December 18, 2012 - Server Maintenance, 2:00 PM (-8 UTC) - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

December 18, 2012 - Server Maintenance, 2:00 PM (-8 UTC)

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:25 AM

Hello ROSE players!

Tuesday, December 18th, 2012 at 2:00PM (-8 UTC) our servers will be taken offline for a server maintenance to address recent unexpected down times and perform some physical maintenance to the servers themselves. The downtime is expected to be a minimum of two hours pending the results of server inspection and needs.

Server Update

The following updates will be applied between the server and client during today's maintenance.

Game Arena
  • Corrected issue causing multi-player groups to become stuck when attempting to join a game.
  • Corrected issue causing some groups to not leave the queue when entering a game.
  • Corrected issue with status effects not being displayed correctly in Groups.
Bug Fixes
  • Corrected issue with character's visibility when attacking while stealthed and cloaked simultaneously.
  • Corrected issue with stealth's visual effect being removed prematurely when another skill is used.
  • Corrected various synchronization issues which would cause Stealth's visual effect to remain after the status effect is removed.
  • Corrected bug causing group HP and status indicators not to be updated properly after changing zones.
  • Corrected issue with Game Arena games not starting due to groups perpetually attempting to join a ready game.
Maintenance is completed and the servers are online.

Edited by Leonis, 18 December 2012 - 08:21 PM.
Added two bug fixes

#2 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:48 PM

... and perform some physical maintenance to the servers...

Wonders what "physical maintenance" actually means. :) Perhaps a good massage and belly rub. :)

Edited by TwiliteGarden, 17 December 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#3 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 04:54 PM

Wonders what "physical maintenance" actually means. :) Perhaps a good massage and belly rub. :)

haha, checking the hard drives and hardware, making sure everything is okay physically with the servers. :thumb2:

#4 Hedean

Hedean

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:25 PM

Make sure to clean out the fried spiders and any rat nest that managed to sneak into the server circuits :D

#5 solovenomore

solovenomore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1177 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Draconis, Leo

Posted 17 December 2012 - 11:59 PM

Please do test the network cables by OTDR if using FO and Fluke if cat6e, 7e, to ensure that the cables are not damaged somewhere, because it's very lagging in game nowadays, maybe due to the network signal lost!

#6 Ayyoroo

Ayyoroo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 18 December 2012 - 09:54 AM

Everything isn't already in my opinion! People always tell me I run fast or can't see me even if I'm running normally or standing still. It's frightening!

#7 flinder

flinder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:leonis

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Is the maintenance not somehting like 3 hour to early? Or i have i checked the timezones wrong? (i live in holland, europa).

#8 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:40 AM

Leonis for Channel 1 is currently down.

The severs need a good rub earlier than I thought :D

#9 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

Maintenance update

At the current rate of progress, it has been advised the maintenance time will be taking longer than originally anticipated. Current maintenance time extension is unknown, but I'll keep you all posted as I hear any further updates.

#10 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

Server Update

The following updates will be applied between the server and client during today's maintenance.

Game Arena
  • Corrected issue causing multi-player groups to become stuck when attempting to join a game.
  • Corrected issue causing some groups to not leave the queue when entering a game.
  • Corrected issue with status effects not being displayed correctly in Groups.
Bug Fixes
  • Corrected issue with character's visibility when attacking while stealthed and cloaked simultaneously.
  • Corrected issue with stealth's visual effect being removed prematurely when another skill is used.
  • Corrected various synchronization issues which would cause Stealth's visual effect to remain after the status effect is removed.

#11 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Arua (Leonis)

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

As I expected, benefits raiders again and again, no offense to you Leo but why don't you work out on the burn skill effect?maybe decrease the damage effect coz it is so OP. Well I don't play a raider class tho yet this skill makes them unbeatable. SPAM burn GG !Pvping/warring a good Raider is a TOTAL SUICIDE for the other classes!

