Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up - Page 8 - Archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Updated 3/31 Discussing the VIP settings that are coming up

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
302 replies to this topic

#176 Braska

Braska

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1353 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:48 PM

lol valk realm

#177 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:25 AM

One thing I suffered while playing stalker class for so long was the tiresome task of recopying skills that I would either switch out for different tasks or just losing during woe. At one point and time I suggest a special NPC, that would be available to the rogue skill tree only, that could be used to copy a given skill needed at the time from the list. With the added limitations on multiclienting possibly coming around the corner, something as such would seem pertinent. Typically, the skills I needed would often times be unavailable to me due to difficulty finding others to copy from or the skill levels would simply be too low to be effective. I had to make a full roster of characters to be able to play rogue class effectively without wasting sometimes hours to copy skills that I used frequently. Not to mention after losing a skill in woe, it could spell doom for the rest of the woe or atleast remove me from a battle for 10 min. or more after death to regain the needed skill. I hope this is something you will consider, in your "buff" npc's as I'm certain rogue class chars would love to have such available to them.

#178 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:06 AM

Lol. All this ppl makes insane propositions. The ppl not paying suscriptions, will get crushed for the players with a suscription.
I dont know what is the point of making f2p if u make it imposible to play by free.

You really have no idea what you're talking about do you?
Where do you think they get the funding for offer Free to Play? Oh right by selling items, equips and content to a dedicated part of the fan base. Ever wonder why Mafia Wars and most other Facebook games are free to play? Or why there some free content for Xbox Live? That's because they offer FREE content to regular players, who wont purchase points often or any at all. Then they offer better and pre-released content to the largest section of their fan base for a fee allowing to pull in old and possibly new players alike. But for you to say what was recommended is "insane" means you haven't been playing too many free online games and if you have, then you make up the section of their demographic who wont spend money on their game, so when they do product placement to make money THEY WONT BE TARGETING YOU. In simple terms: If you are not apart of the demographic who will by premium content that will pay to help fund the free to play portions of the game, your opinion means jack sh!t.

That'd be like iRO players telling Gravity what to offer as premium content to the other MMO's that Gravity Manages even though they'll never play the game in question.

SO unless you see your self spending money on this game in the near future, please contribute to the rational discussion of this subject or would everyone like lucky box events BECAUSE THAT ALWAYS WORKS RIGHT =D!?!?!?!

Yeah that'd be the day Posted Image

@ Vader
Yeah, that's a balancing issue, kinda like how TK and Xellie said about Soul Linkers, Perma Warpers and pretty much every class that isn't 3-1 or 3-2. Which are very valid points, but I dont think offering premium content to close the gap between the classes will be the best option. Even though you make a very prominent point, I really think the iRO community should make a thread dedicated to balancing iRO so that the game is more about fun and less about what ever the game is now.

Edited by TheUraharaShop, 31 March 2011 - 11:13 AM.

#179 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:37 PM

I'd like Kafra warps to be available in all towns. Probably something that will be overlooked, by by commenting on it, I hope it does not do so.

Thank you.

#180 soudou

soudou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • Server:EU abyss

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:30 PM

I'd like Kafra warps to be available in all towns. Probably something that will be overlooked, by by commenting on it, I hope it does not do so.

Thank you.

Especially in Rachel, Veins and Lighthalzen. I hate it when I accidentally save in those towns and have to take the airship because Lighthalzen has no warps and Rachel only has a warp to Veins and vice versa.

Edited by soudou, 31 March 2011 - 01:30 PM.

#181 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:09 PM

Here is more information as of 3/31/2011. I need to make this post now because no one will take it seriously tomorrow.

Multi-client restriction is being removed across the board. It didn't meet our preset requirements for implementation, so it will not be implemented at this time. It is doubtful it will be implemented in the future, but we do reserve the option if necessary.

Ymir Storage will have 600 as a default. Right now it may not be possible to have it go higher, if not the backup plan is to have 600 be both the default and VIP setting for Ymir until something is updated.

Testing has gone well, at launch we will simply be patching, (it isn't a ton of patches that have been delivered since October honestly), we will have a new full client installer likely in a week or 2 after all the kinks are worked out of the installer process we want to use.

We hope that this latest news helps ease concerns over this update, really it should all feel "golden" now as far as what is happening.

#182 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

That's great news.

#183 aurum

aurum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:17 PM

what about lag?

#184 Resplendent

Resplendent

Grand Nagus

• Members
  • 543 posts
  • LocationWashington State
  • Server:Sakray

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'm very glad to see these changes made. I think it'll make a huge difference in the future success of the game.

#185 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:20 PM

Well I was told in a ticket to post my suggestions here, but I guess I forgot, musta been a ADD moment for me.

Any ways my suggestion was that if we pay VIP status and unlike most botters, actualy have all our alt accounts on 1 WP Account. Could it be that the whole WP Account turns VIP status, instead of single RO Accounts. Personaly I don't have any thing to hide. Neither do any of my family memebers who have 3-5 accounts tied to a WP Account, so why not let us have VIP status for the WP account.

I think it's only fair, since we put these several accounts in 1 wp account that there should be a reward. Now weather or not the VIP Warp Portal account would cost more then to VIP a single account that's up to you to decide. But I know that if VIP was for Warpportal account and not for every RO account. I'd be more willing to get the VIP status for my accounts! Or atleast let there be some sort of discount to VIP several accounts at once.

7 Dollars for 1 month of VIP WP Account would be nice, but I guess more realisticly there should be atleast a discount for bulk VIPing our alts.

#186 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:24 PM

Here is more information as of 3/31/2011. I need to make this post now because no one will take it seriously tomorrow.

