[List] Quality of Life improvements. - Page 6 - Feedback & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[List] Quality of Life improvements.

149 replies to this topic

#126 RUN3CR0W

RUN3CR0W

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

I think most things I have issues with have already been covered (in particular the aggressive mob respawn rate needing to be raised to at least a minute or two).

One thing that I didn't see mentioned is for Artisans I feel the crafting list is way too unorganized. At first when I was buying everything I could craft (before I realized how broke it was leaving me and decided to stick with my class) I had to spend several minutes just trying to find the right level and class for each piece of gear I was looking for. The items should be listed by type (cloth/leather), level, and class. Right now it's just way too messy.

Edited by RUN3CR0W, 23 June 2013 - 01:36 AM.

#127 Heron69

Heron69

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

Since I wouldn't want to take a thread space, I will just put my suggestion here. @.@

It would be nice if we have automatic Peer Chat Lv1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50. In this way, we form peer communities and can get to know each other. Right now, all players spam in Find Party and most people just turn it off or ignore it unless they want to use it. We have like hundreds of players online and yet, there're only like tens who use the Find Party chat and most of them just spams. And, in order to prevent spam, maybe put a 5sec time interval between a repeat of same message with the error message, "Please wait a while more before you repeat same message."

Also... One of the things that discourage players to not play RO2 is the default chat. Since the default chat starts with Public, Trade, Find Party, it is not readable for the beginners. Even if another person whispers to you or use normal chat to talk, you usually don't notice because everything is crammed together. So, we can probably make the default chat tabs like: 1st tab = Normal, Whisper, Party || 2nd tab: Public, Trade, Find Party || 3rd tab: System, Battle, etc.

If there was also an in-game guild list which we can see "guild name, lvl, total members, online now" and can apply, that would solve many inconveniences in finding a suitable guild instead of hopping non-stop. ._.

And last suggestion for me is, I would like an "appearance reset scroll" in the Kafra shop. :( We made our characters since long ago and over the time, we get bored of our appearance and would like to reset it. It probably isn't that hard of a function so I hope it becomes available. Thank you. >.<

Edited by Heron69, 25 June 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#128 varkan

varkan

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

Make a 30 second automatic ban after posting one message for /3 channel. PLEASE!

#129 friskylime

friskylime

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:06 AM

I'd like to add a couple of bug problems to this list if they haven't already! (I didn't see them anywhere.)

#1 I play a Beastmaster, and sometimes when using the move Beast Charge, it is possible to get infinately stuck rolling if the target is or suddenly moves behind an obsticle you normally couldn't charge through, rendering it impossible for you to use any other skills or attack or do ANYTHING else what so ever, yet still be attacked yourself. I've had this happen to me in both dungeons and the colloseum, and it is a pain when I have to log out or die in order to fix it. Something that would time this skill out automatically if the target is somehow not reached within a certain time frame would be great. Also, sometimes it is possible for everyone else to see the glitched animation infinately rolling, and for that one skill to become locked out by itself infinately even after dying or making a successful attack with it as well.

#2 An error message that says either, you do not have enough time to cast this skill, or you are too far from the target, when in fact you are facing it, right in front of it, and have no cooldown remaining on any of your skills nor are you silenced or prohibited in any other way from using a skill. Sometimes moving around will fix this, but usually it will not, preventing you from using any strong moves against the target.

#130 Tenkei0

Tenkei0

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

Can you please add the following:

- Khara improvement - When entering a zone or a dungeon, the Khara that are available in this area will glow or get differentiated. Also, improve it so if I click on a mob name in the list, it shows me which zone and map it is available in (just like quests)

- Chat improvement - to avoid people spamming, put a cooldown on repeated text. If someone spams 3 of the same line in 5 seonds, place 5 second delay until they can shout the same thing again. This is implemented in FFXI since 2004 and was very useful in keeping people from spam shouting in chat.

- Change VIT/Health potions to add percentage instead of base VIT. This way Alchemists can make something useful.

I have a lot more but I forgot right now. Will add later.

Thanks!

#131 Snowberries01

Snowberries01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:32 AM

Please add/fix the following:
- Tabbing; why does Summon Aqua, Deluge, and Falcon show up when you tab? You can't kill them nor will tabbing them benefit you.

- Customize chat coloring.

- Allow players to reset raids manually on their own in Character Menu with 3 maximum resets per day. It's not fun waiting for every Wednesday and Sunday to reset raids.

#132 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

Add timers to dots (preferably the player's own dots only) on the target frame. It is frustrating not to know when exactly your dot is going to expire

#133 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

The threat meter doesn't open for me sometimes...

#134 NayruNightwing

NayruNightwing

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:08 PM

One QoL improvement that I'd like to see implemented is having the colors for bodies that can be looted and/or gathered from be different. For example instead of both being purple, have lootable bodies be purple and gatherable bodies be blue or something. This would make life so much easier, especially in dungeons where there are lots of bodies and pressing 'r' to loot them can be such a pain in the butt cause, as people stated before, you run to bodies already looted or you run into walls/ledges cause you're trying to go to a body thats a large distance away, I also dont have time to pass my mouse over every body to make sure that i've looted everything cause everybody wants to move on so fast =/

Anyways thats just my little tidbit that I wanted to add

#135 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:16 PM

If embroideries work only on top armors, and whetstones work only on weapons, then why do we have to select the weapons that we wanna buff?