Edited by llullTAKSIAPO, 18 December 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#12 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:13 PM

As I expected, benefits raiders again and again, no offense to you Leo but why don't you work out on the burn skill effect?maybe decrease the damage effect coz it is so OP. Well I don't play a raider class tho yet this skill makes them unbeatable. SPAM burn GG !Pvping/warring a good Raider is a TOTAL SUICIDE for the other classes!

Quite the opposite, these changes take away the visual glitches that allowed hawker classes to appear to remain invisible indefinately and appear to be uncloakable or untargetable after using Stealth.

#13 polandkillall

polandkillall

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:14 PM

what time is serv back?

#14 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:16 PM

Quite the opposite, these changes take away the visual glitches that allowed hawker classes to appear to remain invisible indefinately and appear to be uncloakable or untargetable after using Stealth.

Ok , sorry for the mis-interpretation but still you are not working about the burn skill blah blah blah. All HAIL RAIDERS!

#15 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

Deep breaths. You gotta read carefully before jumping at people. Calm Sir--Calm!

Burn isn't op--its perfectly fine how it is. You just have to learn to handle it with pots and such. Raiders are actually good where they are, other people just got nerfed a little too much.

We keep crying nerf--and then end up with things we don't want--youre better off asking for a boost instead--Like champs getting back the stun they lost(or the one stun that looks like it never manages to work being fixed).

Edited by NamirBarades, 18 December 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#16 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Buff mages(defense) + remove debuff abilities!

#17 llullTAKSIAPO

llullTAKSIAPO

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:21 PM

Deep breaths. You gotta read carefully before jumping at people. Calm Sir--Calm!

Burn isn't op--its perfectly fine how it is. You just have to learn to handle it with pots and such. Raiders are actually good where they are, other people just got nerfed a little too much.

Well its my own opinion and you have your own Sir. For me , the BURN is stilll OP, I tried a lot of builds to tank the burns and i'm pretty much sure that the build was the right 1 and yet the damage gonna end up owning you real hard. Pots? you are telling me that pots will help a lot on the burns?you kidding me right?

#18 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Read the rest of my post. I said, stop calling for nerf and instead you need to ask to be fixed. Maybe if you two fully functioning stuns(or three like champs used to have) you'd be able to avoid some of those pesky burns(which you don't tank..you just eat the damage if you don't deal with it right). Raider burns have never been boosted(to my knowledge) and have been the same since as long as I have played(probably before). The problem is everyone else got nerfed to the point that it seems like such an extreme. If we keep asking for the nerf we'll all be hitting like visitors(or worse..subjected to charm >.< ).

#19 roselyfireburn

roselyfireburn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Server:DRACONIS

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

when will servers be back up? zzz

#20 ArRjhaAy

ArRjhaAy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:50 PM

Ahhh Still down ?

#21 Oerba

Oerba

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 998 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I don't see why you are complaining about the burn from the raider.
Hellfire Burn for example from a Mage is far superior than a Raider Burn.
The damage from that burn is easily 1.5x compared to the raiders.

No class can tank 100% of the high tier burns in general anyway.
You could get a knight with full Zircon 7s and your HP still slowly decreases.

Edited by Oerba, 18 December 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#22 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 18 December 2012 - 03:55 PM

cant game come up soon am bored out of my head :D need something to do lol jk seriusly game bin down for lots more then the 2 houres thay say :P

#23 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:06 PM

Bug Fixes

HAHA! GG king hunters. This was totally abused by the raiders who hunts kings. This bug can only be used vs. monsters since i can target the raiders who were magically not attacked by the king.

@llullTAKSIAPO: quite small brained, eh? really describes what you do in game. THIS IS AN 'OP FIX'!!

#24 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:08 PM

Maintenance update

Game servers are being prepped to be brought back online. Current estimated time to being back online is: NOW!

Thanks everyone for your patience!

#25 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 18 December 2012 - 04:20 PM

oh, this explains all the rage LOL. 7-hr maintenance

0 user(s) are reading this topic