Why do many people need "res and let die" ? - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why do many people need "res and let die" ?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 05 July 2014 - 08:03 PM

save on the said field, use 3-5 DB's die, by the kafra, click respawn, move a bit, die again, rinse and repeat. less than 100k or free if you have some DB's laying around (which you obviously didn't think about) to erase that 99% base exp in around 10mins or less depending on the said person's dial up connection and how fast he can click that respawn button. faster cheaper and more efficient. but then you have to attack personally those said "Poor people" and me just because I gave a different opinion on the said matter cause your righteous side didn't like what I've said, but then again who really gives a rats ass?

The ones who give a "rats ass" in this matter are the ones who are using methods like these to maintain their base level and grow their job levels in low TIs so they won't be completely useless when go to mid level. This could apply for completely new players or players leveling their alts. Also the OP, since it was she/he that asked the question.

Now,let me tell you the flaws of your suggestions eh? Saving on a said field means a lot of traveling for most low TI folks, the majority of them being non-vip from what I saw. To save at a place like Pharos Lighthouse, means you will be walking there if not non-vip, unless you can get a warp. For vip, it'll be easier since they could just warp to the Lighthouse from Morroc or Comodo.Using 3-5 DBs would probably do, depending on the monsters that come out. Since a player would be around level 99-100 at the time, there would be many things that would kill you, hitting you at the same time, but that all depends on what comes out of the DB. Someone passing by could also come and easily kill your mobs though. Maybe a soon to be SC trying to change his job. Also, please don't assume what I thought about or not. You have no idea of the thoughts that are swirling around in my head. Especially for players like you.

10 minutes you say? Way to long. How about three minutes or less, depending on how fast you could click respawn and maybe how fast it would take you to gather 100 or less(depending on your % of base exp) poison bottles from a vendor or already having them from investing. You're doing way too much dude. That would only cost you around 1.4m btw...

Please read the post correctly and think of everything you're going to type for me next time you respond to my posts. I could care less about you. I was just replying to the absurd point you made about "smart people".

#27 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:10 PM

is this seriously an argument about the best way to kill yourself and lose exp?

#28 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

Indeed

#29 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:28 PM

Does it matter at this point?

#30 HeIIraiser

HeIIraiser

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1201 posts
  • LocationUranus
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:32 PM

Does it matter at this point?

Everything matters to the trollers

#31 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 09:38 PM

True. Got to get every little detail.

#32 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:01 PM

Now,let me tell you the flaws of your suggestions eh? Saving on a said field means a lot of traveling for most low TI folks, the majority of them being non-vip from what I saw. To save at a place like Pharos Lighthouse, means you will be walking there if not non-vip, unless you can get a warp. For vip, it'll be easier since they could just warp to the Lighthouse from Morroc or Comodo

You can warp directly to Pharos Lighthouse from the Izlude dock (where novices come from). Talk to the ship's captain beside the ship and he offers a warp to the lighthouse. Even for non-VIPs.

There is really no time difference between using Pharos and poison bottles so not sure what the debate is :v

Edited by Toxn, 05 July 2014 - 10:02 PM.

#33 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:10 PM

You could also talk to the witch in Eden and warp to Niffleheim, then either let the monsters kill you or bring a Priest to Resurrect you and talk to the NPCs.

#34 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:16 PM

I used to suicide by DB at Pharos Lighthouse (and west Prontera field before that) until I got tired of people killing my DBs. (Of course I only used one DB at a time, in order not to grief.) Does that not happen anymore?

#35 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 05 July 2014 - 10:27 PM

I used to suicide by DB at Pharos Lighthouse (and west Prontera field before that) until I got tired of people killing my DBs. (Of course I only used one DB at a time, in order not to grief.) Does that not happen anymore?

You don't know anything until someone teaches you or you discover it yourself.

Newbies just do what appears optimal to them. Since they spend every waking moment in TI, that's what they see, and copy.

#36 Tkwan

Tkwan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2260 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

I have an agi knight, so I usually end up spamming 5-10 DB's to break my agi and get some damage through...that is of course, unless I get a good db with high dex.

