[List] Quality of Life improvements. - Page 3 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[List] Quality of Life improvements.

149 replies to this topic

#51 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:15 PM

No wonder this thread got pinned! Good work ^_^

I have one suggestion. It would be nice to put this into your first comment as well MuuhMuuh!

Bags:
Sometimes it's possible to click through the items in the bags. This usually is the case if there's a npc behind the item in your bag you just clicked. Sometimes this can be annoying. While bags are open you shouldn't be able to interact with things behind the bags~
Maybe this is a bug. I don't think that this is made intentionally to annoy the players xD

#52 Hizzi

Hizzi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:39 AM

I find a name for my guild, however the name is too long.

I think 10 characters is too short to have a correct guild name.

This is why it is necessary that you increase the number of characters to 24 (basicaly).

I've already post this to improve the game. but few people have responded to me.do you think that will be better?
In any case I am convinced that 10 characters is too short for a guild name.

#53 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

Great to see all the suggestions in this thread!
The whole point is to gather everything in one place, for all to see.
Keep it coming !

Also, I'm not sure how I'm going to keep the "main" list updated, since it can't be continued forever (Forum limitations). I'll try to keep up later, as I'm kinda busy at the moment.

Added 9.7 , 9.8 , 9.9 and 2.2

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 23 May 2013 - 11:50 AM.

#54 1812130505113343537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 10:14 AM

Another thing would be to actually respond to customer support questions, I asked them three days ago how to fix "Checking Warp Portal. Please wait." error on steam, I have tried launching it directly from the client but it gives me:

The system cannot find the file specified.

IP Addr: 64.94.115.8

This has been nearly a week of this going now.

#55 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

I feel that belongs in another place than this thread, sorry.
Try to re-install the game, or if you're using steam Right click the game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache.

// Updated 8.3 with the Shield Charge bug - Stuck in place running.

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 25 May 2013 - 02:27 PM.

#56 6660130518164632090

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:17 AM

I used ctrl+f so see if someone already said this and i didn't find anything so, here it goes:

something that is being asked for a lot of users: make costumes permanent
pros: a larger costumer base

more people will be willing to spend their money if they actually get to keep the item

at the moment, only a selected group of users that don't care/have the money buy costumes constantly, but when they get tired they will stop consuming

Cons: periodical new releases (more work)

well, obviously if they don't release new stuff..users will, eventually, have all they want and money will stop coming.

but, at least I expect, permanent or not, that the staff will always release some new stuff...If they don't...lazy asses :p_swt:

My first impression when I stole some korean identity and downloaded Kro was: "Oh my gherd this game is so pretty! :p_love: " meaning that...the aesthetics in this game are kind of important and well...a lot of us (for what I can see in the repeated threads about making costumes permanent) want our characters to look pretty

#57 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:20 AM

I appreciate you took the time to search the thread before posting ^.^

Hopefully your suggestion will be added to the game, but from a business point-of-view, I doubt it, as they already made the decision of letting costumes expire. I support your idea never the less.

Added 3.2 to the list. [Mousewheel zoom in/out is different values]

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 27 May 2013 - 10:23 AM.

#58 6660130518164632090

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationSantiago, Chile.

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:31 AM

they should realize that they are making money now, but users will realize that it's not a good deal for them and wont pay anymore.
at least making things permanent is a sure income...maybe slow but steady and durable.

but yeah...I have not seen any comment of the staff about it and maybe they just like thing the way they are..

anyway...dreaming is free xD

Edited by 6660130518164632090, 27 May 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#59 Mondaiji

Mondaiji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 136 posts
  • LocationLutie
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hello WarpPortal, and Ragnarok Community!

I've played Ragnarok for the past 2 weeks, and I've written down some things about the game that I would like to see improved. Some are outright bugs in the game, some are just quality of life-improvements.

I will update the list the more I find on my way through the Ragnarok 2 world.
Please, if you have any suggestions or corrections, let me know :]

Thank you for your time.

9.9 User Mondaiji Wants open bags to be solid -> Currently, you can click "through" them, and target monsters and what not. http://forums.warppo...ost__p__1346726

I realized it applies on everything and not just the bags. You can click through everything... This needs a change... please correct my mistake ^^

#60 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 28 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

I realized it applies on everything and not just the bags. You can click through everything... This needs a change... please correct my mistake ^^

Yes, the worst thing about this is when you open you bag to eat some food cause your hp/sp is low and go running off and attack a mob instead because you clicked through your bag. I've had it happen when clicking someone in the guild window to invite them to party as well, I would consider this more of a bug than a feature suggestion, considering that it happens randomly and not all the time I doubt it was intended behavior.

#61 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:06 AM

How about a pickup skill so you can pickup items using the keyboard rather than right-clicking all the time?

#62 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:32 AM

How about a pickup skill so you can pickup items using the keyboard rather than right-clicking all the time?

That's what the R key does. (at least in the standard layout.)

#63 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 11:11 AM

I changed your statement in the original post Mondaiji.

As for the auto-loot, yes, a skill would be nice to add as well. The default "R" loot is bugged as well. Too many times does it run to a target you have already looted, or empty mobs. It's annoying.

