Why do many people need "res and let die" ? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why do many people need "res and let die" ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:30 PM

"Ress please and let me die, thanks"

I wonder why there are so many people doing this ?

Do they want to decrease their Base EXP so that they can play in low TI (71-100) forever ?

and why ?

Edited by OBBO, 04 July 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#2 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:31 PM

to increase their job levels before going on to mid TI from what i understand...

#3 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:52 PM

to increase their job levels before going on to mid TI from what i understand...

Does mid TI requires that much of job lvl ?

Do I need to do the same before my lvl goes beyond 100 ?

Edited by OBBO, 04 July 2014 - 07:53 PM.

#4 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:57 PM

getting to 3rd class is good, but not having any job levels makes you even weaker than your trans class, so its very important to get at least enough job levels before going to LV 100, being lv 99 you can use the 99boards in eden to get some decent job exp to help you.  if you go into mid TI without any 3rd class skills, no one will want to add you to their party :P

#5 ranalek

ranalek

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:00 PM

depends on what class you are playing. for example before rangers can put skill points on arrow storm they need to have level 5 aim bolt first. most rangers dont wanna go to mid ti without arrow storm

#6 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:40 PM

They want to make you waste zenny and blue gems.

#7 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 July 2014 - 08:58 PM

I understand not wanting to level and killing yourself over and over but I don't understand why people do it in TIs and put up chats. Guess people don't know you can warp to Pharos lighthouse from Izlude, mob up the ragglers on the map, save at the kafra on the field and die over and over again really fast. :v There is even a Eden NPC right beside the Kafra for you to escape from the map.

#8 Phantaminum

Phantaminum

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 780 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:00 PM

I understand not wanting to level and killing yourself over and over but I don't understand why people do it in TIs and put up chats. Guess people don't know you can warp to Pharos lighthouse from Izlude, mob up the ragglers on the map, save at the kafra on the field and die over and over again really fast. :v There is even a Eden NPC right beside the Kafra for you to escape from the map.

You can afk if you do it in TI. /Toolazytoclickmultipletimes

Edited by Phantaminum, 04 July 2014 - 09:01 PM.

#9 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:17 PM

So many better and more efficient ways to lose exp....

#10 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

Clicking respawn for a minute is hard compared to waiting for hours :v

Edited by Toxn, 04 July 2014 - 09:28 PM.

#11 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

I tell people all the time to go to west pront and just save at the culvert kafra and db there. Goes So fast. Could db at the lighthouse too. Really any field kafra will work. Even the GH kafra thats there now (though that would be ultimately mean to go there, and awkward since it's not nearby a city, which is why west pront is my favorite one to kill myself at.)

That said, its not really worth doing the TI's anymore. The lag is absolutely atrocious and has made leveling in the low and mid TI's completely inefficient.

#12 kevru

kevru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 962 posts
  • Server:retired

Posted 04 July 2014 - 11:31 PM

rich people use poison bottles...

#13 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 12:35 AM

Using a field kafra, you can go from 99% to 0% in less than 5 minutes. There's absolutely no reason to waste poison bottles on something so mundane.

If you have a good db monster (lots of raggler's, or a gargoyle), then you'll die as soon as you respawn, no different than if you used a poison bottle. It's an absolute waste of supplies and money.

Edited by Tkwan, 05 July 2014 - 12:44 AM.

#14 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:01 AM

rich lazy people use poison bottles...

me :D And I ask a friend to res me looooool

#15 LimitBreaker27

LimitBreaker27

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Loki/Chaos

Posted 05 July 2014 - 01:10 AM

Or you can just buy like 15 DBs, warp to pharoes beacon, save there, pop the Dead Branches and just keep respawning....

#16 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:51 AM

Some ppl stays on 3rd job 99/xx for pvp purpose, never try it on iRO yet.

#17 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

Actually the most probable reason to do this is if you use your character to level your other characters to 99 through Ti or Nogg Road Leeching. Would be hard to get into the low TI every week if you're above level 100.

