August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance - Page 4 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

August 14 Steve Martin Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
398 replies to this topic

#76 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:02 AM

Everyone is giving a list or atleast a suggestion what they would like to see in the new lucky box. But here's a list of gears/stuffs I'd not like to see for another month :
1. No Chance for Safe to 7 Chance box.
2. No more potions going mental.
3. Burn the scrolls that have mercenary written on it.
4. No 'comeback' top headgear (enough of top headgears)
5. Bloody branches

#77 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:03 AM

Everyone is giving a list or atleast a suggestion what they would like to see in the new lucky box. But here's a list of gears/stuffs I'd not like to see for another month :
5. Bloody branches

i wouldnt mind NEW top headgears.... but would rather see cold breath make its first appearance (costume or non costume would be fine)

#78 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:05 AM

Costume: Devil Ear Wing is not in this lucky box. The artists were given early access to the costume and other costumes. It may be available by other means in the future. We can look at expanding the contributor's only items list to include more selections that will not be available elsewhere.

We do different things with the various event in order to try and mix it up. With the king poring hats the idea was, since they are random rewards players can trade among themselves to finish their collection. Like if I had 2 green hats and Oda had a double of the crown. I would then try to get Oda to grade me his spare of the crown for my spare green.

The creative convention hat is supposed to go to the Artist who contributed/person who came up with the quest concept etc...They aren't just for people creating artwork but also for contributors in the Raconteurs. If you know of people submitting other people's work claiming it as their own please let Oda/Me know.

Also, if anyone is interested in joining the Raconteurs please let me know!

Old event rewards sometimes return either via Kafra or event to give players a second chance at them if they weren't there to do the original event. We often get requests such as "When is the Rudolph Hairband coming back?". What I wish we could do is clone them and create 'replica' EX (Replica: Air Pirate's Bandana) versions to mark them as different from the original. We plan to start requesting these but we do not know if it will be approved.

Although I agree it seriously feels like a wednesday, it is still tuesday. Maintenance is tomorrow.

Thank you for your respond on the matter Campitor. I am glad to hear the headgear will not be out in the lucky box directly after I requested for it. >.<; I almost thought that was the case. And expanding into a contributor only item would be much appreciated. I wish it was brought up earlier so we didn't have to go through these frustration honestly.

As for the Creative Convention Hat given to people who didn't create the art, the rule didn't exist then and so many people participated in that using artist work they paid for to get the art. Also there were many in game screenshot submission which honestly in my opinion, does not equal the effort and time artist put into drawing an original piece. Many of these reasons have devalued the Creative Convention Hat's uniqueness all in all and I am afraid it's a little late to reverse that.

I hope that the future RO art related events will be more organized to be more encouraging for artist to participate. I believe prizes should be mentioned before hand. Many of us artist had no idea what to expect for rewards and still took the time to participate, at the end we were asked what we want instead because Oda doesn't know what to reward us either. After we requested, it was turned down due to various reasons, and we have to compromise for something lesser. I opted for the one costume among so many, waited for a good while and finally got it.. but it got announced publicly, and it will be available to others too, it was a little much for me to take in all these disappointment, honestly. ><;

Edited by WarlockFier, 13 August 2013 - 10:07 AM.

#79 nickolyx

nickolyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1684 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal ( Chaos )

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:20 AM

Bloody Branches still in box after July box been in market for a month!! Holy -_-..

#80 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:26 AM

5. Bloody branches

6. No Heroic Backpack

#81 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:38 AM

Black Framed Glasses [1]!

#82 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Mystical Amplification Scrolls and well overdue now.

#83 AngeIic

AngeIic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

An updated training ground and character creation :o
Its great to see things that are many years overdue coming to fruition..

can't wait to get the banking system and pac-man style timers 

#84 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

I don't think you understand the process so let me lay it out for you.

1. kRO develops a feature such as ingame bank system and navigation system.

2. kRO implements the feature on their live servers.

3. iRO requests a specific feature they'd like to have on their servers.

4. iRO receives the data when kRO feel like sending it.

Zeny bank came out recently on kRO while navigation system's been out for years.

that is a TERRIBLE way to run a business. like, seriously, thats a direct route to bankruptcy right there. no wonder this game is doing so terrible. gravity has no self respect for its public image. no business on the planet should/or does run like this. i dont understand why they wouldnt want to update all of their servers at the same time so that their product looks the best it possibly can worldwide. the retardation behind this entire game is just mindblowing

How many people remember when EVERYONE requested the map change for Mid TI? And it ended up being Prontera because the staff got tired of people saying it's too big. Honestly, the Comodo Dungeon is NOT a bad map. The TIs have already made it easier to level ANYTHING than it used to be when the game was pay-to-play. Back before there was a VIP reward for subscribing, back before there was Kafra shop where you can buy anything to increase EXP. Hell, even back before there were as many events as there are now(I remember Anniversary, April Fools, 4th of July, and major public Holidays being the only ones EVER).

youre talking about the year 2003 when mmorpgs were something new and the majority of companies releasing them were just trying to rush out grindfests to capitalize off of while they were becoming popular. that no longer works and trying to do so is a good way to bankrupt your company. mmorpgs have standards to live up to now and this game is simply not living up to the basic standards of a modern day mmorpg: hardly any quests, getting to lvl 150 is hard and tedious (mainly due to the lack of quests). theres almost no endgame whatsoever. theres no gear sets to work towards since everything is purchasable now. elitest community that only thinks about themselves and complains about any changes geared towards welcoming new players. making money is extremely difficult due to lack of zeny rewards and botted economy.

oh and another side effect of the extremely slow leveling is that the majority of new players end up quitting once they see how bad leveling is past lvl 99, so things like the Battlegrounds end up suffering since the old player base will never que it up since they have everything already. also since so many players quit after 99, the mid and HIGH ti's end up taking forever to find parties for because theres hardly anyone leveling 101-150 now

Definition of a Good Turn-in Map : Any map which is circular or can get you back to the start point without making you walk-back is a good map for TI.