#37 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:34 AM

You can warp directly to Pharos Lighthouse from the Izlude dock (where novices come from). Talk to the ship's captain beside the ship and he offers a warp to the lighthouse. Even for non-VIPs.

There is really no time difference between using Pharos and poison bottles so not sure what the debate is :v

Going to a dock in Izlude compared to buying some bottles and clicking them...hmm...

In any case, I didn't know about that dock that people could warp from. Thanks for telling me. Guess there are a few things you miss when you don't play for awhile.

Also,I was responding to that guy saying it would take about 10 mins to try whatever method he was suggesting and because he mentioned the Lighthouse.I just wanted to enlighten him.

And anyway else who thinks using Pharos is faster than using poison bottles.

Hey though.I will make sure to try that whenever I decide to make me another GX  :no1: .

Edited by Peerless, 06 July 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#38 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:29 AM

I keep my sorc lvl 100 to leech other charas in low ti, so i don't to rely on randoms to do a -_-ty party. Also, i do it in a TI, so i can like, hey walk down to the corner and buy dinner, or make dinner, eat it, come back and be down 30%.

#39 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 03:40 AM

I keep my sorc lvl 100 to leech other charas in low ti, so i don't to rely on randoms to do a -_-ty party. Also, i do it in a TI, so i can like, hey walk down to the corner and buy dinner, or make dinner, eat it, come back and be down 30%.

Plus notoriety as "that guy who's always killing himself in Low I mean why the hell hasn't he moved up already!?"

I could name quite a few of those people xD

#40 Siegfrid

Siegfrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

dude, have you tried using poison bottles to lose exp? No? It's FASTER than DB. With DB, you have to wait to get a good monster and even then maybe you will dodge the first attack of the monster. And maybe some random dudes would pass by where you are and the DB mobs would go after that dude right after you respawn...so you have to pull the mobs back to the respawn point. I know theres a low chance for such to happen...but still!

But if you use poison bottles, you always die with one click of the hotkey. It's more expensive but it's definitely faster. And anyway 100 bottles is just about 1.5m...There are many people who don't give a -_- about 1.5m, esp if it means doing something faster even if it's just a bit faster. :heh:

obviously you don't know what you're talking about, I've tried every single way from the most longest way of losing your exp, I've tried dying over and over again inside low TI, from asking ress to doing it over and over again, to entering low TI and dying over and over again, dual clienting and using leafs to Poison Bottles, to Db's in pharos lighthouse kafra spot. I've used this on my AGi Ranger, GX, RG, RK, Gene, Mech, AB, Kegerou, Agi Sura, and SC. And as far as im concerned there is NO ONE at pharos lighthouse other than your garden variety leveling bots, when you try to do this in 10mins or less. And ofcourse anyone with half a brain would clean up their mobs afterwards.

what the hell are you saying about gathering mobs? well you can do that too if you're a dirt poor person on RO, You Save at Pharos Lighthouse, Stay near the KAFRA, spawn 5-7DBs (I usually use 5 even on my GX) wait a bit till you die OR use 1 poison bottle, hit respawn, click on 1 tile away from you to move you instantly die. it's basically the same speed of losing exp by spamming Poison Bottle, why did I said it's more efficient than poison bottles? simple, it's because EVERYONE from the riches to the most dirt poor player can use this method without breaking his bank or waiting for resses in Low TI. was going to say how you get to pharos island by talking to Carocc but Toxn beat me to it.

well, this wasn't supposed to be a debate nor the subject, but really no one really gives a rats ass? it's because it's not the subject matter of this thread till someone made it his life to do so.

#41 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

So which method is better to kill myself and lose exp. zeny is not an issue, so do I like drink poison bottles or spamm bb?

#42 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:11 AM

So which method is better to kill myself and lose exp. zeny is not an issue, so do I like drink poison bottles or spamm bb?

