[List] Quality of Life improvements. - Page 4 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[List] Quality of Life improvements.

149 replies to this topic

#76 bleeaarrgh

bleeaarrgh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well some of the more prominent NPCs should have some unique traits, just to make them stand out more. But yeah, I agree the customization is pretty limited. They could do somethin there.

#77 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:51 AM

It would be a nice addition. Personally I think the selection is okay, compared to some other free mmo's where you only have 2-3 choices. But sure, I would not complain if they added more to the scene :]

#78 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

Added 8.9, graphical error bug in Verta Delta.

#79 norimaki

norimaki

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:11 AM

New player here .-.
Some suggestions that me and my friends were talking about (more like complaints):

1. better transportation system. It bugs me sometimes you can't fly somewhere directly eg. South Plains you have to fly to Carrot Village instead of going directly to Pront Gate from Izlude Gate
2. +1 to auto follow
3. +1 to getting rid of the facing wrong direction for melee. When I'm playing on my theif it really irks me that when I use a skill from afar I will run right into the monster. Sometimes I run so far I auto target run back to the monster and it runs to me and this will cause me to run through it again, repeating the situation. I found this so annoying (especially paired with lag) that I made a long range character instead.
4. @autoloot would be nice ;)
5. +1 to letting people know when friends/guild members log in (also update their data in FL and Guild ...)
6. Let personal vendor auto keep items/prices so I don't have to retype everything every time I want to change channels to open shop or add a new item when a slot opens up....though that could be abused as extra storage I guess...I certainly wouldn't mind that either :P
7. Is it just me or do pecos have problems walking up moderate slopes/stairs/slanted areas.
8. Access Auction house from anywhere as a button so I don't have to go all the way back to Pront. I would actually try to watch market trends and but more things then. Used to checking trade lists with just a button in other games.
9. Subtitles for cutscenes? (I personally play with sound off usually)

Basically +1 to this whole thread (I only mentioned things I have biggest problems with)

Edited by norimaki, 02 June 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#80 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 02:27 AM

Hey Norimaki! Great to see new players coming here to suggest what they would like to see in the game :] Thank you for your list!

Added your list to the frontpage, 9.11

Also, welcome to the game :]

#81 toskene

toskene

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Adding another suggestion to this thread.... something I didn't notice until I started playing my unicorn-dog Assassin.

Please add the option to zoom in 100%, right now when you zoom in it's only like 90% so your character body is always visible. I wanted to take a screenshot of some pretty scenery and my Assassins shadowform just ruined the entire effect. 100% zoom for perfect screenshots please!

#82 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

Adding another suggestion to this thread.... something I didn't notice until I started playing my unicorn-dog Assassin.

Please add the option to zoom in 100%, right now when you zoom in it's only like 90% so your character body is always visible. I wanted to take a screenshot of some pretty scenery and my Assassins shadowform just ruined the entire effect. 100% zoom for perfect screenshots please!

This should be easily possible, the game already forces the camera to zoom in to 100% if you rotate it the right way while standing next to a wall/tree/etc. (when it doesn't glitch through the terrain anyway).

#83 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

That would actually be really nice toskene. Definitly something I want to see added.

#84 foxfight

foxfight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:RE:START Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:05 AM

Combat

2.1 As a melee character, it's very annoying to use a melee ability to engage your target. Most of the time you end up standing INSIDE the mob, or even on the other side, facing the wrong way. Please make the range 1.5 meters or something when you use activate an ability and your character starts running at the mob, so you will end up in front of it, instead of being inside it, or on the other side, forcing you to turn

THIS.
Please.

#85 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:33 AM

Good to see you're backing it up. The more people we can get to chant for these changes, the more likely they are to happen. So spread the word! :]

#86 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:52 AM

I've come across 2 glitches while doing Colo on my knight. The first is if you use Shield Charge, and the target moves behind a pillar while you're in mid charge, you get stuck in the running animation, unable to move, use skills, or potions. The second happened today, my character was floating in the air, unable to move, but I was able to use skills. Both of these glitches have eliminated me in early round, and forced me to waste Master DEX potion and food. Even if someone kills you, you're still stuck in a helpless state until you're eventually eliminated. Please fix this. Thanks.

#87 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 04:07 AM

Yes. We have already stated earlier in this thread that hte Shield Charge skill is terrible to use, just because it can really screw you over.
I haven't been to the Colo more than once, due to the current state of it.

#88 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:57 AM

Something to add on the list: I'd like to be able to use a potion while on mount. :rice:

#89 617130507113120923

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:21 AM

*Important*
One suggestion I would like to make is to limit the number of times a user can post a message to certain channels. Spam would be SIGNIFICANTLY reduced in Find Party chat and Trade chat if a user was only allowed to post their message once every 20-30 seconds.

