They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 May 2015 - 10:27 AM

I did some calculations to see the total of cost of purchasing all passives and it's quite crazy.

Right now the fastest and most efficient way to earn clan points is to directly buy it from the item mall. It'll take a group of 5 clan members around 5 hours to grind dungeons to earn 2m points, or $2.50

to purchase it directly. Sure you could earn more points by using the Medals of Diplomacy which increase the rate of earning clan points by 50% for an hour, but these are redundant as they cost 100 points each, and if you are going to spend money on these, you might as well save yourself a couple hours and just buy the clan boosters.  It's like buying a 1$ off coupon for 2$ instead of just buying the item it is to be used for directly.

The cost to max all passives both 30 day and permanent is: 2,613,750,000 clan points

• That equates to 1306.875 Item Mall Clan Point Boosters.
  • That equates to 326,718.75 Item Mall points
  • That equates to $2,722.65 after the 20% conversion discount when buying in bulk.

If you ignore the temporary passives, the cost to max all permanent passives is: 1,263,750,000 clan points

• That equates to 631.875 Item Mall Clan Point Boosters.
  • That equates to 157,968.75 Item Mall points
  • That equates to $1,316.40 after the 20% conversion discount when buying in bulk.

I like the idea of clan skills, but I don't like the fact that most of them are temporary and the cost is outrageous. I don't like the fact that you can buy points directly either, even if the cost of them is so unrealistic that no one will even get all of them. 

You didn't calculate in the max tier WPE energy tier OR the first of the month bonus conversion bonus. Just sayin. 

#152 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:10 PM

The time difference that it would take you to farm those points(and active manpower) proves to be too much of a gap. I think that is some of what the problem is.  I farmed with a group of five clanmates for an hour WITH the 5.00$ medals that give you 50% more(one medal for each of us), and I think we got roughly 400k clan points max. 

If you do the math on that..  Without it would roughly be 270k for five players in an hour of time without any item mall.

So if you figure, someone can buy clan points in item mall, they get 2m per.  to get roughly that much in game with a group of five, you're looking at probably 7 hours of work.  That's roughly 35 hours of labor to amount to what costs $2.50 in item mall.  And if that doesn't sound a little messed up..  I don't know what would for you. 

It was faster before when they had the clan point event going on obviously, but now the rates are so low its a little much. Even if you try to tell me that more clan mates can help out, that's not even realistic.  So going off those rates, you're looking at over 14 hours of work to be able to get what.. 15 people in clan?   Even if every person you added to clan helped, it would still take a substantial amount of time.  In the mean time, someone else bought it in 30minutes or less. 

So while I do know that they need funds to run things, making players miserable in the mean time isn't going to help them in the long run.  It might be a good way to squeeze money out now, but if it effects game play as much as I am imagining, its only going to lead to more people leaving.   I stress, again, that there are tons of other ways to get people to buy im.  Or that, if it was just for the leveling of the clan itself(# of players who could be in clan), I would be fine.   But you're talking adding stats on people and other such passives. 

lol 400k for an hour? Me and my clan were getting 1.6m an hour spamming dungeons (as a clan) and that wasn't even half of us. If all of us were spamming those dungeons that could of been 3.2m+  for an hour. The problem is people just want to join clans and do no work, and now people are complaining about their laziness.

This is exactly the same as item mall passives, it takes months and months to farm them all but only 5 minutes with a credit card. Why is nobody complaining about that? There is no way you can have a problem with this unless you are too lazy to farm them. Simple as that find a more efficient way to farm them like we did.

#153 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 24 May 2015 - 07:42 PM

lol 400k for an hour? Me and my clan were getting 1.6m an hour spamming dungeons (as a clan) and that wasn't even half of us. If all of us were spamming those dungeons that could of been 3.2m+  for an hour. The problem is people just want to join clans and do no work, and now people are complaining about their laziness.

This is exactly the same as item mall passives, it takes months and months to farm them all but only 5 minutes with a credit card. Why is nobody complaining about that? There is no way you can have a problem with this unless you are too lazy to farm them. Simple as that find a more efficient way to farm them like we did.

how many members did you have spamming to get 1.6m? or did you do that during the event the weekend before--we were getting it a lot faster the weekend before?   Never the less, it wouldn't change the math a bit. You're talking 35 hours of work to get 2m. It doesn't matter who makes up that 35 hours. Be it 1 player or 35.   The amount of work is the same. 

#154 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 May 2015 - 01:33 AM

how many members did you have spamming to get 1.6m? or did you do that during the event the weekend before--we were getting it a lot faster the weekend before?   Never the less, it wouldn't change the math a bit. You're talking 35 hours of work to get 2m. It doesn't matter who makes up that 35 hours. Be it 1 player or 35.   The amount of work is the same. 

