[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station - Page 3 - Foundry Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Ongoing] Monster spawn adjustment station

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
132 replies to this topic

#51 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:29 AM

put anolians back
put anolians back
put anolians back
put anolians back
put anolians back
put airship back
put anolians back
ty

Instead of putting Batholians back in, how about a serious spawn bump to the current Anolian map?

Comodo Field 3 Spawns for 13.2:
1 Toad, 30 mins
10 Poporing, Instant
45 Greatest Generals, Instant
40 Pest, Instant
25 Alligators, Instant
80 Anolians, Instant
1 Mutant Dragonoid, Instant

Suggested Spawn Changes:
45 GGs => 10
40 Pests => 10
25 Alligators => 50
80 Anolians => 240

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:31 AM

Well that I wouldn't mind, but I like nostalgia-ing over UG and getting sands at the same time ):

Its a practical and useful levelling spot for my class! (for once) That's not something we get often.

#53 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:32 AM

Well that I wouldn't mind, but I like nostalgia-ing over UG and getting sands at the same time ):

Its a practical and useful levelling spot for my class! (for once) That's not something we get often.

I know but everyone likes to wave their pitchforks at me when I suggest things even though it typically improves stuff. :(

And double the Bathory Spawn huehue

Edited by Jaffer, 01 May 2013 - 06:33 AM.

#54 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

maybe if they would buff juperos I'd be a bit less sore about it.

#55 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:42 AM

I was going to ask "Why aren't you 99 yet" but then I realized I'm not 99 myself. :( hue

#56 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

It's more a case of multiple Sinxs, you know?
Somethings never change.

#57 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:48 AM

Posted Image

You can't hide from me Xelliekins.

#58 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:50 AM

what ya gonna do, Asura me for half health? ~_~

#59 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

Asuraing you multiple times really fast has proven successful historically!

#60 Exhale

Exhale

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

Instead of putting Batholians back in, how about a serious spawn bump to the current Anolian map?

Suggested Spawn Changes:
45 GGs => 10
40 Pests => 10
25 Alligators => 50
80 Anolians => 240

That would be good, but one of the better parts about ct4 was being able to farm sands while still getting good experience also the pipe is op for leeching.

Edited by Exhale, 01 May 2013 - 01:10 PM.

#61 odin16god59

odin16god59

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:46 PM

SEALS,GH PRISON BEFORE AND BATHOLIANS PLEASE IM BEGGING YOU TO PUT THEM BACK D:

#62 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:51 PM

That would be good, but one of the better parts about ct4 was being able to farm sands while still getting good experience also the pipe is op for leeching.

that

#63 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:54 PM

yolo

#64 prokchip

prokchip

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

Mention of the word "pipe" reminded me of this :heh: :

Posted Image

#65 Banks

Banks

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Why implement an exp event, then mess up the leveling spots? Especially the spots most easily used by the newer players LOL.

Exp event with nowhere to go!! :thx:

Should have taken away the maps after the event, imo... if you still think that's a good idea for WP/KP sales.

GO TEAM!! :p_hi:

Edited by Banks, 01 May 2013 - 03:59 PM.

#66 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 04:07 PM

Why implement an exp event, then mess up the leveling spots? Especially the spots most easily used by the newer players LOL.

Should have taken away the maps after the event, imo... if you still think that's a good idea for WP/KP sales.

Everyone begged for 13.2 knowing we weren't getting area spawns.

We got 13.2. So there. Maybe someone should've backed me up when I asked for them to keep in Abyss.

#67 odin16god59

odin16god59

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 01 May 2013 - 06:52 PM

+1 I mean all we really wanted was attention on the spawns in AL3 back MOST OF US DIDN'T MEAN ALL THE 13.2 SPAWNS (though I think some of us did)
Here's what can be looked at now:
-SEALS BACK TO INSTANT 50
-CRAMPS BACK INSTEAD OF GARGOYLES
-GH PRISON WITH ALL THE PRISONERS BOTH SKELE AND ZOMBIE no rybios and injustice
-CHURCHYARD BACK TO ACO FRIENDLY (no flys,no mimics, replaced by prisoners)
-CTHO TO BEFORE where it was scorpions not bugs
-BATHOLIANS NEEDS TO COME BACK
-THESE SPOTS ARE ALL THE 70-95 RANGE THAT REALLY NEED TO BE REWORKED

I think these are PROBLY THE ONLY BEST LVLING SPOTS For mid levels through to 99 GH PRISON ESPECIALLY FOR SAGES and mages who want to get they're job 50 fast.
SEALS had such a good spawn for mobbing and now they're extremely hard to come by
CRAMPS ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN GARGOYLES
I mean I agree what was the point in a double exp event when all the spots are extremely low spawned right now
Eventually we need 13.2 spawns but not right now cause right now were not at episode 13.2 and there is only a minimal amount of players in the classic server who are above lvl 80.
Please just consider this because I'd really really REALLY LIKE these spots back aswell as a lot of other players too :(

Edited by odin16god59, 01 May 2013 - 07:00 PM.

#68 esum

esum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:24 PM

Please bring back old Glast Heim prison and graveyard

#69 Lupus

Lupus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Instead of bringing back Batholians, just make a decent anolians map that way people can actually go down to UG to get starsand without being a knight.

