Dex cleric vs battle cleric vs hybrid - Muse Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dex cleric vs battle cleric vs hybrid

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kamicana

Kamicana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:39 AM

Yeah bear with me. I been reading though the forums and have yet to find a good explanation on how to build a decent combat orientated cleric in this version of ROSE.

I used to play a dex cleric back in old iROSE (max dex, some con, little sen and rest in int) using a bow as my main weapon. Thats sadly not possible anymore since they changed the cleric skills to require a wand or staff to be castable. Wish I could hit whoever dev came up with that STUPID idea, Byebye alternative builds). Old school dex clerics was able to solo kings on thier own and was a pain in pvp with thier critlocks. The question is what can I do insted ?

Many mentions a battle cleric, but nobody will tell me what that term covers ?
I assume all passives, even though it will remove the ability to max all buffs ?

Currently Im going sorta hybrid I guess using the high attack power build from the pinned muse guide. I found the pets to be very very weak compared to how they was back in iROSE, they really just die now if a mob is looking at them the wrong way. Sad. So to have the ability to deal a little damage I found myself forced to adding attack skills, something I never had before on my dex clerics (in old iROSE the combat skills was the only ones being weapon locked to staff/wand, you could still buff and heal with whatever weapon you choise).

Going from being a old school dex cleric, who used to be able to tank everything to being a fragile int based cleric is taking its tolls. And I hope some of the battle clerics will take thier time either explaining thier builds to me either here or in game.

And please do not tell me to go full support, because that will never happen. My personality isnt the kind to just sit back and bore my ass to pierces pressing a heal buttom now and then, while the rest of the party is having a blast. Trust me, I did try... several times... and I always end up deleting the char in dispair.

Kamiria - Leonis

#2 Kamicana

Kamicana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:53 AM

My plan was something like this at lvl 220
str 50
dex 280
int 333
con 150
cha base
sen 75

And yet I keep thinking how the old dex build work in this version
str 50
dex 380
int 213
con 150
cha base
sen 75

Is it even remotely possible it could work still ? Even though my wand use would put limits ?

Edited by Kamicana, 19 December 2012 - 10:53 AM.

#3 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

I have a war support cleric, and I can still solo king. It just takes time ;)

Battle cleric still exists, and yeah, they fight with wand. I saw one the other day in TG, owning champs in duels. Though I have no idea what is the build used, as I never played that way. However, it all depends on what you plan to do. Battle cleric seem to be good in duel, but you can forget Crystal Defenders, as there champs expect the cleric to heal (which is, believe me, something else than just pressing heal...). And as the cleric is always the first target, you need pretty high dodge / def if you plan on surviving.

Just a question, why don't you play mage? Since you can use most of the same passive, you can get buff from support slide skill tree, heal... and you'll play a really offensive class.

#4 Kamicana

Kamicana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:23 AM

What is a war support cleric ? Remember Im only used to the terms dex cleric (katars/bows), str cleric (launchers) and fs.

I still need an explanation on what the battle cleric term covers as well. And as for the heal thing, I cant image its being much different than being on a dex cleric, who doesnt have much int either. I used to have 2 sets of gear - garnet gear for fighting and topaz set for buffing.

Why I dont play a mage ? Because I dont like mages - skill spam, mana sinks, staffs. Oh and mages dont get haste ..... I like being a cleric, Im just not the full support type.

Edited by Kamicana, 20 December 2012 - 12:48 AM.

#5 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:29 AM

For me full support means focusing on high int, so lower dodge / def. While war support means focusing on dodge / def. And both use wands.

#6 Kamicana

Kamicana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:49 AM

My old style dex cleric from above would be a war supoort cleric now ? Or is the stats different again ?
(I am online in game atm on Kamiria on Leonis)

Edited by Kamicana, 20 December 2012 - 12:50 AM.

#7 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

Based on the stat you posted, STR is far too low (you need more def), DEX is too high, INT is too low (you need 333 to use the wand), CON & SEN are far too high (as support, you won't hit, so you son't need CON, neither SEN)

Hope this will help.

And sorry, I play on Draconis ;)

#8 Kamicana

Kamicana

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

Well I guess a war support is more support than I would be able to live with. Thanks for your answers.

Back to the drawning board
I would still like some input from some battle clerics to hear how they work and how they are to play.

#9 DarthKarla

DarthKarla

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 487 posts
  • LocationOver the rainbow
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:12 AM

For A PvM FSsupport cleric, should I go STR or DEX? I know its full INT all the way to 400 and nothing on CON and SEN. and the rest is either STR or DEX.

But which is better for fighting the monster Mobs.

#10 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 January 2013 - 06:20 AM

My 2 cents for what it is worth:

In my mind there are 3 types of clerics...with many different builds.
1. Full Support - Max Int based, used to buff your chars or others, probably won't do well in PVP type situations - too squishy.
2. War Cleric - built for pvp maps and wars - usually has high int for buffs at first but uses dodge, HP, def, mspd gear for in battles. Still can heal and buff but tends to last a bit longer in wars.
3. Battle Cleric - built to fight, might have high AP, all block passives, might not have all buffs. I don't think there are many in game since they nerfed the cleric for PVP a lot.

There are many variations on the above and a lot are kind of hybrid. A lot depends on what you like to do and how you play. For example, I have a War build more or less. In my Int gear I have 963 int. After I buff everyone at first I change to my war gear (at present it is reinforced with 60 dodge and 40mspd on all, refined to 15). My int lowers to 570ish but i can take more hits. In Crystal Defenders everyone focuses on killing the clerics so a lot of times you will be attacked by say 2 raiders, a scout and more. In addition you are hit with multiple mutes, stuns and sleeps. There is a lot going on. Points are based on your healing and any damage you do to others or the crystal. Needless to say that for clerics the majority of your points are from heals.

I have tried honor gears, mspd gear, dodge, def, and just int gear. Unfortunately I get too wrapped up in what is going on and I don't run away much, so mspd gear was not good for me - but many good clerics do well in mspd gear. The strictly dodge gear did not work well for me, etc. There are a lot of good Battle Clerics out there to talk to and ask about their gear and builds though.

My stats are max int and the rest in dodge. All of our hits (mostly use Soul Doubt and the stun aoe) are reliable so con is not really needed. It is really hard to get enough con as a cleric to damage raiders and some other classes. Strength is not needed unless you want to get more AP or if you go def build. You don't really need sen in my opinion since again, it is hard to get it high enough to crit that much. I did try to use Int and Sen to lessen the crits that hit me but it really didn't matter.

I would also recommend that you get all the skills that will increase your ability to block attacks. Block for clerics is good. And things like dragon skin to help with your def. I gave up some of the MP passives to get the full block and use a Salvation in wars. I never run out of MP now, but with a Legendary wand I do.

Hope that helps some. Feel free to ask me more questions and I will try to help. I have played cleric for 7 years and still really like the class. Sometimes you have to do some experimenting to see what works best for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users