The former. Way easier and less time consuming.That is,unless you're a GX.

obviously you don't know what you're talking about, I've tried every single way from the most longest way of losing your exp, I've tried dying over and over again inside low TI, from asking ress to doing it over and over again, to entering low TI and dying over and over again, dual clienting and using leafs to Poison Bottles, to Db's in pharos lighthouse kafra spot. I've used this on my AGi Ranger, GX, RG, RK, Gene, Mech, AB, Kegerou, Agi Sura, and SC. And as far as im concerned there is NO ONE at pharos lighthouse other than your garden variety leveling bots, when you try to do this in 10mins or less. And ofcourse anyone with half a brain would clean up their mobs afterwards.

what the hell are you saying about gathering mobs? well you can do that too if you're a dirt poor person on RO, You Save at Pharos Lighthouse, Stay near the KAFRA, spawn 5-7DBs (I usually use 5 even on my GX) wait a bit till you die OR use 1 poison bottle, hit respawn, click on 1 tile away from you to move you instantly die. it's basically the same speed of losing exp by spamming Poison Bottle, why did I said it's more efficient than poison bottles? simple, it's because EVERYONE from the riches to the most dirt poor player can use this method without breaking his bank or waiting for resses in Low TI. was going to say how you get to pharos island by talking to Carocc but Toxn beat me to it.

well, this wasn't supposed to be a debate nor the subject, but really no one really gives a rats ass? it's because it's not the subject matter of this thread till someone made it his life to do so.

Dude, calm down,it's just a game.

Want me to stop replying to you so your feelings won't get hurt?

In any case,the OP asked a question. A few people answered it. Other people made suggestions including me and you.You said something stupid and I just disagreed with it.

What's done is done. If you want to continue being hurt,do it somewhere else before this thread gets locked.

Cool? :p_hi:

Edited by Peerless, 06 July 2014 - 06:13 AM.

#43 Siegfrid

Siegfrid

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:58 AM

Either one, thats totally up to you.

The former. Way easier and less time consuming.That is,unless you're a GX.

Dude, calm down,it's just a game.

Want me to stop replying to you so your feelings won't get hurt?

In any case,the OP asked a question. A few people answered it. Other people made suggestions including me and you.You said something stupid and I just disagreed with it.

What's done is done. If you want to continue being hurt,do it somewhere else before this thread gets locked.

Cool? :p_hi:

haha, as far as everyone's concerned that actually had the time to read the whole thread you're the one who's got his ego stroked by 6 words, and as far as i'm concerned you're the one who made a stupid decision to make it your life long commitment to antagonize someone because you didn't like what he said like someone who has way too much time on his hands, you can play the righteous person here cause i really don't care, but it's really entertaining to me, but really, again who really gives a rats ass? so yeah its cool, move on~  :lv:

#44 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:07 AM

Either one, thats totally up to you.

haha, as far as everyone's concerned that actually had the time to read the whole thread you're the one who's got his ego stroked by 6 words, and as far as i'm concerned you're the one who made a stupid decision to make it your life long commitment to antagonize someone because you didn't like what he said like someone who has way too much time on his hands, you can play the righteous person here cause i really don't care, but it's really entertaining to me, but really, again who really gives a rats ass? so yeah its cool, move on~  :lv:

:lv:  :lv:  :lv:

#45 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

I want to ask for an NPC that lets us transfer base experience into job, but that would be over the top waste of their time and energy to design.

#46 FrostKing

FrostKing

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:24 AM

Its a sacrifice for ODIN.

:3

#47 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

Grab 100 res tokens 1 bb and that is actually the fastest way.

#48 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Grab 100 res tokens 1 bb and that is actually the fastest way.

Lol, this is true now that think about it.

With this method, you don't even have to confirm your respawn and waste another second.

#49 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 06 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

IMO turn in should block 3rd job from even entering/taking the quest. 3rd jobs ruin low TI, making all 2nd job/trans characters useless, and instead of learning to use their skills or learning how teamwork makes short work of monsters, they wait with a recruiting chat until a 3rd class is available to easily AoE kill =|

#50 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 July 2014 - 08:30 AM

ok so i will try doing the lighthouse + spamming BB's. Should make it fast and interesting

thx all for the help on the cheapest and fastest method.

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 06 July 2014 - 08:30 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users