If you want the most effective leveling route. Go for 140 Base before you start on job level that way you always maximize experience earned. (High Ti always gives the best Job Experience)

Edited by Riakuta, 05 July 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#18 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

If you have things to do, doing the chat room in TI is usually best. That way, since you wont even be at your computer, you can still lose EXP.

#19 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:14 AM

I try to stay at level 99 3rd job, so i can use that free skill reset npc. After i hit between job 20 to 30 (depending on when the class maxes out its aoe) then i move onto mid ti. I use the db lighthouse method like some people have mentioned, plus guild tax, and vip reward into job only :-)

#20 Siegfrid

Siegfrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:48 AM

smart people use pharos lighthouse way...

#21 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 05 July 2014 - 02:33 PM

smart people use pharos lighthouse way...

Actually,if you have billions of zeny to waste and not a lot of time,saving somewhere and clicking on poison bottles are the best way for anything other than GX. I don't know why you say smart people when I can just really buy about 100 bottles for a few million,rather than getting naked,gathering up mobs around me on that field,saving via kafra and getting to work.

I could really say "poor people use pharos lighthouse way" right, but they wouldn't make me anymore different than you.

Then again,last time I've visited low ti to make a slave, all I encountered was poor people,so.....

#22 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 05 July 2014 - 04:43 PM

i usually make my char at least job level 15 to 20 before moving to mid TI,  well it depends on the class to reach their prime decent skill for mid TI, my trapper ranger moves to mid TI at job level 18 (when i max my fire trap, detonator n maze trap), my chaser 21 (when i maxed reproduce and shadow spell), my gene about level 16(when i max cart cannon and cart boost). i believe IB RK needs more than 20 since to reach maxed IB requires many skill points.

#23 Siegfrid

Siegfrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:18 PM

Actually,if you have billions of zeny to waste and not a lot of time,saving somewhere and clicking on poison bottles are the best way for anything other than GX. I don't know why you say smart people when I can just really buy about 100 bottles for a few million,rather than getting naked,gathering up mobs around me on that field,saving via kafra and getting to work.

I could really say "poor people use pharos lighthouse way" right, but they wouldn't make me anymore different than you.

Then again,last time I've visited low ti to make a slave, all I encountered was poor people,so.....

save on the said field, use 3-5 DB's die, by the kafra, click respawn, move a bit, die again, rinse and repeat. less than 100k or free if you have some DB's laying around (which you obviously didn't think about) to erase that 99% base exp in around 10mins or less depending on the said person's dial up connection and how fast he can click that respawn button. faster cheaper and more efficient. but then you have to attack personally those said "Poor people" and me just because I gave a different opinion on the said matter cause your righteous side didn't like what I've said, but then again who really gives a rats ass?

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 July 2014 - 07:24 PM

this thread = DOH!

#25 Rotine

Rotine

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

save on the said field, use 3-5 DB's die, by the kafra, click respawn, move a bit, die again, rinse and repeat. less than 100k or free if you have some DB's laying around (which you obviously didn't think about) to erase that 99% base exp in around 10mins or less depending on the said person's dial up connection and how fast he can click that respawn button. faster cheaper and more efficient. but then you have to attack personally those said "Poor people" and me just because I gave a different opinion on the said matter cause your righteous side didn't like what I've said, but then again who really gives a rats ass?

dude, have you tried using poison bottles to lose exp? No? It's FASTER than DB. With DB, you have to wait to get a good monster and even then maybe you will dodge the first attack of the monster. And maybe some random dudes would pass by where you are and the DB mobs would go after that dude right after you respawn...so you have to pull the mobs back to the respawn point. I know theres a low chance for such to happen...but still!

But if you use poison bottles, you always die with one click of the hotkey. It's more expensive but it's definitely faster. And anyway 100 bottles is just about 1.5m...There are many people who don't give a -_- about 1.5m, esp if it means doing something faster even if it's just a bit faster. :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users