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with buying Im for it if you don't like it then don't make a clan? if you are too lazy to farm then buy IM? if you don't want to farm and don't want to buy IM don't have ither? Stop complaining because it's not going to change regardless

#155 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:09 AM

Regardless, there's nothing wrong with buying Im for it if you don't like it then don't make a clan? if you are too lazy to farm then buy IM? if you don't want to farm and don't want to buy IM don't have ither? Stop complaining because it's not going to change regardless

Thank you.

#156 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 07:30 AM

Stop complaining because it's not going to change regardless? That's a horrible attitude in any aspect of life.  If they want to leave it in im, fine.  Leave it pay to win, but I'm saying that the gap between farming it and paying for it shouldn't be so large.  Even if the gap isn't so large, people who want to buy it would still buy it.   If they make the player base too miserable, they will taper off and play less(nothing we haven't seen before).  And even if those players are those who do not buy im it means less players around to keep those who buy it entertained.  So while I log in and play, its worth complaining about stupid stuff.  Some of us are still hopeful and hope the game will be good again someday. 

#157 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 08:06 AM

It's not his actual advice Namir. It's his tact for trying to sucker you into an argument of morals instead of remaining on point. It's a distraction and how he starts his arguments. Just stay on topic when he or anyone else tries it. 

#158 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 25 May 2015 - 09:27 AM

Stop complaining because it's not going to change regardless? That's a horrible attitude in any aspect of life.  If they want to leave it in im, fine.  Leave it pay to win, but I'm saying that the gap between farming it and paying for it shouldn't be so large.  Even if the gap isn't so large, people who want to buy it would still buy it.   If they make the player base too miserable, they will taper off and play less(nothing we haven't seen before).  And even if those players are those who do not buy im it means less players around to keep those who buy it entertained.  So while I log in and play, its worth complaining about stupid stuff.  Some of us are still hopeful and hope the game will be good again someday. 

Before yall were complaining about max level players have no end content .. now when yall have to do something you complain about it being too slow or too hard.

From all the current imbalances you chose to critic the new clan skills feature, you know how much money it takes to learn the skills and keep them maintained ? you really must have an hardcore obsession to pay such fees for a period of time. Every clan farms points now , even the richest clans.

To me it seems you are somehow upset because no one in your clan is willing to the farm points and your jealous of the bigger clans who got ahead of you, a position you aren't used to.

Edited by LexLoyalty, 25 May 2015 - 09:27 AM.

#159 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 May 2015 - 10:11 AM

This is my tought. 

The clans skills cost alot. I think the most expensive skill cost 300,000,000 million of points. Why its such a high price on them, I think its becuse. The DEV's know we players are fast to get done something. They put something out, we are done with it in one week. Here if you don't spend IM, you have something to do. A challange. Something to do instead standing in Junon afk. We have been asking something to do, there is nothing we can do. Why should we play Game Arena? There is nothing we want from there.

Here we have it. They finally gave us max 100% geared something to do something. Now it's worth to play Game Arena and I hope more stuff like this comes so its worth to do Game Arena.

Of course you can buy IM and take that way, its your choice. 

#160 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:04 AM

Crystal Defenders is sooo laggy it is impossible to play.  AA is fine, the lag is not there, no idea why.

Clan skills cost too many CP in my opinion.  Especially since they are temporary.  When we had double CP it was not bad, but now it is crazy hard to get that many points.  If the intention was that most would not be able to get the skills that is fine, but with the addition of the buying CP in IM then the rich clans are able to get them all and the poorer clans will almost never have more than one.  I think CP drops should be increased by about 1/3 at least.

#161 zonyzony

zonyzony

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:12 AM

Clan skills so high. Period. the 30 days at 50m? 125m? you gotta be kidding me. I know i know. Only people who want it can get it if not don't get it. It's my choice. Of course everyone wants it but seriously 125 million cp for a skill thats 30 days.. XD

#162 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

Before yall were complaining about max level players have no end content .. now when yall have to do something you complain about it being too slow or too hard.

From all the current imbalances you chose to critic the new clan skills feature, you know how much money it takes to learn the skills and keep them maintained ? you really must have an hardcore obsession to pay such fees for a period of time. Every clan farms points now , even the richest clans.
To me it seems you are somehow upset because no one in your clan is willing to the farm points and your jealous of the bigger clans who got ahead of you, a position you aren't used to.

A nice try to make it personal, but a failed attempt. If I was really that concerned of "being ahead" I would buy all the skills for my clan. Money isnt the issue for me. I, on the other hand, am aware of more then just myself. How is it fair that I could buy the points in a matter of minutes when a clan who might be full of kids, who dont have a full time job, cannot have the same luxary. This isn't just about having end.game content, its also about having some balance between paying for a luxary and having to do it the hard way. This effects everyone. A free to play game needs the players who dont spend to keep the players who do spend enticed. It's a delicate balance thats being trampled over constantly. The points were more appropriate during the double clan point event, but, the point is, now they are just far too slow. So, instead of trying to making it personal, lets discuss like adults. Thanks.