Edited by Lupus, 01 May 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#70 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:19 AM

The anolians idea is kind of growing on me. I remember the old underground and it served as a good entrance-level dungeon for new players with its low gear requirement. Quite literally, you could take a character down there with nothing but npc gear, completely screwed up stats, and emerge with a good number of levels and starsands to sell. Most importantly, enough to buy another key, resupply, and go back in the tower for more.

It's no secret that WoE is the biggest draw this game has to offer. Bathories was a solo-able map with respectable exp and zeny rewards where investments into leveling gear served a dual purpose as WoE gear. It offered new players a practical means of advancement that seemed within reach and offered old players a pool of cranial wearers to recruit from.

With these things in mind, if anolians and bathories were to be split like Jaffer is suggesting, it might turn out to be a smart move for the longevity of the game. What does everyone else think?

I found what appears to be a suitable leech spot on the anolians field map. Take a couple minutes to go there yourselves, check out the pathing and tell us what you think.

Posted Image

Edited by Nymmastal, 02 May 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#71 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 01:38 AM

I've mentioned separate Anolian/Bathory maps a handful of times now since around the time we got the Comodo Spotlight, I'm for it. One huge benefit of making the Anolian map on Comodo is going to be that people will be able to use the Inn to reduce SP costs making it more accessible to those without an Earth Deleter or deep pockets for SP consumables.

Adding a place to farm starsand is going to be great, allowing smaller guilds the ability to farm to supply their guild in an easy way while lowering overall cost and increasing supply for everyone else who just wants to buy it.

I'm super glad we got the 13.2 spawns as there were truly some really weird maps (some were okay, some not so much). Here's my input of other things to change looking foward:

13.2 Biolabs - Including the area spawns, we will wear you down eventually Oda.
Prison 1 - I *loved* this after the changes and was there the other day leveling a Mage.
Seals - I really liked this map during the spotlight and I'd like to see the number brought back up.

There's a few dungeons that need some love too:

Juperos - Assuming this wasnt changed to 13.2 spawns.
WoE1 Guild Dungeons - We've mentioned it earlier and it never really went anywhere, outside of Luina there's not a huge reason to go into one of these to level.

That's all I can think of for now, I'm pretty pleased with the changes as someone who doesnt own an LK and really doesnt want to leech my characters in most situations if they can actually kill things.

#72 RonSilver

RonSilver

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

no more customizations please.
just keep 13.2 spawns unchanged.
classic spawns for a classic server!

some turn ins or spotlight map spawn or exp busts are welcome from time to time as long as they are temporary.

#73 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:01 AM

The problem with the comodo map is that you need to add a ridiculous amount of anolians to make it of a density worth it. The map is too big.

And once you start putting *that many* anolians in one place, people will start doing stupid things. Lets make an example with numbers for easy math. Assume the UG map has a tile area of 300 tiles. and there is 80 anolians and 80 bathories on the map. That's like 1.8 tiles per monster. Now take the anolians map which is easilly 4x bigger, so 1200 tiles. To get the same density you would need (and I'm ruling out pests here because they give almost no exp) more than 600 monsters on the map.
Now imagine what people will do with 600 anolians on one map. It's not hard to picture! My numbers aren't accurate, but they should describe the issue.

I still think because there are players who levelled in CTUG before bathories even existed there, that there should be 2 UG maps and you pick which one to go to. (it's really not hard to do), have the npc discover a lower level to the basement, have bathories require a UG key and CT anolians require a UG and CT key. Problem, solved.

I don't level knights down there. Hell I even use my assassin to leech things down there with grimtooth. I'd do it in juperos, but apparently we were never to have the unnerfed version of juperos with instant spawn and area spawn (for map distro) and no dimiks. Make that happen and anos will be a lot less of a problem.

Prison needs to go back to no rybios. That map was soooooo good for low/mid level chars. Mobbing with firewall, its good stuff! The only place I can think of that would would come close would be stings cave, but the arclouse make that a bit of a stretch.

Reinstate HOs with higher spawn and ironfist. Arclouse are stupid monsters anyway. The spawn in HOs is so low, it's not even worth going to. Tried it last night, it was godawful.

Just put graveyard back. In 13.2 it was an unused map. In it's pre-amatsu form it was used. What else needs said?

Chiv and castle, revert those back too. Castle will go from used to unused and chiv is just sucky now.

Buff Abyss lake back up until thors surfaces at least. Bio may be a little buffed right now, but lets not forget you can't enter until 95 nontrans and nontrans chars do actually exist. there's also the timezone thing, some of us aren't able to get parties because they don't happen in our timezone, so smaller party options like AL3 are good to have.

I'd like to assume the idea is to make more maps used and appealing, rather than forcing the server to descend upon 3 maps as they did before.

So in summary
  • clone UG, add anolians to one.
  • make juperos 1 venatu instant spawn and area spawns in each quadrant to keep the mob distribution suitable for multiple parties.
  • Put the buffed HO spawn and ironfist back in CT HO
  • Put GH Prison, along with GH graveyard back to it's old version
  • Revert GH castle and Chivalry too.
  • Re-do the Abyss event spawns until thors comes along.
  • Put in bio 3 all area spawns so that partying is viable, rather than everything dying until it eventually all respawns in the head.

Edited by Xellie, 02 May 2013 - 07:02 AM.

#74 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

anyone try al 3 since on a knight?

#75 Jaffer

Jaffer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1349 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:27 AM

If you're the only person down there I'm told that with 2x EXP it's equal. Once a second person enters it goes to -_- though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users