Added 2.3 - Flying Transport -> Infinite Combat

Edited by MuuhMuuh, 29 May 2013 - 12:32 PM.

#64 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:33 PM

As a new player I am finding it very difficult to locate NPCs...

The text above the NPC name is hard to read especially when there are lots of other players around. I wish the NPC name and titles were all a bold/bright color to stand out in the crowd.

Using the map it's also hard to locate NPCs. It would be really nice if there was a search capability on the map display to find NPCs by name and/or function, etc.

#65 TwiliteGarden

TwiliteGarden

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1308 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted 29 May 2013 - 01:35 PM

As for the auto-loot, yes, a skill would be nice to add as well. The default "R" loot is bugged as well. Too many times does it run to a target you have already looted, or empty mobs. It's annoying.

I never noticed this. Been using 'R' for about a day now (I just learned about it yesterday. :) ) and it seems to work fine. Maybe it's just because I am happy not to have to right-click all the time now. :)

#66 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:27 PM

Life improvements... Well... Already discussed about Colosseum and Auction Room, so I won't insist too much... You know... ON/OFF Colosseum-bc, improve filters, etc etc... :hmm: (I guess something will be done about these things)

Here a few things I'd like to see:
1) A dance for the Shadow form. I laughed so hard when I see the dances for the beastmaster's transformations :heh: ... So I was very disappointed when the /dance command didn't worked for the sin's transformation... And why not a dance on peco...
2) A fix for the loots... You all know what I mean... Glowing corpse, you come to loot and... nothing... SO ANNOYING !! :pif:
3) A lil improvement on battles... Always annoying when you're not moving, and the monster come to you... so close that it's on your back... "Must be in front of the monster"... some kind of "auto-reverse" ?
4) Speaking of monsters... Recalibrate the respawn system... Can't collect ressources sometimes... :/
5) Instead of a choice of colors for chat/threatmeter/... (still a good idea) why not a kind of skins, like on RO1.... no?
6) The possibility to click-on-field to unselect a target.
7) A "Character Look Change" kafra operation. Not only haircut/dye or face, the voice too !! Why? Well, here's a little story. When I started the game on day one, I got a patch problem... Nothing serious because I could play, but I still had the korean voices... And the US voices don't have the same tone... So my "sensual" voice became a "slµtty/dumb" voice... :sob:
Thanks for reading ^^
EDIT: I hope my message is clear, and if not... well... Sorry about my english :bow:

Edited by Arukad0, 29 May 2013 - 03:50 PM.

#67 Yggdrafall

Yggdrafall

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:24 PM

Would also be nice if the links in the launcher opened up with our default browsers instead of that abomination IE

#68 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:29 PM

Would also be nice if the links in the launcher opened up with our default browsers instead of that abomination IE

Fully support this, I completely removed IE from my computer, so I can't even open them at all, for the longest time I thought the launcher was just broken.

#69 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:25 AM

Great to see you guys still coming up with improvements to the game!

I added Arukad0's list to the main page, 9.10 and I added 8.8 - Change Launcher to use default browser.

#70 CloudySkys

CloudySkys

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 254 posts
  • LocationIcE

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:31 AM

Allow us to run multiple game clients on the same computer. I like to dual or triple box most games that I play, and it gets a lot more difficult when I have to turn and reach off to the side to use a different pc for the second client (along with this game's lack of a follow command, which I've already suggested, it gets even more difficult). Dual/triple boxing can get difficult enough when a game allows multi-client, please don't make me play a game of twister with my mice and keyboards because you for some reason felt the need to limit your game to 1 instance per computer.

#71 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:56 PM

I support the idea of multiple clients, but I don't think it's their priority as their average player will most likely only be needing one. But yes, allow us to run multiple instances :)

#72 bleeaarrgh

bleeaarrgh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:34 AM

This is more of a Quality of life thing. In dungeons, when a boss is looted, all the roll windows come up. You go to click roll on a piece of gear you use, and the next window pops up asking you if you're SURE you want to pick this up, cuz it's bind on pickup. That window's good, for obvious reasons, but it really sucks that that second window pops up BEHIND the roll windows. So occasionally, if there's enough loot items, you won't be able to confirm your roll, since you can't actually click on the confirm button because it's behind everything else. But if you close out the windows in front, you forfeit your roll. You're stuck, simply because this new pop-up window pops up in the back instead of the front. Would be a good fix. :P

#73 bleeaarrgh

bleeaarrgh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 12:38 AM

I've been told that you can confirm your roll also by simply hitting enter, but I still feel that any sort of confirmation pop-up window should pop up in the front. Not the back. Again, it's quality of life, you can get through without changing it, but this one small detail would make loads of difference.

#74 MuuhMuuh

MuuhMuuh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Agreed, it's really annoying. Atleast make it so when you click the window behind all the loot popups (you can see the sides) - Bring it to the front!

I added point 5.2 - Daily quest bug.

#75 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:42 PM

Another [not so important] thing to improve IMO: About character customization. Because 10-12 choices per option is a bit low...
More haircuts, more colors (hair & eyes), more details...: facial hair styles, body tattooes, scars...
Like we can see on some NPC (Zeras, King, ...), so I guess it's possible. :hmm:

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users