#163 TheRealCaNehDa

TheRealCaNehDa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1140 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2015 - 08:39 AM

Personally I think there should be a clan skill that costs 300m, but gives 3x the amount of CP (perm) 

#164 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

The ability to buy clan points is a luxury.  Just like the other items in the Item Mall.  That is what the Devs have been trying to make IM.  To level a clan you do not have to depend on buying the clan points, you can add people to the clan and farm them.  I don't think that any of the clan skills will make or break the PVP or PVM in the game.  Why all of the complaining?  It is not fair?  Well that is life.  Those that have money are able to have luxuries.  Those without money strive to make more or live within their means.  The company has to make money as well.  It is not a pay to win situation, as I really can't see the huge advantages.  Yes, there is an advantage, but not huge.  

#165 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 11:55 AM

The ability to directly buy CP to spend on things regardless of price, that directly influence end game power and advantage is pay to win. I don't give a damn who labels it as what, that is the truth. 

#166 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

That is your opinion Feuer, not the truth. It is also a common mis-perception. The Clan Points being available is a convenience pay, since you can obtain Clan Points from a number of sources in-game, you are not forced to purchase from the Item Mall. So it is a choice, a luxury, and one you do not need to make, that everyone can eventually achieve through basic to advanced forms of game play.

#167 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:32 PM

Just to say, I'm no longer accepting the "you guys are greedy" posts because it is not greed, it is a business and the fact is what the Item Mall is being setup to offer, are fun costumes, and a convenience to certain things you can achieve in-game. If you think it possible for ROSE to survive by being completely free, guess again. We've gone through some significant effort to keep ROSE fun and fair for all, while keeping to the idea that you do not need to purchase through the Item Mall to be able to enjoy playing. We, and many others, know this to be true.

So, as I said, I am not going to continue tolerating the posts. If you don't agree, I get it, but you're discouraging players that might have interest in supporting our efforts and services, which doesn't just hurt us, but everyone. So please kindly, stop and play the way you want to play and let others play how they wish to take advantage over offered services or not. Thank you.

#168 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:05 PM

Just to say, I'm no longer accepting the "you guys are greedy" posts because it is not greed, it is a business and the fact is what the Item Mall is being setup to offer, are fun costumes, and a convenience to certain things you can achieve in-game. If you think it possible for ROSE to survive by being completely free, guess again. We've gone through some significant effort to keep ROSE fun and fair for all, while keeping to the idea that you do not need to purchase through the Item Mall to be able to enjoy playing. We, and many others, know this to be true.

So, as I said, I am not going to continue tolerating the posts. If you don't agree, I get it, but you're discouraging players that might have interest in supporting our efforts and services, which doesn't just hurt us, but everyone. So please kindly, stop and play the way you want to play and let others play how they wish to take advantage over offered services or not. Thank you.

very well said +1 we can close this thread since its going nowhere more important things to discuss about bugs etc... imo

Edited by kumpiakot, 26 May 2015 - 06:05 PM.

#169 sc1991

sc1991

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

Well, i like this itemmall instant clan point idea
i even paid a lot for these clanpoint booster. then i raised perm all skills
but rate is bit so high. sure i don't think everyone can afford this. but i'm saying this is good idea. again.
well, i didn't farm a single CP from mobs. i raised from all ItemMall

0dKsiud.png

i don't remember how many times i paid 100$ each. seems everytime i pay always getting like this message 
spend wp energy before you pay.... that's i thought it's uncomfort for paying.

anyway, because of this small clan can be survive and save alot times. it's not pay to win. nobody force to you pay.
no more pointless hunting for clan point farming that why like it. and you'll be like it. or you already bought CP booster.
it's ur choice paying or not. Seems Hoo or SOD givin decent point with clan members. so again, you don't need to pay
you can farm cp with ur clan member or as part of member they can also contribute some CP booster. well..

but, please be consider adjust some rate. leonis and dev. 
thanks.

btw, i would like to see this booster idea is implemented for valor and honor gears.

Edited by sc1991, 27 May 2015 - 02:27 PM.

#170 MonnaLise

MonnaLise

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 550 posts
  • LocationUnder a suspended load
  • Server:The one with Free Premium

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:39 PM

Skill Update
Berserk
The "Enhanced Damage" stat has been changed to "Attack Power" due to the mechanical change in the combat formula making Enhanced Damage more impacting.

I dont think changing the Berserk is a good thing for champs. skill damage arent that strong. Enhance dmg is the only thing that boosts champs. Why not nerf it to 20% instead changing to attack power?

Edited by MonnaLise, 28 May 2015 - 06:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users