This keeps the circulation of spawns all around the map. Maps such as Comodo Dungeon, Abyss 01 have their dead-ends and narrow paths which makes it very time-consuming, even if you use Giant fly wings and unavoidable-lags make it really difficult. Whereas in maps like Geffen Dungeon, Abyss 03, Orc Dungeon 01, if you notice, people are more fond of such maps and the spawn circulation is awesome even if there are more than one or two parties hunting.

So, I please request Oda to re-consider changing the map before the maintenance, because after maintenance, there will be 13354647665... people complaining about the High TI map and eventually, you'd have to change it in the very next maint.

^this

Edited by killedbytofu, 13 August 2013 - 10:51 AM.

#85 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:48 AM

Mystical Amplification Scrolls and well overdue now.

That's a terrible suggestion for a lucky box item. It'd be alright for groove pack, though.

#86 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

5. Bloody branches

6. No Heroic Backpack

I've been saying no more HBP's for awhile now along with the Merc Scrolls. The mental potions definitely need to go too. They shouldn't be in a Lucky Box regardless nor should bb's. I've also been saying enough with the Upper Headgears. We need some new lower & mid headgears with actual stats. Slotted ones would be nice too.

I sure hope this isn't going to be another Lucky Box repeat of the same old stuff. BMx3, KVM's, etc... Would be good to add EMB's to a box for a change.

#87 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:05 AM

Is replacing one of the Low TI monsters still possible?

I just realized Zipper Bear Cards are insanely prized high.  :gg:

#88 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

To be honest, you cannot expect the lucky box to just have a heroic backpack, a kafra blossom, safe to 10 cert and some high-end gear. There will always be few -_-ty and terrible things that will be put in the box. If it was only good things that'd come in a box, why would it be named as a LUCKY box? :D

#89 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

I've been saying no more HBP's for awhile now along with the Merc Scrolls. 

eh theres no point limiting the HBPs since pretty much every rich person/old player has one now. i still always see people buying them despite other players owning like 4-5 of them. at this point its not even a rare item. its just an overpriced one thats out of reach for new players. 

#90 Einherhart

Einherhart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 768 posts
  • LocationHamilton, NZ
  • Server:My Own Uprising

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

Please put one of these in the lucky box > Black devil's mask / Black frame glasses [1] / Kafra blossom card

This please, especially BDM and KBC  :bow:  :bow:

#91 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:36 AM

what is the official ruling on KBC? i thought kRO was dead set against them ever returning... did something change?

#92 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:46 AM

I'd actually love to see bdm again. haven't seen them for a while now. 

#93 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Offtopic, when are Sound Amplifiers getting implemented in game, along with the correct mobs that drop them?

#94 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

Offtopic, when are Sound Amplifiers getting implemented in game, along with the correct mobs that drop them?

They have to update the Al De Baran Guild Dungeon. Floor 2 only spawns normal Killer mantis, which have less than 100k hp. Killer Mantis which drops Sound Amplifier is mini boss Killer Mantis with 200k+ hp. They really have to pay attention with locating mobs and map. Sound Amplifier got updated around September 2011 in kRo. We're actually behind on this (surprisingly) and we should have them in the client unless kro dev team missed to update it to iro client, which i don't think so. 

#95 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Thought so, thanks for the clarification. Surprised it hasn't been fixed for THAT long...

#96 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

Sound Amplifier is in game, but it remains unobtainable. The item effect matches kRO's current version.

#97 CharAznable

CharAznable

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2716 posts
  • LocationWest Pront

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:08 PM

Thought so, thanks for the clarification. Surprised it hasn't been fixed for THAT long...

Also, They should also fix Creamy Fear in Prontera guild dungeon. Creamy Fear should drop it as well. from the first floor. I might be confused with Sura's accessory. Either way, They both have to be fixed.

#98 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

Some useful and really interesting scrolls :

1. Change the Turn-In Map Scroll
2. Repair your broken equipment Scroll.
3. VIP Buffs scroll.
4. Party ressurrection scroll.
5. Temporarily increase weight limit scrolls.

Edit : Oh, and ofcourse, 6. Silence Kathryn Keyron scrolls.

Edited by bloodyrascal, 13 August 2013 - 12:27 PM.

#99 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:32 PM

Make a "lucky box / groove pack suggestion" pinned thread? :heh:

Though some of us don't even know what un-released new headgears are available at the GMs' disposal.

#100 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 13 August 2013 - 01:05 PM

Some useful and really interesting scrolls :

1. Change the Turn-In Map Scroll
2. Repair your broken equipment Scroll.
3. VIP Buffs scroll.
4. Party ressurrection scroll.
5. Temporarily increase weight limit scrolls.

Edit : Oh, and ofcourse, 6. Silence Kathryn Keyron scrolls.

1. Isn't possible. The TI's can't be changed other then by the GM's during maintenance.

2. That's what Merchant Class is for & the Repair NPC's.

3. Already have VIP Buffs for VIP Members in Eden.

4. There are already Token of Siegfrieds & Classes that can resurrect members. The whole party isn't normally dead.

5. That's what the Heavy Lifter Box is for & it's permanent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users