what is the difference between ragnarok and classic ragnarok? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

what is the difference between ragnarok and classic ragnarok?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 UtaChan

UtaChan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

I wanted to start playing but found myself puzzled between the two exes....what is or are the difference(s) between them :S ?

#2 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:03 PM

Classic = pre-Renewal (older); Ragnarok = Renewal (newer). The game mechanics between these two versions are so vastly different that they're essentially two separate games, and it's hard to condense all the details into one post. Anyway, I think if you're a brand-new player, Renewal would be a better choice because it has a lot more content, including 3rd classes, and is actively being updated, while Classic is all about past stuff that the nostalgic players crave. I'm not saying either are better or worse, though, so it's your choice.

#3 sco0t

sco0t

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Classic - grind for 10s if not 100s of hours
Renewal - smoother leveling

#4 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 16 December 2012 - 08:11 PM

Well, it is true that pre-Renewal was way grindier than Renewal, but I think that just makes leveling feel so much more rewarding - to be smart with your equipment choices for the sake of efficiency. Just my opinion. :p_smile:

OP, here's a link with the changes that Renewal brought, but it might be confusing if you're not familiar with the game's basic workings: http://ro.doddlercon...Renewal_Changes

#5 Gantrithor

Gantrithor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1083 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 07:19 AM

What the Slurm Queen said in "Fry and the Slurm Factory". Can't find a video.

#6 UtaChan

UtaChan

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:36 AM

I was playing the old ro before the 3rd classes were out....I remember the homnu were firstly introduced so I am not sure the renewal is what I seek but for some reason the classic ro doesn;t work for me :S I will have to figure out how to get it then I wanna try both.
Thanks for the information

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

If you're trying to access classic RO, you'll have to run classic RO.exe as admin and select Classic.Loki. Any other server can't be access via that client.

and vice versa, you can't access the Classic server via the Ragnarok exe

#8 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:48 AM

Classic: you will probably were thinking about this game if you played RO long before. It is fun, mostly if you are looking for a game to be attached to and willing to dedicate some time to it.

Renewal: another game with the same sprites, which is the main development line now. It is kinda fun if you are more of a casual player and would like a game to poke a few hours a week.

Comparing classic to renewal is a bit like trying to compare basquetball to soccer because they both are played with a ball. The basquetball players will probably say that soccer is a lot slower and the soccer players will say that basquetball is dumb because soccer is much more enjoyable anyways =p.

#9 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:11 AM

Classic: you will probably were thinking about this game if you played RO long before. It is fun, mostly if you are looking for a game to be attached to and willing to dedicate some time to it.

Renewal: another game with the same sprites, which is the main development line now. It is kinda fun if you are more of a casual player and would like a game to poke a few hours a week.

Comparing classic to renewal is a bit like trying to compare basquetball to soccer because they both are played with a ball. The basquetball players will probably say that soccer is a lot slower and the soccer players will say that basquetball is dumb because soccer is much more enjoyable anyways =p.

Awesome way of thinking xD

#10 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

Renewal is leveling faster because you're going to leveling so harder when you're 3rd class.
Playing renewal is leveling fun since novice until the high-class. Just a bit of effort to try and the lvl 99 is not far away from you.

#11 zelley

zelley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • Location'murica
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 December 2012 - 01:22 PM

Renewal is leveling faster because you're going to leveling so harder when you're 3rd class.
Playing renewal is leveling fun since novice until the high-class. Just a bit of effort to try and the lvl 99 is not far away from you.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users