*Not as important*
It would also be nice to fix the bug where mousing over someones Vendor Shop and moving the cursor into your Character Window or other menu's it can adversely effect the cursor. For example: When clicking a Rune to apply it to gear, if your cursor passes over a vendor on the way to your character window it resets the cursor image. I have also experienced problems in some menu's where clicking on an item will instead go to the Vendor that is set up behind the menu I clicked on.

A suggestion has been made to reward users in PVP based off of the % of damage that they do to the players. I really like this suggestion, but there would be balance issues that would come from this as a fix. It would stop players like me (Rogue) from stealing kills and getting all of the credit, but just as easily break the balance allowing a priest to walk around tab DoTing everyone in the arena. It is a difficult thing to properly balance, but I do hope that a solution is made. It is obvious that some classes are truly affected by this setup (Monk).

#90 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

A suggestion has been made to reward users in PVP based off of the % of damage that they do to the players. I really like this suggestion, but there would be balance issues that would come from this as a fix. It would stop players like me (Rogue) from stealing kills and getting all of the credit, but just as easily break the balance allowing a priest to walk around tab DoTing everyone in the arena. It is a difficult thing to properly balance, but I do hope that a solution is made. It is obvious that some classes are truly affected by this setup (Monk).

I'm not sure if this suggestion was made in this thread or not, but someone suggested it only be based on the damage that was dealt in x seconds before they died (I think it was 10 seconds, but I don't actually remember). That would solve that problem, and the possible problem of a priest colluding with someone else and just repeatedly healing themselves up in order to grant a massive amount of points when they finally let the other person kill them.

#91 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Something to add (again) on the list: To be able to send more than ONE item via mail... :ho:
EDIT: Oh, and another feature: To be able to split a pile of items (potions, craps, ...) while trading :rolleyes:

Edited by Arukad0, 05 June 2013 - 04:09 PM.

#92 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

Thank you guys for throwing more things into the basket! :] It's great to see.

#93 Doumz

Doumz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:49 AM

For the love of God,please add the option to lock the action bar,it's really annoying when you accidentally drag a spell when clicking it,then losing it,then having to open up you're skill windows mid-fight to bring the skill back ...

#94 Airalis

Airalis

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Can the dev team somehow make the trees and its leaves become transparent when the camera is behind it? It gets really annoying doing stuff with the trees is in your face. Zooming in and out sometimes makes it worse.

#95 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 07:57 AM

For the love of God,please add the option to lock the action bar,it's really annoying when you accidentally drag a spell when clicking it,then losing it,then having to open up you're skill windows mid-fight to bring the skill back ...

Have you tried using Right-Click instead of Left-Click? It might help you. But, be warned, it's bugged as well. Sometimes when right-clicking, it doesn't activate the ability. So, yea, choose between the devil and the deep blue sea.

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 07 June 2013 - 07:58 AM.

#96 TheCommander

TheCommander

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

I don't know if this is a bug or just bad implementation, but it's not serious, so I think I'll take a stab and drop it here... I apologize if this really isn't the place.

For Sorcerers, JT Mastery, the ability that makes your next JT insta-cast, is consumed on ability cast, and not cast initiation. I've lost count on just how many JT Mastery buffs I've wasted because of this. What tends to happen, is I fire off a Cold Bolt, and I start casting the JT before the CB hits. The CB hits halfway through the JT cast, and procs JT Mastery. The JT continues casting and is fired off, consuming the JT Mastery Buff, and leaving me without an insta-cast JT.

Edit: I also have to agree with the better transportation. Though I think what would work better is one long-distance transportation place in each zone, instead of just the two cities.

Edited by TheCommander, 07 June 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#97 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

Hello TheCommander ! Your suggestion belongs here, don't worry. This thread is mainly for Quality of Life improvements, and the thing you are describing certainly sounds like something that would improve the gameplay as a sorcerer :] I'm happy you found your way here. If you come up with anything else, please, let us know! Thank you for your submission.

#98 Thinuviel

Thinuviel

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

What has to be done is remove the increase in speed and stats just because you are VIP, it doesnt make any sense, how can someone win against a vip member in the arena or colosseum? the super large bags cant be crafted, only can be obtained from the Kafra shop and there's a Khara mission where you need 3 and each one costs 2000 points! WTF!? I understand the need of gaining money with the game, but try not to mess up the free side of it because you guys are going to regret it, when you have no free players the ones that pay are going to leave because of the boredom and this will only be a bad memory. Im not trying to be disrespectful or anything but take a look at GW2, they just sold the install, the game is pretty free and already done like 6 major updates with events and everything, you have to keep up to that...

#99 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 08 June 2013 - 12:33 PM

Yeah, me again (sorry...) xD
Quality of Life Improvement #4: To have the possibility to sort your characters (on the Charac Selection screen oc)

#100 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

Thinuviel, the game is pretty much pay2win at the moment, in that regard. You can enjoy the game without it, but you will never be as good as one who paid for power. I know it sucks, but that's how it currently is.

Arukad0, don't be sorry, by all means please come up with all you got ^^

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users