:40 AM

Ok well the major problem I see with getting Vit last is surviving mobs while leveling so that to me says no way.

Someone hasn't experienced painkiller yet. Like painkillers in real life, it makes you feel invulnerable - but unlike real life, this perception is largely accurate.

It has not been said whether Cart Canon is dependent on Hit% or if it is a no miss thing So not sure if I can afford to not get Dex.

Btw using a stat calc I can get 90 in 2 skills right away ounce I reset stats. By level 111 I can have the 3rd stat at 90 and by 133 the 4th. This means I need to get my 2 most important survival and Leveling stats first to me so Vit ofc and I would have to say Dex unless CC is always hitting.

So if hit does NOT matter with CC then I guess stat progression would be Vit/Int/Str/Dex so please ppl lmk if it does or not.

CC doesn't require hit, but the cast is painful at low dex.

You can get 99 in 2 stats and 25 in a third at level 99 trans.

I'd probably get like 60-70 str, 100 int, maybe 30 vit, and rest in dex. Then, if I had painkiller, i'd finish everything else (first int, then str, then dex) and end on vit (since vit doesn't help you kill faster, and your 30 vit + PK covers your defense).

In general, you should always get as much of your defensive stat as possible as late as possible in leveling. Vit does not help you kill faster - it just reduces how often you die. Once you're not dying unless you do something dumb, getting more vit will not help you (you'll always die if you do something dumb enough) - you're wasting stat points you could be using for dex to cast faster or int/str to improve damage. You get vit at the end, because vit is for MVP and WoE, not PVM

#8 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Someone hasn't experienced painkiller yet. Like painkillers in real life, it makes you feel invulnerable - but unlike real life, this perception is largely accurate.

CC doesn't require hit, but the cast is painful at low dex.

You can get 99 in 2 stats and 25 in a third at level 99 trans.

I'd probably get like 60-70 str, 100 int, maybe 30 vit, and rest in dex. Then, if I had painkiller, i'd finish everything else (first int, then str, then dex) and end on vit (since vit doesn't help you kill faster, and your 30 vit + PK covers your defense).

In general, you should always get as much of your defensive stat as possible as late as possible in leveling.

Well thanks for the info and confirmation that CC does NOT need Hit.

Also keep in mind that ounce I hit JOB level 12 (Maxed CC & Remodel +1 Boost) or so as Gen I will reset my STATS as I currently have an Agi build that will do nothing for me as Gen. Also I am focusing on Base 90 for the stats because I do have a +9 HBP and want to get the applicable bonus's out of it.

So I guess I will go Str/Int 90 first off when I reset with Vit 3rd and Dex last, due to the fact that Pain Killer is learned at Homunc level 123 and will need to survive mob hits before then. Also I have Orleans or Phen to help with finishing off the cast early on.

I really thought I would need that Hit early for CC, not to mention the +10% Ranged from HBP would be sweet for both CC and AB.

Will edit opening post to reflect a bit later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users