Why not just make it buff the equipped gear automatically?

#136 vaddz

vaddz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

Not sure if this belongs here, and I've posted it somewhere else too, but here it goes anyway.

At first I really appreciated the durability system for items (it's always been this way for most korean MMOs). This would mean that zeny won't be "hoarded", since you have to spend zeny every now and then for repairs. I liked it. But that was before reaching 50.

Now that I'm 50, I'm starting to curse the durablity system. There's no way of getting zeny without involving other players (you need to be gathering mats, hunting cards and sell them to players who need them, sell your crafting skill to others, etc.). This is good, for a fast growing community, where new (and lots of) players join everyday, but in RO2's current population, the demand on these things will slowly decrease, up until the demand on them just plainly disappears. What other way to gain zeny then? Kill mobs for loots to sell to NPCs? No No, the repair cost will be twice if not thrice the amount you get from selling loots. Make a new char and level it to 50, gaining somewhere between 2~3k in the process, but for a week or 2 duration! This is fun, at first, but it gets boring real quick.

Enough with the drama, my suggestion is make mobs drop gold too. Make us gain zeny (or rupees) from killing mobs, similar to how we gain EXP from killing them. Say level 1 mobs give 5~10 rupee, level 10 mobs give 10~20 rupee, and so on. This way, even though it's not much, it could address the discouraging repair costs.

#137 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:20 AM

Add an option to switch between server and local time on the minimap.

#138 1903121229162606143

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA! USA!
  • Server:RO2 is DEAD

Posted 14 July 2013 - 02:05 PM

pls pls pls, add an option to hide npc and other player names from the screen.

#139 Voltorios

Voltorios

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my shield.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

Nice information. One thing that bothers me a little bit (it came up after reading your threat meter UI suggestions) but the threat alone seems a little funky in this game sometimes. I understand there are bosses that deal random damage... but if I have 100k more threat than anyone else in the party why the hell don't I have aggro? Just seems weird to me.

Edited by Voltorios, 17 July 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#140 rasterfahndung

rasterfahndung

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:40 PM

9.9 User Mondaiji Wants open bags to be solid -> Currently, you can click "through" them, and target monsters and what not. http://forums.warppo...ost__p__1346726 -> changed statement to ALL WINDOWS, not just bags.

^THIS!!!

its so annoying to be in a dialog with any npc and then u suddenly run to somewhere else and hit a monster or click another npc... such a waste of time and it makes me rage... i just want to stay in the dialog i attended...

Edited by rasterfahndung, 25 July 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#141 eerie

eerie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 700 posts
  • LocationNorthern California
  • Server:RIP: Valkyrie

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

Probably already in here, but eh, I'll take my chances... :sob:

http://forums.warppo...things-in-game/

#142 MichahWolf84

MichahWolf84

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Well i got a Suggestion for quality of life improvement 

how about an auto loot feature i hate the fact that you have to keep having to manually loot each body one at a time would like it if you can just right click and automatically loot the body or group of bodies ect 

#143 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 07:14 PM

Please add a 4th row for hotkeys! Running out of room for legit (non-emote) hotkeys :sob:

#144 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

So Pron Fortress is really going to be the official spelling of it?

http://forums.warppo...y-we-proofread/

#145 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:16 AM

Well i got a Suggestion for quality of life improvement 

how about an auto loot feature i hate the fact that you have to keep having to manually loot each body one at a time would like it if you can just right click and automatically loot the body or group of bodies ect 

This so much.

I'd LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to just skip all the inane animations once and for all past the tutorial stages.

#146 Pharol

Pharol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 06:46 PM

Decrease the Queen of Destruction's respawn timer.

Eight hours is ludicrously long, especially since people are literally capable of soloing her right now (I couldn't make that up if I tried). You don't want us to farm her, okay, fine, I get it. At least give her a loot lockout, then. I can't tell you how many times I've had a group of friends wanting to kill her, only to find out she's dead on all channels, including 20.

#147 Shazno

Shazno

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationYour closet

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:32 AM

Create a macro for gathering, so that you can gather without having to fully loot a corpse first @_@

Edit: Also make it possible to see the DNA pieces of summons you've gathered so you don't have to scroll down the list and search every monster instead of memorizing what you do and don't have. Like if i've got 3/4 pieces of a summon then it would appear next on the list after the summons i've already got.

Edited by Shazno, 13 April 2014 - 03:05 PM.

#148 NekoOokami

NekoOokami

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

my suggestion about the friend status

- always keep the checked status on viewing friends online, because its always a hussle trying to check it everytime you try to find out who among your friends are online..

#149 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 October 2014 - 04:09 AM

Friends 170 online 2 T-T

#150 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 06 October 2014 - 06:09 AM

Edit: Also make it possible to see the DNA pieces of summons you've gathered so you don't have to scroll down the list and search every monster instead of memorizing what you do and don't have. Like if i've got 3/4 pieces of a summon then it would appear next on the list after the summons i've already got.

Although quite old: The letter for a fragment is determined on usage, not pick-up. And once you've used it, you see the letter in the "item" chat window. Would be cool, if the chat shows the overall progression there as well. Alternatively, the chat entry could be a shortcut to open your pet menu on the right entry.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users