Any testing done on the Vellum Guillotine? - Merchant Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Any testing done on the Vellum Guillotine?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LegOLess

LegOLess

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iris > Ymir > Chaos

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:34 AM

Hello Fellow Merchants,

Has anyone had a chance to test a Vellum Guillotine?
I was wondering whether the bonus on the axe would make getting axe boomerang and Powerswing actually worthwhile?
Or if it would even compare to current Merrch class weapon staples (Pile Bunker, HF, twin night)

At +9 the thing would be doing 100% physical damage against players with the 30% def bypass, and the 80% extra for Axe boomerang and powerswing?
With these kind of numbers i would think it's got something going for it, it is two handed though, so miss out on a shield.

The weight is like 550, so a little lighter then a doomslayer and the attack base is 300, so a little short of pile bunker (450) / HF (330).

Status during WoE & PvP:
  • Increases physical damage against players by 40%.
  • Bypasses 30% of player's defense.
  • If refined to +6 or higher: increases damage by 80% when using [Axe Boomerang] or [Power Swing].
  • If refined to +9 or higher: increases physical damage against players by an additional 60%

Axe Boomerang:
Level Description 1 300% ATK + Axe Weight / Range 5 cells 2 350% ATK + Axe Weight / Range 6 cells 3 400% ATK + Axe Weight / Range 7 cells 4 450% ATK + Axe Weight / Range 8 cells 5 500% ATK + Axe Weight / Range 9 cells

Power swing:
Level Description 1 400% ATK 2 500% ATK 3 600% ATK 4 700% ATK 5 800% ATK

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:41 AM

It's pretty easy to get close to 90% demihuman reductions now. It's really not worth it regardless of all those damage boosters.

Only Suicidal Destruction and maybe HSCR are the only ways of killing people effectively as Mechanic.

#3 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

There's a guy in valk pvp that does pretty high damage with one of those. Kills lots of people which is pretty funny

#4 LegOLess

LegOLess

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

How does he kill in pvp? I think the limiting factor is, the axe bonus is only on during pvp and woe. If I manage to get it a +9, I'll try a skill reset to test the difference hopefully with weight, last skill balance and the axes bonus it will make for interesting results. But not sure how it will compare to KVM axes, hurricaine fury and pile bunker.

#5 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

Axe boomerang and hscr mostly

#6 LegOLess

LegOLess

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:12 PM

Wow hscr in pvp? Old school.. don't suppose you have any numbers on the type of damage the axe boomerangs your friend were pulling?

#7 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:32 AM

18k booms on people it looked like wearing mid range reductions. Obviously anyone wearing massive def/reductions/DA is gonna take poor damage

#8 Akafox

Akafox

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Thor

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:40 AM

You can check this video, this is from Brazil Ragnarok Online:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=On3Qqig03lU

0 user(s) are reading this topic