Multi-client restriction is being removed across the board. It didn't meet our preset requirements for implementation, so it will not be implemented at this time. It is doubtful it will be implemented in the future, but we do reserve the option if necessary.

Ymir Storage will have 600 as a default. Right now it may not be possible to have it go higher, if not the backup plan is to have 600 be both the default and VIP setting for Ymir until something is updated.

Testing has gone well, at launch we will simply be patching, (it isn't a ton of patches that have been delivered since October honestly), we will have a new full client installer likely in a week or 2 after all the kinks are worked out of the installer process we want to use.

We hope that this latest news helps ease concerns over this update, really it should all feel "golden" now as far as what is happening.

WOW this is great I didnt read it b4 posting... That's why I'm a terrible forumer; also why I never look/comment on these things.

#187 Mosu

Mosu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1115 posts
  • LocationMinnesota/Virginia

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:08 PM

Well I was told in a ticket to post my suggestions here, but I guess I forgot, musta been a ADD moment for me.

Any ways my suggestion was that if we pay VIP status and unlike most botters, actualy have all our alt accounts on 1 WP Account. Could it be that the whole WP Account turns VIP status, instead of single RO Accounts. Personaly I don't have any thing to hide. Neither do any of my family memebers who have 3-5 accounts tied to a WP Account, so why not let us have VIP status for the WP account.

I think it's only fair, since we put these several accounts in 1 wp account that there should be a reward. Now weather or not the VIP Warp Portal account would cost more then to VIP a single account that's up to you to decide. But I know that if VIP was for Warpportal account and not for every RO account. I'd be more willing to get the VIP status for my accounts! Or atleast let there be some sort of discount to VIP several accounts at once.

7 Dollars for 1 month of VIP WP Account would be nice, but I guess more realisticly there should be atleast a discount for bulk VIPing our alts.

I have said this somewhere before (or at least asked about it). I agree with this concept of VIP WP Accounts. Yes, I am a valkyrie player, and I have 5+ accounts (of my [direct] own). I would support an increased cost for this (unless that was the original plan, then nevermind).

The whole point of having a Warp Portal account is to bind multiple game accounts into one solid account. Make it more useful than it already is and enact this.

I'd also like to know... Is VIP status payable ONLY in Warp Portal Energy, or can it be in KP because I'll probably have just redeemed my WP-->KP.

Edited by Mosu, 31 March 2011 - 03:08 PM.

#188 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:00 PM

I love the default storage and multi client options, especially on Ymir.

#189 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:37 PM

Valkyrie: Item limits will be relaxed somewhat, like common stuff will drop from monsters like Blue gems, flywings etc. Card limitations are still in discussion.

Just don't introduce GTB cards into valk. I would be happy with keeping the limitation the same or expanding the card restrictions just so long as GTB is not introduced. GTB is just not balanced and it has been a positive step to not allow it on the server. Adding it now is like taking several steps backwards. I imagine many people on valk will have similar feelings.

#190 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:11 PM

so we have to download 2gigs of game again?

#191 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:13 PM

Gravity actual listened for once to the customers, I am quite shocked, Bring on a New client, but only if it has all the patchs up to 4-6-2011

#192 Pingchan222

Pingchan222

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Just don't introduce GTB cards into valk. I would be happy with keeping the limitation the same or expanding the card restrictions just so long as GTB is not introduced. GTB is just not balanced and it has been a positive step to not allow it on the server. Adding it now is like taking several steps backwards. I imagine many people on valk will have similar feelings.

Yes, this, personally I always considered the lack of GTB one of valks many pros.

Vitata and creamy coming back would be fine, along with teleport not costing 100 SP, item costs being normal, items selling for regular price, teleports in all towns,etc.

#193 CuttyFlam

CuttyFlam

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:15 PM

Anyone know when Valk servers going back up?

#194 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

GTB should for sure be introduced to the Valk server. Valk shouldn't have special incentives for people to stay and play there.

#195 Kiehl

Kiehl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 355 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:33 PM

Thanks for the update, however I still have some concerns that doesn't still feel so "golden" about the F2P settings of Yggdrasil that are still to be clarified:
  • Teleport skill cost (100 or 10 SP)
  • Restricted cards (Creamy / Vitata / Deviling / Golden Thiefbug / Ghostring)
  • What will happen to the eventually restricted cards that are existing on Yggdrasil?

#196 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

Teleport: All servers 10sp
GTB : Ygg and Valk, no longer drop
Creamy/Vitata : Unrestrict
Ghost/Devling : Will not be in OCA/MCA on Open servers

Items like empty bottles will be dropped AND sold via NPCs.

#197 JAYRAD

JAYRAD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts
  • Server:the one with the bots

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:46 PM

wait does that mean deviling is gonna be on valk now?

#198 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

How about marriage? Can we get the option to pay with zeny on Valkyrie instead of oath of marriage?

#199 Maka

Maka

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 991 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:52 PM

I still don't like multiclienting, but with the storage mess cleared up, I have nothing to complain about with the new F2P iRO.

#200 Allysia

Allysia

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationIn a better Place.
  • Server:My Company

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Teleport: All servers 10sp
GTB : Ygg and Valk, no longer drop
Creamy/Vitata : Unrestrict
Ghost/Devling : Will not be in OCA/MCA on Open servers

Items like empty bottles will be dropped AND sold via NPCs.

Thanks to God finally an official and clear answer on the yggdrasil future! My baggage was almost ready to change official server, but now I could think to give another shot at iRO, if I can keep my creamy cards, use 10 SP for teleport and to continue the hunt for the card that I wish.

Anyway Thanks a lot for the answer, thanks also from my husband(atm he is sleeping and he can't answer).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users