Stuck on Nameless Island - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Stuck on Nameless Island

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 Skwie

Skwie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

So just now I tried to go to the tool shop in Geffen to get my swordie some fly wings.
I get 2 map loading screens, then suddenly I'm on Nameless Island. o_o;
Apparently I'm not the only one who it happened to; on the spot where I warped to there are a few other players, though they're not moving. (aside from one guy casting increase agi and blessing all the time, a bot I guess)
The NPC on the right side of the map where an exit is shown is no help either, he just talks about how he doesn't like the place. Well, neither do I. >;
So.. how do I get out of there without a butterfly wing?

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:20 PM

You get another player to come warp you out, or contact the GMs and wait ages for them to get you out of there. If you havn't started the quest that puts you there, the npc won't warp you out. And for awhile in the past, it was possible to warp there with warp portal. My guess is that the player who warped you there was trying to warp bots there, and you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

This has been an issue for quite some time, but warp saves are (supposedly) getting wiped when renewal hits on the 21st, so this won't be able to happen again

#3 Skwie

Skwie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 01:29 PM

Wow, that's pretty messed up.. Don't GMs ban people for griefing actions like this?
Anyway, thanks for the info. Now it's me and another real player there, apparently he's been stuck there for a week now..

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:39 AM

Very hard to catch the people doing it, unfortunately. I don't think much is logged w/regard to warp portal skill use.

The griefing sort of comes with the territory on a free server - because people can just make free accounts, and because there are a lot of people who don't really care if they get in trouble (middle-school-maturity people out looking for lulz) and don't value their accounts, you get more bad behavior there.

Try to contact the "friendly" players on valk server via forums and see if any can help you out.

Edited by DrAzzy, 12 October 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#5 Skwie

Skwie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 03:15 PM

I see, well, thanks for the heads up, I'll be careful around the Geffen tool shop from now on. ^^;
Luckily I got out thanks to a friendly merchant who got warped there as well and was carrying multiple butterfly wings.

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 October 2010 - 06:28 AM

Lesson is, never, ever, leave home without butterfly wings. It's way too easy to get stuck someplace that's a longass trek from any town or monster that can kill you.

The nameless island issue will be fixed (because it's not warp-to-able). I think they're also fixing the fact that you can warp to the theif jobchange maze (and summon monsters there) - but there's still the payon hammer.

#7 ummhi

ummhi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 01:32 PM

i got stuck there today. not fun...wish the priest bothered to mention that i was now stuck there unless i used a bwing or someone warped me out. i eventually afk'd with a chat and got back to someone who popped in and laughed at my misfortune but got someone to rescue me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users